Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,464 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nope....you know I don't recommend outdoor cardio for that exact reason!
    It's been affecting me in the gym just as much, not as bad today but last week sucked.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    It's been affecting me in the gym just as much, not as bad today but last week sucked.
    Weird I have asthma and am usually pretty sensitive, but haven't had any issues lately. I had them more when that fire was just started in the Springs. Who knows seems like different things in the air trouble people different. I have been taking steriod asthma inhler for about the last year though so that could be why it hasn't bothered me as much as in the past

You could always get some ephedrine for asthma issues; and burn calories at same time Places like Walgreens sell it behind counter under bronchaid medicine.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Ephedrine inhalers have caused heart attacks. Don't use them.

I used to have an albuterol one for random use, I may go get another. Strangely the Springs fires didn't affect me too much.

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I used to have an albuterol one for random use, I may go get another. Strangely the Springs fires didn't affect me too much.
    I meant the Ephedrine pills! Most people think it is banned but it is not for Asthma. It was actually made for Asthma, but people found it worked for fat loss too; just like clenbuterol.

All the people who ever got hurt or died from Ephedrine were people who abused it bad! I don't get why they come down so hard on the drug when it is idiots abusing it. Same could be said for Tylenol which is is one of the highest causing factors in liver damage. Add it with alcohol and even more dangerous.....and how may people you know that pop it for hangovers! http://www.healthiertalk.com/acetami...e-2-weeks-0671

This is the brand that sells it for asthma (usually behind counter)

http://www.ephedrine-pills.com/bronk...e-sulfate.html
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.

Dang must have scared Ralph away with my ephedrine talk

Ralph do you have asthma or is it just the fires bothering you? Inhalers are probably your best bet if you can get one prescribed; I use Ventolin. Check with your insurance before going to the doctor and see which ones are on their "prefered" tier so you don't end up paying a lot of money. I have United Healthcare and Ventolin is the one they offer for cheap. Some can go as high as $80 if you choose the worng insurance tier. I have had bad asthma my entire life and I also use QVar inhaler twice a day to control my asthma. It is not for a asthma attack, but has really helped control my daily symptoms.

I agree though, Ephedrine inhalers (Primatene Mist) suck and should not be used by asthma patients because it does not treat asthma, just it treats symptoms that can come from asthma. The danger in treating only symptoms is that repeated asthma attacks can permanently damage the lungs. Poorly controlled asthma can progress into worse symptoms as the person gets older. I beleive Primatine Mist was taken off the market anyways (although because of the ozone and not for it's poor asthma treatment).

I completely agree with ephedrine and asthma. The root, Ma Huang, has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat asthma for hundreds of years. I don't know anything about the spray, but the actual Ma Huang can be very effective. And yes, it can be used as an energy/weight loss supplement.

Finally tried to do squats and exercises that use my mid section today. Felt really weird and weak. May take a little while to get back to that. Otherwise still plugging away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I completely agree with ephedrine and asthma. The root, Ma Huang, has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat asthma for hundreds of years. I don't know anything about the spray, but the actual Ma Huang can be very effective. And yes, it can be used as an energy/weight loss supplement.

Finally tried to do squats and exercises that use my mid section today. Felt really weird and weak. May take a little while to get back to that. Otherwise still plugging away!
    Yeah ephedrine got a bad rap from weight loss abusers but it does work for asthma!

Glad you are still at it buddy! I feal ya and I hate squates; my least favorite exercise. I am still hurting on my mid section for the 1 hour I did of them on Saturday; really makes you realize how many things utilize abs/midsection.
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Aug 14th, 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Glad you are still at it buddy! I feal ya and I hate squates; my least favorite exercise. I am still hurting on my mid section for the 1 hour I did of them on Saturday; really makes you realize how many things utilize abs/midsection.
    No, I like squats. I just messed up my right side from a dirtbike crash. There were no broken bones or internal bleeding, but I bruised the ribs and still have a hematoma (3 weeks later). So I had to lay off the core stuff.

But you are right. Every time I try a new exercise, I feel super wimpy if it's a muscle I don't usually work! Speaking of which, I'm getting a little bored with my exercises. Might try and do some research to mix it up a little.

No, I like squats. I just messed up my right side from a dirtbike crash. There were no broken bones or internal bleeding, but I bruised the ribs and still have a hematoma (3 weeks later). So I had to lay off the core stuff.

But you are right. Every time I try a new exercise, I feel super wimpy if it's a muscle I don't usually work! Speaking of which, I'm getting a little bored with my exercises. Might try and do some research to mix it up a little.
    I used to love sqauts then over did it one day and felt something go wrong in my back. Ended up being since I broke my hip at age 18 my back doesn't move correctly and squats are not good for me; the pressure locks something up. I do miss them and have to rely on leg presses.

Have you thought about the workout "Insanity"? Don't remember if you tried that buy my sister switched from P90x to that and loves it. Seems to cardio hard for me
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do

Nah not scared away, just preoccupied. Sorry I initially thought you were talking about the inhaler, not pills. (Still, not taking ephedrine pills either... The last thing I need is weight loss.)

I had bad asthma as a kid. It's mostly gone now, though exercise can occasionally trigger it. At one point I had an albuterol inhaler for mitigating that, but didn't need it for years. Lately I think the combination of high pollution count and really upping the cardio/running is just badness, so I will probably go get another one. Additionally my allergies have been acting up, which is causing some mild chest congestion, which just adds to the issue. Long story short, running when you literally can't get enough oxygen is not fun, and makes training hard if not pointless. On the other hand, it's kinda like high altitude training.

than sincere ignorance

Have you thought about the workout "Insanity"? Don't remember if you tried that buy my sister switched from P90x to that and loves it. Seems to cardio hard for me
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ms/insanity.do
    I started doing some solid workouts on Friday, but today was my first day of Insanity.
    Go back to page 2 or 3. That's why Wicky and I started this thread! Sounds like you're taking too many supplements and they are effecting your brain. I might try and do it again this winter, not sure.

Nah not scared away, just preoccupied. Sorry I initially thought you were talking about the inhaler, not pills. (Still, not taking ephedrine pills either... The last thing I need is weight loss.)

I had bad asthma as a kid. It's mostly gone now, though exercise can occasionally trigger it. At one point I had an albuterol inhaler for mitigating that, but didn't need it for years. Lately I think the combination of high pollution count and really upping the cardio/running is just badness, so I will probably go get another one. Additionally my allergies have been acting up, which is causing some mild chest congestion, which just adds to the issue. Long story short, running when you literally can't get enough oxygen is not fun, and makes training hard if not pointless. On the other hand, it's kinda like high altitude training.
    Hey man I can help you gain if you are willing to eat all day into the 5000 calorie range! It is the only way man!

Yeah I had asthma so bad too, but exercise is the one things that really helped it to get better. Just going a bit farther than the day before until I strengthened the lungs. We just have it hard way up here in elevation. In Mexico my breathing was so much better!

Go back to page 2 or 3. That's why Wicky and I started this thread! Sounds like you're taking too many supplements and they are effecting your brain. I might try and do it again this winter, not sure.
    Sheesh Sean that was like 58 pages back. I'll try to add it to my "Sean's Life" journal

Well then go lift heavy man! Stop when you puke

Sheesh Sean that was like 58 pages back. I'll try to add it to my "Sean's Life" journal
    Sounds like you need to reevaluate your priorities....

I just figured you'd remember me posting up everyday, for 3 months straight, about the same topic?

Sounds like you need to reevaluate your priorities....

I just figured you'd remember me posting up everyday, for 3 months straight, about the same topic?
    Hey I said I couldn't remember, so I had a hint you did I've just been helping a lot of people lately here and at my gym. Plus this and MMA is all I talk about all day everyday

You just get tired of workouts fast, so hard to keep up Maybe one day see if you could come down to Littleton on a Sunday or a day off and I can show you a bunch of different workouts to do. Even a small change on dumbells machines can work different muscles.

Maybe we could convince Grim to come too; I want to see what he has in the gym!
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Aug 14th, 2012 at 11:29 AM.

Hey man I can help you gain if you are willing to eat all day into the 5000 calorie range! It is the only way man!

Effects of Dietary Composition on Energy Expenditure During Weight-Loss Maintenance
    Citation: JAMA. 2012;307(24):2627-2634. doi:10.1001/jama.2012.6607

As Dr David S Ludwig, the lead author of the study reminds us,
    "The best long-term approach will be to avoid restriction of any major nutrient--either fat or carbohydrate--and instead focus on the quality of nutrients. This is not to say that the number of calories isn't important, but it's now saying we should also pay attention to the quality of those calories. So the argument that the food industry likes to make--that all foods can be part of a healthful diet as long as you watch calories--is really misleading at best.”
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post

Effects of Dietary Composition on Energy Expenditure During Weight-Loss Maintenance
    Citation: JAMA. 2012;307(24):2627-2634. doi:10.1001/jama.2012.6607
    I agree though not all calories are the same and didn't really mean for Ralph to get 5000 calories from eating ice cream everyday; most those calories need to be from protein. Plus I hope you know I meant eat 5000 calories along with working your ass out at the gym. I am not saying this is for everyone, but guys like Ralph and myself have a fast metobilism so putting on mass is not a easy task sometimes. I tried for years until I got a personal trainer who made me see this is all a science more than just picking up some weights. You don't put in enough calories, then you don't have enough "fuel" to grow.
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Aug 17th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.

I agree though not all calories are the same and didn't really mean for Ralph to get 5000 calories from eating ice cream everyday; most those calories need to be from protein. Plus I hope you know I meant eat 5000 calories along with working your ass out at the gym. I am not saying this is for everyone, but guys like Ralph and myself have a fast metobilism so putting on mass is not a easy task sometimes. I tried for years until I got a personal trainer who made me see this is all a science more than just picking up some weights. You don't put in enough calories, then you don't have enough "fuel" to grow.
    Word..... "Eat-To-Grow" Speaking of which, have you ever checked out this site? http://www.eattogrow.com If I had the money, I'd definitely get my meats this way. I will just stick with Whole Foods for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Word..... "Eat-To-Grow" Speaking of which, have you ever checked out this site? http://www.eattogrow.com If I had the money, I'd definitely get my meats this way. I will just stick with Whole Foods for now.
    Yeah that would be awesome! So wish I could afford it too. For now Costco has been my friend; went and spent about $200 on chicken and protein stuff last Sunday.

A buddy of mine did the local one where they cook the food for you for the entire week http://www.fitfoods4u.com/. I looked into it for myself, but was too expensive for me; although they actually cook and prepare the food at this place. My buddies brother is in the UFC so of course he got it for free, so this is how I saw learned about it. Food was good stuff though and right on to your personal goals!

I had a great morning mountain biking! 2 hours of hard cardio, dirt and a little blood. Good times. Man, I love getting outside in the morning. Especially in Rifle where nobody's around except for me and a few friends. Super cool.

eat to grow is interesting, and a little scary. wtf do they do to their meat? We get our stuff from a butcher, so it doesn't have hormones, chemicals or other shit. Plus, it's local. It tastes great and isn't much more expensive.

Yeah that would be awesome! So wish I could afford it too. For now Costco has been my friend; went and spent about $200 on chicken and protein stuff last Sunday.

A buddy of mine did the local one where they cook the food for you for the entire week http://www.fitfoods4u.com/. I looked into it for myself, but was too expensive for me; although they actually cook and prepare the food at this place. My buddies brother is in the UFC so of course he got it for free, so this is how I saw learned about it. Food was good stuff though and right on to your personal goals!
    Wow, this is the first I've heard of this place. It seems that it would cut out a lot of time in preparation and cooking. Although, I don't like eating food that has been in the fridge for a over a day.

This is no joke, to add 10lbs of muscle I was taking in an extra 2000+ calories on workout days just to gain mass. I've leveled off on that so am not consuming as much, but metabolism is a big factor for sure.

In my case I do consume protein, but also a lot of good carbs. They convert to fuel more readily, which is important for endurance training. Protein is also usable as fuel, but tends to be better for muscle rebuilding (which does happen after a long run as well as weightlifting).

Supplements to boost my intake aside, I found one of the single most important changes I made was diet. No/bad fuel in = pointless workout, and even insufficient quantities of good fuel will screw you. Paying attention to what and how much you eat will have a massive difference on your exercise quality and results, and IMO should be the very first thing you change before buying carb/protein additives. I'm also waiting on results from InsideTracker currently to find out where I need to adjust my diet further, so we'll see what that says (probably next week sometime).

than sincere ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Wow, this is the first I've heard of this place. It seems that it would cut out a lot of time in preparation and cooking. Although, I don't like eating food that has been in the fridge for a over a day.
    I know that is why I wanted it too; to save me time. Buddy says food stayed pretty well though and he doesn't like leftovers either. Only complaint is after a few months he got sick of it because only so many things you can eat that are healthy.

Well, I think I'm easing up on the weights for a little bit. Sorry Nate. I decided to sign up for a triathlon. Yes, it's true, I'm coming out of retirement for a sprint race! Turns out there is a short race near me, and it's being run by a company I am very familiar with. So I guess I have to start training again. This should be interesting...and painful. currently I don't even own a road bike, but thankfully have been doing some mountain biking. On the downside, I haven't swam in over 8 moths, run in 6-7 months, and the race is in 6 weeks.

Got the InsideTracker results back, very interesting stuff. Majority of blood markers are within desired range, but I am high in Ferritin (meaning too much iron), B12, and Calcium was quite high. Vit D was way low. Also concerning are high LDL cholesterol (like, almost "go see a doctor" high), and HDL being way too low. Total cholesterol (LDL+HDL) were almost borderline "badness" as well because of the LDL. Obviously going to have to make some significant changes there.

What I like about this is it gives considerable dietary recommendations on how to correct these values, as well as what to eat/drink to maintain the other things that are where they should be. All in all, they measured 20 different markers. It wasn't cheap, but I haven't had blood work done for any reason in years, and have been wondering about these things for a while. I'm planning on doing this again in about 4 months to see what effect my upcoming dietary changes have made. All physiological things start with good blood chemistry, so I'm also intrigued to see if this helps me feel/perform better.

than sincere ignorance