Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077 ... LastLast
Results 1,585 to 1,608 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

I usually suck (no homo) on peppermints or some other hard candy while working out. That's how I get my sugars.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Now that is getting fancy!
    It's all about the glycogen!

Ok, a new spin on the thread: Workout Headphones!

Main issues are them staying in ears and not dying from sweat damage.

Buddy told me about Monster's new waterproof headphones that claim can be washed in washing machine. Their new patented fit is suppose to keep them in the best of any workout headphones.

Well they were usually $170msrp, and could be found a few places for maybe $100. But yesterday I found that Monster has a manufacterer page on Ebay and they have refurbished models for $60 shipped; orderd a pair. I've used refurbished before and as long as they are from the company they have always been like new. Anyways check these out as they seem like great workout earbuds. I am so tired of mine falling out during workouts....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-iSpo...E:L:OC:US:3160
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Nice switch, Nate.

I've always had issues with ear buds. None of them ever really fit right...till I got Yurbuds. Great for running, lifting, cycling, etc. Love them! They stay in place really well. And I think I only payed $25-30 at Target for them. I've had them for about a year now and show no signs of wear or breaking.

https://www.yurbuds.com/

I don't listen to headphones in the gym. I don't like having anything in my ears. It's kinda inconvenient for me because I'm always either adjusting them or taking them out to listen to someone talk. I just listen to whatever easy listening station the 24hr has playing in the background and quietly singing it to myself when I do my sets.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Nice switch, Nate.

I've always had issues with ear buds. None of them ever really fit right...till I got Yurbuds. Great for running, lifting, cycling, etc. Love them! They stay in place really well. And I think I only payed $25-30 at Target for them. I've had them for about a year now and show no signs of wear or breaking.

https://www.yurbuds.com/
    Those look cool too! I just never realized how much I re-adjust my earbuds everyday until I paid attention to it. Plus nice to not worry about my sweat shorting them out. I'll put a update when I get them in and give them a shot.

I never readjust anymore. They stay in place great for me. Not sure if they'll work as good for everyone, but I like them. I think I have the Inspire. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get the Inspire Cloth or the Inspire Pro. But all and all I'm pretty happy. Only down side is that I think they are too big to wear under a helmet if your riding.

Nate- did you ever try the headphones? And also, did hey ever truly pull Nerocore?

I've been trying to work out a schedule where I work a lot of muscle groups each day, and I'm getting close to solidifying a plan. I figure I'll try it for 1-2 months and see how it goes. I'm still trying to work on finding exercises that really incorporate balance/core stuff. And especially with the holidays coming up, trying to keep cardio a daily thing...even if it's short.

Anybody else out there staying on top of this shit for the silly season?

Nate- did you ever try the headphones? And also, did hey ever truly pull Nerocore?

I've been trying to work out a schedule where I work a lot of muscle groups each day, and I'm getting close to solidifying a plan. I figure I'll try it for 1-2 months and see how it goes. I'm still trying to work on finding exercises that really incorporate balance/core stuff. And especially with the holidays coming up, trying to keep cardio a daily thing...even if it's short.

Yeah I got them in and have been using them for the last week. First time ever I have got through a workout and not have a earbud fallout of my ear (my workouts are pretty intense). They are a bit tricky to set up since they come with about 5 different types of ear setups and a bit tricky to learn how to easily get them in your ear. After that though they are awesome with great sound and comfortable. They are noise cancelling so a bit hard to hear even when music is paused, but they do have a pause and volume control on the cord. Packaging claims I can throw them in the washing machine, but to chicken to try that (plus never get them THAT dirty lol)

I don’t think Neurocore ever got pulled off the shelves, but they did change the formula to not include the geranium stem. Their two other competitors, Jack3D and 1MR, also changed their formulas to not include the geranium stem either. I have not tried any of the new formulas as I still have to stock I ordered when I first heard it was trying to be banned. I did recently try a new pre-workout called “The Curse” and seems to be pretty good too; very similar to C4.

Of course I have been staying on top of working out during this season. Hell, I even went to the gym Thanksgiving day before the family dinner!!!

I finally got a full 5 days in last week. Trying to keep the momentum going. Getting up at 6:15AM fucking sucks
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    Getting up at 4:30AM fucking sucks
    I fixed it for you...
    “The knack of flying is in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

Speedin' Motorsports
    Sol Performance - Pirelli

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I fixed it for you...
    Yeah, but are you waking up at 4:30 to exercise? I took it as Sleev saying it sucks to wake up at 6:15 and workout

Which by the way, experts claim is the best time; early in the morning!

Yeah it was for exercise! The gym sucks in the afternoon so I get up early in the morning to go.
    “The knack of flying is in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

Speedin' Motorsports

Yeah it was for exercise! The gym sucks in the afternoon so I get up early in the morning to go.
    Damn, that is impressive then

I go from 5-6:30pm; worst time ever! I've learned to live with it and just made buddies with the regulars there at that time. I will admit it sucks though and so croweded. Worst is New Years is coming up and gym is always packed for a few months after that. and for some reason Monday's are the most packed too; and going in a few hours

I try to be out of the house by 6:30am...but someday's it's a little later! For me, working out in the morning is both good and bad. No one in the gym, so all of the weights/machines are open. But on the downside, little to no energy to feed off of. The afternoon is a better vibe. Last winter Angela and I would wake up at 5:15 to do the Insanity workouts. Blah! I hated that.

Yeah I got them in and have been using them for the last week. First time ever I have got through a workout and not have a earbud fallout of my ear (my workouts are pretty intense). They are a bit tricky to set up since they come with about 5 different types of ear setups and a bit tricky to learn how to easily get them in your ear. After that though they are awesome with great sound and comfortable. They are noise cancelling so a bit hard to hear even when music is paused, but they do have a pause and volume control on the cord. Packaging claims I can throw them in the washing machine, but to chicken to try that (plus never get them THAT dirty lol)

I don’t think Neurocore ever got pulled off the shelves, but they did change the formula to not include the geranium stem. Their two other competitors, Jack3D and 1MR, also changed their formulas to not include the geranium stem either. I have not tried any of the new formulas as I still have to stock I ordered when I first heard it was trying to be banned. I did recently try a new pre-workout called “The Curse” and seems to be pretty good too; very similar to C4.
    I figured you've been working out! Glad you like the headphones. Yours sound a little nicer then mine. The only thing I don't like about them, is if the volume was left up (from hooking up to the car), then it seriously blasts your ears.

What made you try a new pre-workout? Just so your body doesn't get used to Nerocore?

Worst is New Years is coming up and gym is always packed for a few months after that. and for some reason Monday's are the most packed too; and going in a few hours

I'm really not looking forward to this at all. I'm hoping the morning sessions stay the same and don't get crowded. But I've been doing cycling classes in the morning and it has a limited number of people that can go, just have to get to the list quickly before it fills up.

Speedin' Motorsports

I try to be out of the house by 6:30am...but someday's it's a little later! For me, working out in the morning is both good and bad. No one in the gym, so all of the weights/machines are open. But on the downside, little to no energy to feed off of. The afternoon is a better vibe. Last winter Angela and I would wake up at 5:15 to do the Insanity workouts. Blah! I hated that.

I figured you've been working out! Glad you like the headphones. Yours sound a little nicer then mine. The only thing I don't like about them, is if the volume was left up (from hooking up to the car), then it seriously blasts your ears.

What made you try a new pre-workout? Just so your body doesn't get used to Nerocore?

Yeah I really do like them and recommend them as one of the best workout earbuds. Man they better be better as I paid $60 for them refurbished (MSRP is $160). Yeah the volume control on this even answers phone calls if you have a Iphone. Also nice to not have to worry about shorting them out with sweat or even washing my face.

I try new pre-workouts because my body gets use to them after a while. Since I like the ones with the geranium stem I’ll use one of those for a month (usually Neurocore), then switch to something that doesn’t use the geranium stem like (C4 or The Curse), which base it off of Nitric. I also get them because I fall for hype of customer reviews. I see all these great reviews on how great the product is and buy it to try it out; which normally ends in disappointment. I am learning that major supplement companies pay people to leave good reviews. Then I try to go back to good old coffee as a pre-workout for a while to take a break from the pre-workout products. All in all they all have caffeine so has ruined my tolerance for caffeine. I need to stop it all for a while, but I love that energy they give me to get going.

I'm really not looking forward to this at all. I'm hoping the morning sessions stay the same and don't get crowded. But I've been doing cycling classes in the morning and it has a limited number of people that can go, just have to get to the list quickly before it fills up.
    Yeah me either. For at least 2 months after New Years it is horrible and so crowded I have a hard time even finding a parking space. Mornings should be as bad as most people that are new (who usually starts for New Year resolutions) are already too lazy to get up that early. It’s the 5pm time that gets hit the hardest. Plus the “newer” people have no gym etiquette and think it is ok to sit and text while on a machine for 15 minutes as they rest.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

Nate your really drinking 3 protein shakes a day?

If so, your not getting enough from macro's man. You really need to eat more actual food. I know protein shakes are easy, but more then 2 day (hell 2 a day for a 2-3 days a week is too many) I feel that if you were to eat more actual food you would grow more mass. It sounds strange but believe it or not, the more actual food you eat the better you grow. It has to deal with the way your body actually processes food. more chicken, turkey, lean roast beef, bison etc... It sucks man, eating food all the time its expensive and you feel full all the time. but actually eating it makes a difference in mood and energy. instead of drinking it.

Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    Nate your really drinking 3 protein shakes a day?

If so, your not getting enough from macro's man. You really need to eat more actual food. I know protein shakes are easy, but more then 2 day (hell 2 a day for a 2-3 days a week is too many) I feel that if you were to eat more actual food you would grow more mass. It sounds strange but believe it or not, the more actual food you eat the better you grow. It has to deal with the way your body actually processes food. more chicken, turkey, lean roast beef, bison etc... It sucks man, eating food all the time its expensive and you feel full all the time. but actually eating it makes a difference in mood and energy. instead of drinking it.

Tyrel
    Yeah three at the least every day for a long time. I agree I would get better results from getting all my calories from food, but I did that for a while and all I did was eat all day long to get the protein and calories I needed (very difficult when it has to be “clean” food and stuck in office for 8 hours a day). It was so time consuming and expensive; and honestly I was sick of food and eating; got to point where I was gagging to get that last bit of food in. Now don’t get me wrong I still eat three meals on top of those shakes daily! Now not sure what is up, because if I up my calories I do get bigger, but so does my gut. So basically I live a fine line where I can gain, but not walk around with a huge stomach. I go in stages where I eat tons of regular food (and shakes) and gain muscle and size, but the fat comes along with it. You have to remember I am 34, so my body is not burning fat as fast as it once did when I was younger (probably from lower testosterone since most men stop producing it at 30). So I get bigger then lean it out and keep some of the muscle and lose that fat. I don’t want to be big and not lean, so it is always a tradeoff. If I went purely for size and didn’t care about my stomach I could get way bigger. To me I look at that as not what I want; find it dumb to be muscular with a big gut.

The majority of men that are regulars at my gym that are around my age or older seems to have the same issue. We have to limit our cardio to short times and low intensity in fear of losing muscle, but still have to do a little to keep the gut in check from all the calories we need to keep the muscle. Which to me is kind of weird because your body should burn fat over muscle first, but seems when you are older it does not happen that way. I will lose muscle along with the fat if I do too much cardio or drop my protein intake. The more I research this it seems to be the drop in testosterone from age increase. Or maybe I am not eating clean enough, can never figure that out.

Any advice is appreciated man as I know you are or were a Personal Trainer TJolt

Wait til you're 54 Nate! I have an appt with Dr. Ben Over next month.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

@ bulldog:

Your words hit close to home. I always describe myself as being 'skinny-fat'. Constantly trying to keep the gut down, by maintaining cardio and eating right (which is nearly impossible).... all while trying to gain weight/muscle without losing definition.

I have a hard time forcing myself to eat, let alone eating at all when work gets crazy. I seem to go on either extreme (eating enough food, but not the best foods- or eating really well, but not eating enough) then overcompensating to make up for it. At the end of the day, I seem to be maintaining-- rather than reaching any goals.

Don't even get me started on da beerz
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Hey Nate maybe you can answer me this question. I was drinking whey protein once maybe twice every other day which is when I do MMA training and after a week I started getting very nauseous after takimg the protein even with plenty of water intake through the day. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Wait til you're 54 Nate! I have an appt with Dr. Ben Over next month.

For sure! I know I am still young, but the majority of the lifters at my gym are guys in their twenties who haven’t figured out their youth has a lot to do with the gains and repair. So I am competing with these guys who I have ten years over and not as easy as when I was that young guy in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    @ bulldog:
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post

Your words hit close to home. I always describe myself as being 'skinny-fat'. Constantly trying to keep the gut down, by maintaining cardio and eating right (which is nearly impossible).... all while trying to gain weight/muscle without losing definition.

I have a hard time forcing myself to eat, let alone eating at all when work gets crazy. I seem to go on either extreme (eating enough food, but not the best foods- or eating really well, but not eating enough) then overcompensating to make up for it. At the end of the day, I seem to be maintaining-- rather than reaching any goals.

Don't even get me started on da beerz
    I feel you man as this has been my struggle for a long time. If I get really lean with a nice six pack all I hear is “wow you have lost a lot of muscle that you had”. Then when I am bigger I get “wow you are huge man, but you got to work on that stomach popping out”. So then I just go through this never ending cycle. Then same with the diet; eat huge, get huge gut, lower calories, lose muscle

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Hey Nate maybe you can answer me this question. I was drinking whey protein once maybe twice every other day which is when I do MMA training and after a week I started getting very nauseous after takimg the protein even with plenty of water intake through the day. Why is that?
    Is it just nausea and not the shits too? Happen with any other milk products (whey is made from milk products). I ask this because when I turned about 25 I became lactose intolerant and took me months to figure out what was wrong since I never knew suddenly one day that can happen to you; especially in my mid twenties, but guess that is common.

If that is not the case what brand are you using? Usually the high priced proteins are easier to digest so may just be you need to find the one that agrees with your stomach. I still recommend Dymatize Elite Isolate (make sure it is the Isolate which digests easier). I have a very sensitive stomach and this has been the one protein that has worked for me.

[QUOTE=bulldog;708860]

Yeah I really do like them and recommend them as one of the best workout earbuds. Man they better be better as I paid $60 for them refurbished (MSRP is $160). Yeah the volume control on this even answers phone calls if you have a Iphone. Also nice to not have to worry about shorting them out with sweat or even washing my face.

I try new pre-workouts because my body gets use to them after a while. Since I like the ones with the geranium stem I’ll use one of those for a month (usually Neurocore), then switch to something that doesn’t use the geranium stem like (C4 or The Curse), which base it off of Nitric. I also get them because I fall for hype of customer reviews. I see all these great reviews on how great the product is and buy it to try it out; which normally ends in disappointment. I am learning that major supplement companies pay people to leave good reviews. Then I try to go back to good old coffee as a pre-workout for a while to take a break from the pre-workout products. All in all they all have caffeine so has ruined my tolerance for caffeine. I need to stop it all for a while, but I love that energy they give me to get going.
    Glad you like them! We must have different sets, cause mine was only $20. Then again, I don't have volume control and they're not cloth.

Also, good to know about untrue reviews.

Any advice is appreciated man as I know you are or were a Personal Trainer TJolt
    Why haven't you ever gone for your personal trainer cert? You don't necessarily need to train, might just be another way to gain information?