Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast
Results 1,513 to 1,536 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    For some reason men are losing testosterone faster than in the past!
    Diet and lifestyle would be my guess. Some foods can help replace it, but I wouldn't count on the processed garbage most people eat all day long to have that effect. Sitting around at a desk all day doesn't cause your body to generate as much either.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

my un-scientific research has shown that many people believe being an internet badass helps boost testosterone
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    my un-scientific research has shown that many people believe being an internet badass helps boost testosterone
    posting to confirm this unconfirmed theory
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Diet and lifestyle would be my guess. Some foods can help replace it, but I wouldn't count on the processed garbage most people eat all day long to have that effect. Sitting around at a desk all day doesn't cause your body to generate as much either.
    Yeah I bet it has a lot to do with our crappy processed foods nowadays and not being as active!

It has been proven that being overweight does cause you to have less testosterone and more estrogen. Therefore if America's obesity rate has increased it would point towards why their is a decrease in testosterone in men.

Not to be mean, but when obese guys do have what we call "bitch tits" it is from the extra estrogen they produce; same as with steriod abusers! I find a lot of guys that think it is all from the extra fat they have, but there is more to it than just that.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

3D will agree this is the greatest commercial ever!

Happier than a Bodybuilder directing traffic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...t1CtJEOk#t=33s

Good ole Kali Muscle!!! Guy's arms ar bigger than my legs

P.S.
    Sorry haven't figured out how to embed video on site. Please someone share how to do it

Uggh, why does this not work!!!!
    http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...nt></span></a>

or this

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...BSt1CtJEOk</a>
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 5th, 2012 at 03:35 PM.

Uggh, why does this not work!!!!
    Because video embedding is turned off for this site.

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Because video embedding is turned off for this site.
    Yeah guess I was fooled

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...jenneke&page=2

No big deal...

3D will agree this is the greatest commercial ever!

Happier than a Bodybuilder directing traffic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...t1CtJEOk#t=33s
    [/video]
    Pretty funny commercial. I've been watching his vids from a few years ago. He's come quite a long way since then. you can really see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Pretty funny commercial. I've been watching his vids from a few years ago. He's come quite a long way since then. you can really see the difference.
    I just love his huge smile in the commercial. Would be nice to see him win a Olympia title one day; poor guy seems to always get top ten but never the title. Just so much competition.

Insufflalex HLE – World’s First Snortable Pre-Workout Supplement

Wow, thought this was a joke, but it is real!!!! I could see getting arrested for doing lines in the locker room

Although not sure I would trust a company called "spot me bro labs"....
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 6th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.

Don't expect to see this stuff sold too many places. Not sure if anyone (in their right mind) would even want to try this stuff. SPOTMEBRO Labs.....

Don't expect to see this stuff sold too many places. Not sure if anyone (in their right mind) would even want to try this stuff. SPOTMEBRO Labs.....
    What! You don't want to do a few lines in between sets

Could you imagine seeing someone do that at the gym

I just love his huge smile in the commercial. Would be nice to see him win a Olympia title one day; poor guy seems to always get top ten but never the title. Just so much competition.
    He's not aesthetic. Huge...but it doesn't all come together like it should for a Mr. O

Now, Jay, on the other hand...

What! You don't want to do a few lines in between sets

Could you imagine seeing someone do that at the gym
    Did you read the first sentence from the warning on the bottom of the page? LMAO....
    excerpt:
    Warnings: Use with discretion, ingestion may resemble recreational drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    He's not aesthetic. Huge...but it doesn't all come together like it should for a Mr. O

Now, Jay, on the other hand...

No doubt, Jay is a legend. My favorite at this time will have to go to Kai Greene. Guy is a beast.

Kai is a beast...but there is more to Mr. O than sheer size. He just doesnt look that well proportioned. I've met Jay before, it's crazy standing next to a dude that jacked. Super nice guy BTW. The kids were terrified of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KwSAyG3nBE
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; Thu Sep 6th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Kai is a beast...but there is more to Mr. O than sheer size. He just doesnt look that well proportioned. I've met Jay before, it's crazy standing next to a dude that jacked. Super nice guy BTW. The kids were terrified of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KwSAyG3nBE
    +1 definitely a nice guy, he used to crash at my parents place when he would compete in Colorado, shaking his hand was funny as hell because it would just engulf mine.

Did you read the first sentence from the warning on the bottom of the page? LMAO....
    excerpt:
    Warnings: Use with discretion, ingestion may resemble recreational drug use.
    Yeah I wonder if they mean effects or just appearance of doing lines in locker room.

I have a weird feeling these guys may be using illegal drugs to get that big

Just so funny everyone knows to get that big you have to be juicing hard, but it is allowed and then they get to endorse products like Protein (as if they got that big with legal stuff they promote).

I respect what they do, but I really think it goes a bit too far and doesn't look all that good. My opinion of course..... and most women's

This is the physique I am working for

http://npcnewsonline.com/wp-content/...ehanas-MPD.jpg
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 6th, 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Recently I have been getting a lot of concern from co-workers on the amount of protein I take in; I take in at least 1 gram per body pound a day (for me minimum 180 grams per day). They were claiming that it is harmful to the kidneys so I figured I would research this. Well come to find out they were incorrect and high protein diets are only bad if you already have a kidney issue. Just thought I would share since this seems to be a myth that many people still believe. And also because I have given advice on here on at least 1gram per body pound and as high as 3 grams per body weight if trying to gain.

Studies have found no evidence of protein toxicity due to high protein intakes on kidney function in healthy people [1]. Diets that regularly exceed the recommendations for protein intake have been found to lead to an increased glomerular filtration rate in the kidneys and also have an effect on the hormone systems in the body [1]. Is well established that these physiological effects are harmful to individuals with renal disease, but research has not found these responses to be detrimental to those who are healthy and demonstrate adequate renal activity [1]. In people with healthy kidney function, the kidneys work continuously to excrete the bi-products of protein metabolism which prevents protein toxicity from occurring. In response to an increased consumption of dietary protein, the kidneys maintain homeostasis within the body by operating at an increased capacity, producing a higher amount of urea and subsequently excreting it from the body.

How much protein you guys taking in? Very curious about 3D since he is into mass production. Grim? Rob? Ralph? Madvlad? Sean?

You guys take in as much as me or more? Discuss....
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Sep 12th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

Recently I have been getting a lot of concern from co-workers on the amount of protein I take in; I take in at least 1 gram per body pound a day (for me minimum 180 grams per day). They were claiming that it is harmful to the kidneys so I figured I would research this. Well come to find out they were incorrect and high protein diets are only bad if you already have a kidney issue. Just thought I would share since this seems to be a myth that many people still believe. And also because I have given advice on here on at least 1gram per body pound and as high as 3 grams per body weight if trying to gain.

Studies have found no evidence of protein toxicity due to high protein intakes on kidney function in healthy people [1]. Diets that regularly exceed the recommendations for protein intake have been found to lead to an increased glomerular filtration rate in the kidneys and also have an effect on the hormone systems in the body [1]. Is well established that these physiological effects are harmful to individuals with renal disease, but research has not found these responses to be detrimental to those who are healthy and demonstrate adequate renal activity [1]. In people with healthy kidney function, the kidneys work continuously to excrete the bi-products of protein metabolism which prevents protein toxicity from occurring. In response to an increased consumption of dietary protein, the kidneys maintain homeostasis within the body by operating at an increased capacity, producing a higher amount of urea and subsequently excreting it from the body.

How much protein you guys taking in? Very curious about 3D since he is into mass production. Grim? Rob? Ralph? Madvlad? Sean?

You guys take in as much as me or more? Discuss....

Currently, I am doing 2 grams per. I've been doing it for about 4 months now and was doing 1.5 grams per before that. Here's a pretty good article on optimal intake based on how you exercise. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/maki1.htm

Some will argue that anything over 1 gram per is too much and the body will not absorb it all, but there is no hard evidence to back it up. It all depends on "your body" and how "you" exercise.

Actually wasn't being that scientific about it, but I just added up and am between 56-80g just in supplements, depending on the day. Add in the milk, eggs, juice, and whatever other meals I eat in a day, and it's probably .75-1g per pound. Also a shit ton of complex carbs, amino acids, etc which all help in sustained workouts and muscle recovery/rebuild. On Sean's advice I usually finish a workout (especially run training) with a bottle of chocolate milk, as it gets carbs back into the muscles rapidly and milk is just good in general. Not sure what protein content is in that exactly.

I haven't been going for outright mass building, more just toning up. That said I did meet my gain goals of 15lbs muscle mass, though it's fallen back off a bit as I just haven't had time to hit the gym every day like I was before. Hoping to get back into that level soon though. I'm at net +10 from where I started last December right now, so based on where +15 left me in May I think I'll shoot for a net +20 (175lb) and see what I think about that. +15 felt the best I ever have in my life.
    Last edited by rforsythe; Wed Sep 12th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

than sincere ignorance

My dieting and supplementing is shit, really. I'm sure I'd be getting much better results if I put some effort into it, but I'm just to lazy. I've thought about going to see a dietitian and getting a meal plan....but again...lazy

Currently, I am doing 2 grams per. I've been doing it for about 4 months now and was doing 1.5 grams per before that. Here's a pretty good article on optimal intake based on how you exercise. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/maki1.htm

Some will argue that anything over 1 gram per is too much and the body will not absorb it all, but there is no hard evidence to back it up. It all depends on "your body" and how "you" exercise.
    Really good article; thanks for posting it Glad it seemed to agree with what I have been doing and preaching.

I was most excited by this "New research has shown now that the body may in fact be able to handle much more protein in a sitting (6). This obviously shows us that individuals of varying bodyweights can take in much more than the 25-30 gram figure the experts have held us to for so long. "

Spending about $100 dollars a month now on protein so always happy to hear that my body is not wasting it. I've experimented with lower doses and always have ended up losing muscle mass because as the article stated if the body does not get enough protein then it will start to draw upon muscle tissue as a source.

Actually wasn't being that scientific about it, but I just added up and am between 56-80g just in supplements, depending on the day. Add in the milk, eggs, juice, and whatever other meals I eat in a day, and it's probably .75-1g per pound. Also a shit ton of complex carbs, amino acids, etc which all help in sustained workouts and muscle recovery/rebuild. On Sean's advice I usually finish a workout (especially run training) with a bottle of chocolate milk, as it gets carbs back into the muscles rapidly and milk is just good in general. Not sure what protein content is in that exactly.

I haven't been going for outright mass building, more just toning up. That said I did meet my gain goals of 15lbs muscle mass, though it's fallen back off a bit as I just haven't had time to hit the gym every day like I was before. Hoping to get back into that level soon though. I'm at net +10 from where I started last December right now, so based on where +15 left me in May I think I'll shoot for a net +20 (175lb) and see what I think about that. +15 felt the best I ever have in my life.
    Sounds like you are doing it right and getting what you need for your goals. And hey adding 15lbs of muscle is no small goal, so big props on accomplishing that man The good part it even if you lose it is is much easier to get it back than to first establish it; muscle memory is awesome!

My dieting and supplementing is shit, really. I'm sure I'd be getting much better results if I put some effort into it, but I'm just to lazy. I've thought about going to see a dietitian and getting a meal plan....but again...lazy
    Come on Rob, you know better than me that diet is 70% of this all. I feel you though as it does become a hassle to watch it so much and take everything each day; not to mention expensive as hell. I take a lot of vitamins and sometimes I feel like it gets to be so difficult to remember to get them all in one day since I do them throughout the day for better absorbtion. I've always wanted to get a dietition too, but never done it. I've seen what thye have done for others and it really works.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Sep 13th, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

I've lost pretty much all of the muscle I gained. It's crazy how fast it goes away. Now that I signed up for a tri on 10/6, I've been running (when in town), mountain biking and swimming. I find it more enjoyable then lifting, it just takes so much longer (for me).

I thought you were Mr. Marathon now?