Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 185865666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,609 to 1,632 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Glad you like them! We must have different sets, cause mine was only $20. Then again, I don't have volume control and they're not cloth.

Also, good to know about untrue reviews.

Why haven't you ever gone for your personal trainer cert? You don't necessarily need to train, might just be another way to gain information?
    Yeah, well mine were those Monster Cable brand I am talking about and not the Yurbuds you have; different brans and headphones all together. Even $60 was hard for me to pay, but since I use them everyday figured I would splurge a bit this time.

I've thought about getting my personal trainer certificate, but being one is like a car salesman. Some make great money and others don't. Most places it is based off of commission and I have always been one of those people who feel more comfortable with a steady paycheck. I am sure I would at least go to work loving it, but I guess in the end I make a lot more money doing the job I hate instead. Sounds kind of dumb when I write it like that, but enjoying a job doesn't always pay the bills.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I was actually just suggesting it for personal enrichment, not necessarily a career change. That's all.

I was actually just suggesting it for personal enrichment, not necessarily a career change. That's all.
    Oh ok

Unfortunetly costs quite a bit for the certificate; between $220-$600 depending on level you want to get. Plus tests to pass and study for.
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/forprof...ltrainer_2.htm

Just nausea, no #2 ... I drink milk and dairy products normally almost daily without side effects so doubt its a lactose intolerance deal. I use Six star pro nutrition whey protein.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Just nausea, no #2 ... I drink milk and dairy products normally almost daily without side effects so doubt its a lactose intolerance deal. I use Six star pro nutrition whey protein.
    Yeah would try a higher quality protein. Six Star is actually a very low budget protein (mainly sold at Wal-Mart) that I believe is made by Muscletech as their low end brand. Usually it is ok for most people, but if it is upsetting your stomach then you should spend some more to get a better protein. Again Dymatize Elite Isolate!!!!! (About $45 for 5 pounds on ebay).

Is this it Nate? I want to try someting new too (been using Monster Milk).

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3557101
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Is this it Nate? I want to try someting new too (been using Monster Milk).

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3557101
    No, that is not the right one. That is their "Gourmet" version which still has lactose in it and not the digestive enzymes added. If you are not lactose intolerant it may work well for you though; although I have heard it does not mix and taste as good as the isolate. Packaging is very similar though so it gets mistaken for that one a lot.

Damn, GNC is expensive!!!!

I actually use to use Monster Milk (one of few that doesn't use lactose) and like the taste and carbs better with this one. I always thought Monster Milk was a bit too sweet and Dymatize Elite Iso actually has less carbs than the light version of Muscle Milk.

This is it
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elite.html

Last edited by bulldog; Tue Nov 27th, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

Interesting...

What are your thoughts on Isopure?

_________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    Interesting...

What are your thoughts on Isopure?

That is actually another one I can take as it has no lactose. Honestly though I have never tried it because of the high price tag. I keep meaning to try it, but this stuff doesn't seem to go on sale often and I am thrifty. Always heard it was a great protein though.

You use it? How is the taste? You recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Yeah would try a higher quality protein. Six Star is actually a very low budget protein (mainly sold at Wal-Mart) that I believe is made by Muscletech as their low end brand. Usually it is ok for most people, but if it is upsetting your stomach then you should spend some more to get a better protein. Again Dymatize Elite Isolate!!!!! (About $45 for 5 pounds on ebay).
    Cool man, going to give this one a try, thanks!

Cool man, going to give this one a try, thanks!
    Glad I could help man Let me know how that goes. If that upsets your stomach there are lots of other proteins types to try; hell they even have one made of meat now (not sure you eat meat, just sayin)

Angry Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Glad I could help man Let me know how that goes. If that upsets your stomach there are lots of other proteins types to try; hell they even have one made of meat now (not sure you eat meat, just sayin)
    Word, yea I eat a lot of meat (no homo), chicken and fish. Hopefully the carb count isnt high on this one reason why I bought the six star which is only like 4g per scoop. Gotta have something that also doesn't interfere with my diabetes

While I know this will drive Nate crazy, I've been kind of thinking about different types of exercise to do (instead of weights). Kind of want to check out the TRX/suspension training. It might be a little gimmicky, but I really like core based exercise. Plus, I can do it at home, it doesn't take up much room and I can save on gym dues. I thought about it awhile back, but never did anything about it. Maybe this winter?

Word, yea I eat a lot of meat (no homo), chicken and fish. Hopefully the carb count isnt high on this one reason why I bought the six star which is only like 4g per scoop. Gotta have something that also doesn't interfere with my diabetes
    Only 2 grams of carbs per serving! One of the reasons I like this protein!

That link I posted to bodybuilding.com has the nutrition label shows in case you need to check it out.

While I know this will drive Nate crazy, I've been kind of thinking about different types of exercise to do (instead of weights). Kind of want to check out the TRX/suspension training. It might be a little gimmicky, but I really like core based exercise. Plus, I can do it at home, it doesn't take up much room and I can save on gym dues. I thought about it awhile back, but never did anything about it. Maybe this winter?
    lol...no I only gave you shit when you were trying to add muscle since it is hard to do a lot of cardio and add muscle mass. I am all for doing what people like; that is the key to sticking with exercising

Haven't heard about TRX/suspension so will have to look into that to see what it is about.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Nov 28th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.

Thought this might be appropriate for this thread. Man, some of those look like they hurt! Use good form my friends.

http://www.viddler.com/v/821ba9cd

Thought this might be appropriate for this thread. Man, some of those look like they hurt! Use good form my friends.

http://www.viddler.com/v/821ba9cd
    Funny video

I really need to start filming people at my gym as stuff like this happens all the time.

That is actually another one I can take as it has no lactose. Honestly though I have never tried it because of the high price tag. I keep meaning to try it, but this stuff doesn't seem to go on sale often and I am thrifty. Always heard it was a great protein though.

You use it? How is the taste? You recommend it?
    Yeah, I use Isopure—I have for some time now. I like to think that I’ve tried a fair amount of different offerings, to make a some-what educated decision (in favor of Isopure). That being said, that was years ago. Prime example being, I’d never heard of Dymazite- ha ha. Maybe I should give it a try, because like you said…Isopure is quite pricey.

Dymazite ($9 per lb.): http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymatize-elite_whey_protein_instantized.htm

Isopure ($11.87 per lb.): http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/natures_best-isopure.htm

I’ve tried the chocolate and have currently been using the cookies n cream. I’m usually not one for anything other than chocolate varieties, but I did take to this other flavor. I was tired of proteins leaving a bad aftertaste, not mixing well, being full of fat/cholesterol, and making me feel bloated…or dare I say “unpure” for lack of a better word

After seeing the ads for Isopure dissolving in water, I went for it. There does seem to be a small amount of white particles that don’t dissolve (if you don’t drink it quickly enough). Haven’t looked into it yet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123587931&page=1
    Other than that, I mix it with water and a touch of juice and/or blend with banana/milk. The tub seems to last me awhile, as I only use 2 scoops a day.

As far as recommending it, I’d say it’s worth a try. I’m sure you could better assess its qualities, far better than I could. So for that I’d be interested in your opinion.
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

Funny Fat Guy Bench Press With Belly !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVb9rGPI9o

Hell even better! Thanks for the 411 mayne!

Quote Originally Posted by kingtut View Post
    Yeah, I use Isopure—I have for some time now. I like to think that I’ve tried a fair amount of different offerings, to make a some-what educated decision (in favor of Isopure). That being said, that was years ago. Prime example being, I’d never heard of Dymazite- ha ha. Maybe I should give it a try, because like you said…Isopure is quite pricey.

Dymazite ($9 per lb.): http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/dymatize-elite_whey_protein_instantized.htm

Isopure ($11.87 per lb.): http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/natures_best-isopure.htm

I’ve tried the chocolate and have currently been using the cookies n cream. I’m usually not one for anything other than chocolate varieties, but I did take to this other flavor. I was tired of proteins leaving a bad aftertaste, not mixing well, being full of fat/cholesterol, and making me feel bloated…or dare I say “unpure” for lack of a better word

After seeing the ads for Isopure dissolving in water, I went for it. There does seem to be a small amount of white particles that don’t dissolve (if you don’t drink it quickly enough). Haven’t looked into it yet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123587931&page=1
    Other than that, I mix it with water and a touch of juice and/or blend with banana/milk. The tub seems to last me awhile, as I only use 2 scoops a day.

As far as recommending it, I’d say it’s worth a try. I’m sure you could better assess its qualities, far better than I could. So for that I’d be interested in your opinion.
    Thanks man, I'll have to check it out for sure.

P.S. Really I am no expert (not a PT), just someone who lives this everyday and has tried a lot of products and done a lot of research.

Hell even better! Thanks for the 411 mayne!
    Anytime man. I'm also always down to meet up to lift too since it sounds like we live in the same area and work so close.

me and my buddy were talking about how Bodybuilding has evolved over the years; mainly due to better drugs. So we got into comparing Arnold to Phil Heath and were pretty amazed by the difference in legs that pro bodybuilders have now. I think legs are getting too big and seems like current competitions are going back to the "Arnold" physique.

Arms are pretty similar:

But damn look at difference of legs!:

Muscle and Fitness and Men's Fitness only $4.99 for a year today http://www.discountmags.com/promos/thankyou?a=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium= email&utm_campaign=customer-appreciation&utm_term=483,834

I have ordered from this place and magazines always came
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Dec 5th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Arnold would win over heath though In bodybuilding competitions its not always about being the "bigger" guy you also have to be dehydrated or "shredded" as they call it so that you can see the full tone of every muscle in the leg Arnolds legs look much much better than heath's. Heath still has quite a bit of water retention so he didn't dehydrate for very long before his contest.

Makes you think if anyone really understands just how dangerous competing is and the shit they put themselves through, many people have died backstage for numerous reasons. Truly is a very tough challenge!

Men's Fitness, not Men's Health Unfortunately there is a big difference.