Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,272 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Went to see the doc just a slight sprain feels good today, I will be investing in wrist straps now!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Went to see the doc just a slight sprain feels good today, I will be investing in wrist straps now!
    I use them every time. Feel naked without them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ga...ist-wraps.html

I may start using straps when i do deadlifts but not with anything else...

just started deadlifts a few days ago for the first time in 6 years and also crushed them out this morning.

Definitely feel good but holy hell do i have to grip tight...i'm not doing crazy weight and only did 5 reps of 315 on set 5 but still killed my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_R6 View Post
    I may start using straps when i do deadlifts but not with anything else...

just started deadlifts a few days ago for the first time in 6 years and also crushed them out this morning.

Definitely feel good but holy hell do i have to grip tight...i'm not doing crazy weight and only did 5 reps of 315 on set 5 but still killed my hands.
    you are talking about lifting straps. me and grim are talking about wrist wraps. I use lifting straps any time I do any type of pulling motion like shrugs or dead lifts. Basically any back exercise. Wraps help support your wrists so accidents don't happen when lifting like your wrist giving out and causing injury. Like in grim's case.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I use them every time. Feel naked without them.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ga...ist-wraps.html
    Wow, those are hardcore wrist wraps! I had surgery on my right wrist a few years back, so I always use wrist wraps, but have always used the type that are built into the glove

These are the ones I use now. I'd recommend them....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wow, those are hardcore wrist wraps! I had surgery on my right wrist a few years back, so I always use wrist wraps, but have always used the type that are built into the glove

These are the ones I use now. I'd recommend them....
    I don't wear gloves anymore. Gloves reduce your grip strength so I stopped using them about a year ago. It sucked at first, hands were cramping when I did anything heavy, but once I got used to it I can't go back to gloves. My hands are calloused like crazy, but the difference in grip strength is worth it.

I don't wear gloves anymore. Gloves reduce your grip strength so I stopped using them about a year ago. It sucked at first, hands were cramping when I did anything heavy, but once I got used to it I can't go back to gloves. My hands are calloused like crazy, but the difference in grip strength is worth it.
    My girl likes soft hands if you know what I mean

Yeah I also use wrist straps. A buddy of mine at the gym has been raving about these so may give them a shot
    http://www.versagripps.com/
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon May 14th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.

Yeah I also use wrist straps. A buddy of mine at the gym has been raving about these so may give them a shot
    They look like an all in one type. I'd be open to trying them myself.

I'm with ya...my first lifting phase i used gloves then was made fun of by a best friend of mine so i stopped and will definitely never go back. Hands are calloused up but not too terribly bad. Its worth it for sure.

I've got a buddy at the gym that uses these as well...once i go a bit heavier in deadlifts and a few other things, i may give these a shot.

So here's been my dilemma lately, there is no motivation at my gym. I've worked out at the CU Rec Center for the past 4-5 years and there was always some good motivation. No, I'm not just talking about hot chicks, but even guys that work hard and push themselves. I'm not interested in checking out dudes, but there is a much better vibe in the gym when someone dedicated is working out.

Once or twice a week, there will be others working hard. But those two guys (yes, only two) are just bulk-monkeys. Heaviest weight possible, fuck form and do three reps. They are able to do this while keeping a solid beer gut. There is one or two random MILF's, but it's not even that much motivation.

Top it off with mostly uber out of shape people (this morning, there were only three people at the gym, they were on treadmills doing 3.5 mph on a 1% incline holding on to the bar for support). The afternoons are a little better. What do I do to keep motivated? Personally, I'm doing great workouts and having fun, but it's wearing on me. I started listening to economics podcasts because getting pumped up by music is hard when no one else is pumped up. What should I do?

(Don't want to talk too negatively about the other people at the gym. It's awesome that they are making an effort and doing it. That's way cool in my book.)

Also, gotta order some new protein powder and some pre-workout. Should I go to Bodybuilder.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    So here's been my dilemma lately, there is no motivation at my gym. I've worked out at the CU Rec Center for the past 4-5 years and there was always some good motivation. No, I'm not just talking about hot chicks, but even guys that work hard and push themselves. I'm not interested in checking out dudes, but there is a much better vibe in the gym when someone dedicated is working out.

Once or twice a week, there will be others working hard. But those two guys (yes, only two) are just bulk-monkeys. Heaviest weight possible, fuck form and do three reps. They are able to do this while keeping a solid beer gut. There is one or two random MILF's, but it's not even that much motivation.

Top it off with mostly uber out of shape people (this morning, there were only three people at the gym, they were on treadmills doing 3.5 mph on a 1% incline holding on to the bar for support). The afternoons are a little better. What do I do to keep motivated? Personally, I'm doing great workouts and having fun, but it's wearing on me. I started listening to economics podcasts because getting pumped up by music is hard when no one else is pumped up. What should I do?

(Don't want to talk too negatively about the other people at the gym. It's awesome that they are making an effort and doing it. That's way cool in my book.)

Also, gotta order some new protein powder and some pre-workout. Should I go to Bodybuilder.com?
    The only advice I can give you is just do your workout for you and get pumped up about how you are making yourself healthier and a better bod for your woman .

I don't workout with anyone and that is by choice i prefer to be by myself i keep my Ipod on I don't talk to people and i focus on my workout, it's what i have been doing since i started lifting and it works great for me. I am not there to rely, impress, or make friend's i am there to improve myself and release any stress or anger i may have gathered throughout the day.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Lack of motivation, eh? I'm sure Nate knows of a supplement for it. (I keed... I keed).

As much as I'd like to think I have some awesome pep-talk to give ya, motivation is such an internal mechanism, it'd be hard for any of us to really know what's going to make you tick.

Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty got high before his workouts. Maybe give it a try.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'd say if you are having trouble getting motivated at a gym that sounds like is a miserable environment, it's time for a new setting (gym). If you can't get motivated to go to have a good work out, you will eventually stop going all together. Gym's are pretty affordable as long as you don't sign up for a personal trainer. That usually adds a few hundred dollars on top of your membership fee which, in my opinion, is a waste of money. One thing you can do is maybe look at yourself as being the fittest person in the gym and maybe that will motivate you into a good work out.

Bodybuilding.com is a good site to get whatever supplement you need. They run a lot of sales and have good competitive prices and delivery is usually 2-3 days. I have never had an order run past 3 days before I got it. Don't forget about your multivitamins though. They are a necessity in fitness. I get these, pretty good price for the bottle count. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cl...angetriad.html

The only advice I can give you is just do your workout for you
    I do, and that's what keeps me going. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what others do. I do like being social at the gym, for me, it makes it more enjoyable to hang out there 5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Lack of motivation, eh? I'm sure Nate knows of a supplement for it. (I keed... I keed).
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty got high before his workouts.
    One in the same?

I'd say if you are having trouble getting motivated at a gym that sounds like is a miserable environment, it's time for a new setting (gym). [/URL]

Sorry, but that's kind of funny for me. If you weren't aware, I live in Rifle, CO. Yup, only one fitness center for at least 30-40 miles in any direction. So my choices are pretty limited.

I am doing a multi-vitamin. I'm taking the GNC active one. Is that pretty solid?

Sorry, but that's kind of funny for me. If you weren't aware, I live in Rifle, CO. Yup, only one fitness center for at least 30-40 miles in any direction. So my choices are pretty limited.

I am doing a multi-vitamin. I'm taking the GNC active one. Is that pretty solid?
    Yea, I wasn't aware.... Maybe try to psych yourself up before you leave the house with some music or training videos on youtube or something. Or, smack a bitch or two on the way to the gym. That should get you pretty hyped...

I used to take the GNC strength multivitamin, but they are a little pricey with only a 30 day supply in the box. You can get cheaper ones and they are all pretty much the same.

Yea, I wasn't aware.... Maybe try to psych yourself up before you leave the house with some music or training videos on youtube or something. Or, smack a bitch or two on the way to the gym. That should get you pretty hyped...
    If I ever tried to smack Angela, she'd smack me back harder, kick me in the balls and then sue me for everything. No thanks...

I used to take the GNC strength multivitamin, but they are a little pricey with only a 30 day supply in the box. You can get cheaper ones and they are all pretty much the same.
    Good to know, thanks!

I do, and that's what keeps me going. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what others do. I do like being social at the gym, for me, it makes it more enjoyable to hang out there 5 days a week.

I prefer to feed off of the fear that the people at my gym have towards me because i literally never smile or talk or breath, that's my motivation right there.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I got scared just reading that.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I prefer to feed off of the fear that the people at my gym have towards me because i literally never smile or talk or breath, that's my motivation right there.

I don’t know. Maybe subscribe to Muscle and Fitness or Men’s Health and take that with you! After you see how in shape some of these guys are maybe it will motivate you. Plus some of their workouts may inspire you to try something new.

Sucks you can’t go to a different gym….

Yeah bodybuilding.com is great and I usually get my order within three days. Plus they usually give you a free gift…the more you spend the better the gift you get to choose. I love free! Their customer services is also great!

Well, I haven't really found anymore motivation. Like Nate had suggested, I had already been going through some old Men's health mags at the library looking for new/different exercises. I think it's just something I'll have to work through out here.

I did order new stuff last night. I got some of Nate's protein powder, some of the vitamins 3D suggested and then ordered some Neurocore. I think it'll be a good pre-workout kick in the pants. Although Bodybuilding.com didn't have any grape, so I had to go to Amazon (which was also $15 cheaper w/shipping). I'm psyched to get more into it and get more results! I feel like I'm looking a lot better after only 6 weeks. I'm really excited to get in good shape for my wedding in July.

I'm starting to lose motivation as well...almost completely fell off my diet wagon due to a girl i'm into but gonna try to get back on that lol. Its not bad to some of you but to me its bad; i had 3 beers last night with her as well as some ice cream. I havent had beer in about 4 months lol.

How do you like the neurocore, sean??? I currently take it and really like it...i take the normal fruit punch.

I've been taking some kre-alkalyn pills lately and really not liking them very well. They just dont do a lot for me and i definitely miss my cellmass so as soon as i'm done with these pills (have about 30 days or so left) i'm going to be right back on cellmass.

Hopefully tonight is a good workout...need to work off the thai food, beer, and ice ream...ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_R6 View Post
    I'm starting to lose motivation as well...almost completely fell off my diet wagon due to a girl i'm into but gonna try to get back on that lol. Its not bad to some of you but to me its bad; i had 3 beers last night with her as well as some ice cream. I havent had beer in about 4 months lol.

How do you like the neurocore, sean??? I currently take it and really like it...i take the normal fruit punch.

I've been taking some kre-alkalyn pills lately and really not liking them very well. They just dont do a lot for me and i definitely miss my cellmass so as soon as i'm done with these pills (have about 30 days or so left) i'm going to be right back on cellmass.

Hopefully tonight is a good workout...need to work off the thai food, beer, and ice ream...ugh
    Post pics of the girl and we will tell you if it was worth it

Don't worry bro, give yourself a break every once in a while. After all fitness is a lifesystyle and not a fad, so you need to reward yourself so you don't get burnt out. If it makes you feel better my girl and I had a few too many Indian beers on Friday for dinner. Woke up paying for it Sat and was tired all day.

Good workout this morning! Chest and tri's. I'm starting to think at the 2 month mark (June 10th) I'm going to switch it up and try different combinations of muscle groups on different days. keep the body guessing, right? How often do you guys stitch up your routines?

[QUOTE=Owen_R6;672186]How do you like the neurocore, sean??? I currently take it and really like it...i take the normal fruit punch.
    [\QUOTE]I'm supposed to get it tomorrow or the next day. I'll chime in after a week of using it. I'm pretty excited. I've never really used a pre-workout thing, so it'll be new.

As for splurging on diet stuff....all in moderation, my friend. maybe I'm too laxed, but I'm just not willing to give up on the guilty pleasures of life. I'm never giving up my beer!!!!