Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 195966676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,656 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Men's Fitness, not Men's Health Unfortunately there is a big difference.
    Oops, sorry I'll fix the post.

Although "Real Men" get Muscle and Fitness anyways
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Although "Real Men" get Muscle and Fitness anyways
    You and I may not agree on which qualities validate a "real man."

You and I may not agree on which qualities validate a "real man."
    True

Although Arnold should always be considered as a Real Man, so we must resemble him

So, are you suggesting that Alistair Brownlee is not a real man?

Is that a male??? Serious!

Is that a male??? Serious!
    Yes, he is. He's one of the best triathlete's out there. He's won the ITU championship twice. Almost every race he's competed in over the past few years, he's won. And he would have won it this year if he hadn't only done only a few races, focusing his training heavily on the Olympics...which he won. In the Olympics, he completed the 10k run (6.2 miles) in 29min. And he's only 24.

More like a legend

Yes, he is. He's one of the best triathlete's out there. He's won the ITU championship twice. Almost every race he's competed in over the past few years, he's won. And he would have won it this year if he hadn't only done only a few races, focusing his training heavily on the Olympics...which he won. In the Olympics, he completed the 10k run (6.2 miles) in 29min. And he's only 24.
    I am sure I could run a lot too if I was about 100 pounds like him (my sister has more musclular arms than him) . Notice all long distance runners are like that....it's not a coincedence. I am sure he is a great runner (and I respect that), but to me his body looks like a girl's or a teenage boy's. To each their own of course

So real men are good at running you are saying

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    Arnold would win over heath though In bodybuilding competitions its not always about being the "bigger" guy you also have to be dehydrated or "shredded" as they call it so that you can see the full tone of every muscle in the leg Arnolds legs look much much better than heath's. Heath still has quite a bit of water retention so he didn't dehydrate for very long before his contest.

Makes you think if anyone really understands just how dangerous competing is and the shit they put themselves through, many people have died backstage for numerous reasons. Truly is a very tough challenge!
    Yeah it is amazing what these guys put themselves through. I have a few buddies that do shows locally and even what they do is crazy. I swear my buddy must shed 50 pounds in the week before his comps. Pro's are even crazier!

I am sure I could run a lot too if I was about 100 pounds like him (my sister has more musclular arms than him) . Notice all long distance runners are like that....it's not a coincedence. I am sure he is a great runner (and I respect that), but to me his body looks like a girl's or a teenage boy's. To each their own of course

So real men are good at running you are saying
    Granted, I picked the least masculine example I could find, just to get under your skin a little. I'm simply suggesting that being a "real man" (whatever that is) comes in many forms. Only one of those forms is building unnecessary muscle that you'll never use outside of a gym. I guess in regards to fitness, I think it's the ability to push the human body beyond what we think the conventional boundaries are, in a specific genre of our own interest.

Alistair has obviously done that. Dude did a 4:41 min/mile pace after already having swam 1500 meters and ride 25 miles as fast as he could. Faster then everyone else in the world. Try putting the treadmill on 12.7 mph and see how long you last!

Granted, I picked the least masculine example I could find, just to get under your skin a little. I'm simply suggesting that being a "real man" (whatever that is) comes in many forms. Only one of those forms is building unnecessary muscle that you'll never use outside of a gym. I guess in regards to fitness, I think it's the ability to push the human body beyond what we think the conventional boundaries are, in a specific genre of our own interest.

Alistair has obviously done that. Dude did a 4:41 min/mile pace after already having swam 1500 meters and ride 25 miles as fast as he could. Faster then everyone else in the world. Try putting the treadmill on 12.7 mph and see how long you last!
    That is cool if that is your body type goal....go for it. As you know that is not mine and I lived most my life skinny and was teased for it. It's not fun; especially when girls you like tease you for being skinny. Honestly that physique is not appealing to most woman and you can ask them. This guy is a olympic champion so he gets respect, but most people his size are not athletic.

But you are right and he is a real man since really there is no concrete definition of it. I was only joking around

Well, I'm back at it this week. Had to take a few days off last week due to a pinched nerve in my back. It's amazing how something so little can be so debilitating. But Angela and I did a nice hike/trail run yesterday and a good workout this morning. I've noticed with all of the parties, dinners and social events, I really need to stay on top of the cardio. And it's only going to get worse, right?

I'm still on this six muscle groups per workout, and I kind of like it. Here was today's workout:

- Ran 2 miles @8:35 pace
    - dumbbell bench press alternating with tricep pull-downs with rope. 3x12 or each
    - lat behind the head pull-downs alternating with seated outer grip curls and sit-ups. 3x12
    - dumbbell squats alternating with wood-chopper cable-crossover. 3x12
    - 1 mile run (1/4 pyramid up to 7:35 pace)

I feel like I'm getting a good total body workout each day.

Well, I'm back at it this week. Had to take a few days off last week due to a pinched nerve in my back. It's amazing how something so little can be so debilitating. But Angela and I did a nice hike/trail run yesterday and a good workout this morning. I've noticed with all of the parties, dinners and social events, I really need to stay on top of the cardio. And it's only going to get worse, right?

I'm still on this six muscle groups per workout, and I kind of like it. Here was today's workout:

- Ran 2 miles @8:35 pace
    - dumbbell bench press alternating with tricep pull-downs with rope. 3x12 or each
    - lat behind the head pull-downs alternating with seated outer grip curls and sit-ups. 3x12
    - dumbbell squats alternating with wood-chopper cable-crossover. 3x12
    - 1 mile run (1/4 pyramid up to 7:35 pace)

I feel like I'm getting a good total body workout each day.
    Good job man

Yeah pinched nerves suck! Last one I had somehow made my arm tingle and the pinched nerve was on my back/shoulder.

Good job man

Yeah pinched nerves suck! Last one I had somehow made my arm tingle and the pinched nerve was on my back/shoulder.
    Thanks! Yeah, it's amazing what a back issue can do. One day you feel strong and in-shape, the next minute you can hardly do anything.Reminds us of how fragile we really are.

The other thing I noticed, is once I'm not working out, the diet slips fast too. I don't drink as much water, I crave crappy foods, my eating schedule is off, etc. Is it me, or do you get that too?

Thanks! Yeah, it's amazing what a back issue can do. One day you feel strong and in-shape, the next minute you can hardly do anything.Reminds us of how fragile we really are.

The other thing I noticed, is once I'm not working out, the diet slips fast too. I don't drink as much water, I crave crappy foods, my eating schedule is off, etc. Is it me, or do you get that too?
    I've had that happen more times than I can remember; one day I am fine, next in pain and not sure what I did wrong. Fighting a shoulder issue now like that. Don't ever hurt a rib though as that was one thing that NO workout was not affected.

I actually have the issue of not eating when I don't workout. I am just not hungry and food doesn't sound good at all. Always ends up in me losing muscle mass because I slip of my normal dieting of high protein. Nowadays I only take a break if on vacation though. Every other time it is 5 days a week religiously for me!

For anybody ordering stuff, just want to give Bodybuilding.com some big props. I was shopping for some more Neurocore (I know it's not the same as the old stuff, but I thought I'd give it a try) so I started shopping around. BB.com wasn't the cheapest, but they did/do have a 2 for 1! So I pay $3 more for a container and get a second one for free. Sweet.

Placed my order on Thursday morning. It shipped the same day and is waiting on my doorstep right now. That's pretty f'ing good service if you ask me.

For anybody ordering stuff, just want to give Bodybuilding.com some big props. I was shopping for some more Neurocore (I know it's not the same as the old stuff, but I thought I'd give it a try) so I started shopping around. BB.com wasn't the cheapest, but they did/do have a 2 for 1! So I pay $3 more for a container and get a second one for free. Sweet.

Placed my order on Thursday morning. It shipped the same day and is waiting on my doorstep right now. That's pretty f'ing good service if you ask me.
    Yeah their shipping is amazing and their sales too; I always get my order in two days or less. Plus you get free gifts from them. The more you spend with them the better the free gift they offer you is. Just got some free lifting straps last order. Plus they always throw in a bunch of samples too.

Unfortunately I didn't need enough stuff to qualify for the free gift. I think you have to order $75 or something? Maybe next time. I got a free shirt the last time I ordered, but I think they run a little small. It's a little "form-fitting"

I still use Neurocore even after the changes. The stuff is awesome. I get pretty much all my stuff from BB.com. They have good prices and free goodies, plus the shipping is crazy quick. I usually get my stuff 2 days after it ships. They only time I don't go through them is when I need stuff in a hurry. Then I'll just go to Vitamin Shoppe.

Tried the new Neurocore this morning. I had doubts, so I did a heaping serving instead of a level. Yup, it works good. Had a pretty intense workout and wasn't dragging at all. I feel like the flavor improved a little too.

Tried the new Neurocore this morning. I had doubts, so I did a heaping serving instead of a level. Yup, it works good. Had a pretty intense workout and wasn't dragging at all. I feel like the flavor improved a little too.
    I do 3 scoops per workout. 1 and 2 scoops don't do much for me these days. I agree with you on the flavor. They improved it big time. I used to wince every time I drank it, but now it goes pretty smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I do 3 scoops per workout. 1 and 2 scoops don't do much for me these days. I agree with you on the flavor. They improved it big time. I used to wince every time I drank it, but now it goes pretty smooth.
    Good to know guys, thanks. I still have a few tubs of the old formula so been using that, but since you guys like the new formula I'll give it a shot. Still curios on new formula of Jack3D and 1MR. Anyone tried those yet?

I've been using "The Curse" (really it's name) and then Nano Vapor when not using Neurocore

3D, I know you share the same goal of adding muscle mass. Last few months I have been able to add about 20 pounds; and alot of that solid muscle. Biggest and best shape I have ever been in, but damn now I think I will need to get a new wardrobe as nothing fits anymore. I always wore medium shirts, but now I can barely get into one. Guess this is what I wanted though, but forgot about needing new clothes by accomplishing this goal

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Holy crap! I would be bouncing off the walls if I took 3 scoops!

Holy crap! I would be bouncing off the walls if I took 3 scoops!
    You will be surprised how fast your body builds a immunity to it. I easily can take a scoop and go straight to bed now Two scoops doesn't even get me jittery or anything like that anymore, but I get good workouts and pumps still.

I bet after two tubs of it you will be the same as us! Welcome to the darkside Sean where "Natural Ingredients" are no worries.