Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16566364656667686976 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,584 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

We picked up some Gold Standard from Vitamin cottage. A lot less ingredients then the Dynamatize. And ingredients I actually know (at least for the most part). Just don't drink that shit with water...it's nasty! I'll try it with milk tomorrow, hopefully it'll taste better.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Definitely with milk! Tastes pretty decent actually. If you have one of those shaker/blender cups it mixes well.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Bowflex, punching bag, free weights, and music all in the basement.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Definitely with milk! Tastes pretty decent actually. If you have one of those shaker/blender cups it mixes well.
    Milk, ice, and blended!

I drink three at the least daily. Even of that crazy Dymatize that is so un-natural according to Sean's wife (aka his boss)
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Bowflex, punching bag, free weights, and music all in the basement.

That is all.
    Says a real man of his word

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    We picked up some Gold Standard from Vitamin cottage. A lot less ingredients then the Dynamatize. And ingredients I actually know (at least for the most part). Just don't drink that shit with water...it's nasty! I'll try it with milk tomorrow, hopefully it'll taste better.

You don't drink that shit for the taste! Double chocolate with some coffee and milk in the morning FTW.

I'll buy the homogenized egg whites in the carton and mix that in there too from time to time. Albumin, whey, milk protein blend. The best of all three worlds

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Says a real man of his word

I know I owe you a PM gimme a few here.

Does anybody know of a more natural protein powder. I was going to order another tub of the Dynamatize Elite, butt the wife asked if I could research more natural alternatives. So instead of just ignoring her (like I usually do), I figured I'd ask here. She's all into "Real Foods" type shit.
    Ok Sean, I have read the label on the Dymatize Elite Isolate and I think you and your wife are mistaking the ingredients of amino acids.

First let’s look at the definition on a amino acid:

Amino acids (/əˈmiːnoʊ/, /əˈmaɪnoʊ/, or /ˈæmɪnoʊ/) are biologically important organic compounds made from amine (-NH2) and carboxylic acid (-COOH) functional groups, along with a side-chain specific to each amino acid. The key elements of an amino acid are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. About 500 amino acids are known[1] which can be classified in many ways. Structurally they can be classified according to the functional groups' locations as alpha- (α-), beta- (β-), gamma- (γ-) or delta- (δ-) amino acids; other categories relate to polarity, acid/base/neutral, and side chain group type (including: aliphatic, acyclic, hydroxyl or sulphur-containing, aromatic). In the form of proteins, amino acids comprise the second largest component other than water of human muscles, cells and other tissues.[2] Outside proteins, amino acids also perform critical biological roles including neurotransmitters, transport, and in synthesis.

Dymatize Elite Isolate label http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html

In reality protein is amino acids, so basically any protein you take are going to have these ingredients in it. As the definition states amino acids are the second largest components in muscles, so they are in fact natural (as natural as a multi-vitamin). Dymatize is just very proud how much they offer in their protein so they list them out in quanity in the labels, so maybe that is what your wife is not undertsanding.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Nov 8th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks for the info, Nate! I'll have to look into that a little bit more and show her. I really liked the Dymatize Elite. I was looking forward to trying the vanilla flavor. This new one gives me some nasty gas!

Thanks for the info, Nate! I'll have to look into that a little bit more and show her. I really liked the Dymatize Elite. I was looking forward to trying the vanilla flavor. This new one gives me some nasty gas!
    It is because Dymatize is known to be one of the easiest to digest; hence why I use it being lactose intolerant. Really any "isolate" is going to be easier to digest over 100% Whey.

"The difference between the whey protein forms is the process used to filter the proteins. Whey isolates yield a higher percentage of pure protein and can be filtered enough to be virtually lactose free, carbohydrate free, fat free, and cholesterol free."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey_protein_isolate

I am using the vanilla now and it is so yummy. I mainly use that to mix frozen fruit, but even alone it is good. Their banana flavor is also really good and recommend it.

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure it's whey isolate. Def not as smooth as Dymatize though. It drinks a bit thicker and doesn't mix nearly as easily.

I mainly use that to mix frozen fruit, but even alone it is good.
    This is why I want to go to Vanilla. I like mixing in frozen berries.

With weights, I think I'm going to try something a little different this winter. Usually I isolate 2 different muscle groups per workout. I've started doing more of a mixed workout where I do 3-4 muscles with less different exercises. Since I'm not going for bulk, I thought I'd give it a try. Have you guys done much of that? Or just stuck to certain groups on certain days? I'm still trying to do weights combined with stability/core stuff too.

Buncha little dandy's. Blender bottle, shake that shit up, and slam. Who cares what it tastes like.

I'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure it's whey isolate. Def not as smooth as Dymatize though. It drinks a bit thicker and doesn't mix nearly as easily.

This is why I want to go to Vanilla. I like mixing in frozen berries.

With weights, I think I'm going to try something a little different this winter. Usually I isolate 2 different muscle groups per workout. I've started doing more of a mixed workout where I do 3-4 muscles with less different exercises. Since I'm not going for bulk, I thought I'd give it a try. Have you guys done much of that? Or just stuck to certain groups on certain days? I'm still trying to do weights combined with stability/core stuff too.
    Yeah I think Gold Standard is a isolate too; although I am unclear why it has lactose then. I know I tried it and still upset my stomach, plus liked the taste of Dymatize better and was a little cheaper.

EDIT: Gold Standard is not a pure Isolate and aslo has whey concentrate which is why lactose still in it. Their Hydrowhey is the more expensive one that does not have lactose.but at $57.99 for 3 pounds I will pass. I get 5 lbs of Dymatize for $45 shipped

Personally I stick with one muscle group a day, but that is me. I like to isolate that group and tear them up for a hour and then it gives them another week to recover. Plus so many muscles to work in one group anyways. Chest, there is flies, decline, incline, and straight. Arms everything from triceps, biceps to forarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Buncha little dandy's. Blender bottle, shake that shit up, and slam. Who cares what it tastes like.
    I agree, but since I drink at least three a day I try to make them enjoyable. Now other stuff like pre-workouts I could care less how they taste as I take just a small shot of them. Although, why not get a protein loaded with BCAA's that is easier to digest and better quality. Taking in this much protein can have a lot of cholesterol, so may as well get a quality protein that minimizes this. just like calories, not all protein is equal!
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Nov 8th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Holy crap you're manly!

Holy crap you're manly!

Damn straight!

Relax, Suzy. I'm givin you shit. I drink 3 a day too. Taking the time to make them fancy, to me, is pointless and takes too much time. If you want a tasty treat, go to Dairy Queen.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Damn straight!

Relax, Suzy. I'm givin you shit. I drink 3 a day too. Taking the time to make them fancy, to me, is pointless and takes too much time. If you want a tasty treat, go to Dairy Queen.
    This thread has become riDQlous.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

How did you know that Suzy is my cross-dressing stage name?

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    This thread has become riDQlous.
    Whatta you talkin bout Ralph, it's a veritable blizzard of information!

You guys need to chill out with the puns.

Damn straight!

Although adding frozen fruit is more about getting the natural sugars for recovery than making it fancy.

I make two of these "on-the-clock" so the longer it takes the better And yes, I even have a portable blender cup here at work; blend and drink it from same container.

Fuark, now I want a peanut buster parfait

Although adding frozen fruit is more about getting the natural sugars for recovery than making it fancy.

I make two of these "on-the-clock" so the longer it takes the better And yes, I even have a portable blender cup here at work; blend and drink it from same container.
    I use a spoonful of rice syrup to get my sugars.

Damn straight!

I'm with you.... I do 3 a day as well and I only use water in mine. It gets pretty expensive using milk 3 times a day on shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I'm with you.... I do 3 a day as well and I only use water in mine. It gets pretty expensive using milk 3 times a day on shakes.
    When you have no kids you can afford to indulge yourself in buying milk...big balling with my $3.00 for two gallons at Costco Honestly I use about one inch of milk then the rest water.

I use a spoonful of rice syrup to get my sugars.
    Now that is getting fancy!
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Nov 8th, 2012 at 02:36 PM.