Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 456789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Ugh....I hate the gym...but even more than that, I ABSOLUTELY HATE PROTEIN!!!

First night done...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I've read a bit about it. I'm always trying to bulk so I am in the opposite situation. From what I understand, HGC can be a natural test booster. That in itself will help you stay lean, add in a ridiculously low amount of calories and there ya go. Heard of dudes using it during a cycle to keep their grapes intact, but it's used a little differently if I remember correctly. I've just never seen the reasoning for a "fad" diet. Just clean up your diet and bust your ass in the gym....or out on a trail...or somewhere But hey, if it works for ya, more power to ya.

I don't know. Call me lazy but I like big catalysts to get my ass moving. I have never been the type to just change slowly. I figured, worst case scenario, I cleanse my body for a month with no booze, lots of raw veggies, etc, and go back to normal after. Best case scenario, this is the catalyst for a long term life change of eating.

Day 3 of Insanity

So today was a little harder. The actual physical intensity isn't bad, it's just that my calves and lower back are pretty f'ing sore. Once I warm up, it's not to bad, but the rest of the day it's kind of a pain in the ass. Pretty hard to get motivated in the morning when it hurts to walk down stairs. Otherwise the workout is good and pretty challenging. I def feel like I'm getting some solid exercise. If it weren't for the sore leg muscles I would be able to go a little deeper on some of the routines. For us, the key has been to get up early, and do it before your body wakes up. Otherwise I'd probably come up with way to many excuses not to do it. Don't know if I've lost weight, but I feel pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Day 3 of Insanity

So today was a little harder. The actual physical intensity isn't bad, it's just that my calves and lower back are pretty f'ing sore. Once I warm up, it's not to bad, but the rest of the day it's kind of a pain in the ass. Pretty hard to get motivated in the morning when it hurts to walk down stairs. Otherwise the workout is good and pretty challenging. I def feel like I'm getting some solid exercise. If it weren't for the sore leg muscles I would be able to go a little deeper on some of the routines. For us, the key has been to get up early, and do it before your body wakes up. Otherwise I'd probably come up with way to many excuses not to do it. Don't know if I've lost weight, but I feel pretty good!
    Go buy some glutamine and take it after you get done working out; helps with soreness
    Some info on it: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/glutamine.html
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Go buy some glutamine and take it after you get done working out; helps with soreness
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

So far I've been using this to supplement my recovery. Link Seems to work pretty well if you take enough.

From what I've read you're body produces enough glutamine on it's own if you're diet is up to snuff. I've tried it a couple times over the years and didn't notice any difference at all. At least the price has dropped over the years so it's not too expensive to give it a shot.

Edit: the soreness will go away after you train for a few months. Try flexing whatever muscle group is sore, it squeezes out the lactic acid.
    Last edited by Keyser Soze; Wed Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

So far I've been using this to supplement my recovery. Link Seems to work pretty well if you take enough.
    I assume you meant that link to go to a beer? That may be your problem if you are serious; beer dehydrates you bad which leads to more muscle soreness. Water may be the issue here; take in more...and cut out the beer

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I assume you meant that link to go to a beer? That may be your problem if you are serious; beer dehydrates you bad which leads to more muscle soreness. Water may be the issue here; take in more...and cut out the beer
    Dehydration leads to muscle cramps also which fucking suck!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Try flexing whatever muscle group is sore, it squeezes out the lactic acid.
    I love it when you talk dirty.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Yes, it was a joke. And yes, I drink lots of water and eat a very good/balanced diet. And no, I will never give up drinking a beer when I want, quality of life is much more important than minimal athletic improvements.

Besides, have you had their Punkin Ale?

Mmmmm, beer. I haven't had one since Sunday. Been working out every evening, drinking tons of water (had 12 cups yesterday), and eating good stuff. Although I kind of cheated last night and had a garlic bread stick with dinner. But I was still under my calorie goal for the day.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Way to go, Wicky!

And of course, Avery has to put this picture up on FB.

Chadwick
    MRA #825

Yes, it was a joke. And yes, I drink lots of water and eat a very good/balanced diet. And no, I will never give up drinking a beer when I want, quality of life is much more important than minimal athletic improvements.

Besides, have you had their Punkin Ale?
    I agree, and also do the occasional beer. Just know it is one of the hardest things to workoff because they are considered "empty carbs" which means they have no nutritional value and therefore are harder to burn off than regular calories. Micro brew beers are even worse; so maybe you could try a light beer like Amstel Light or Sam Adams light; both not bad tasting for a light beer.

So often I see beer as the killer for workout goals; it has also been proven to lower testosterone levels, which are very important to fitness/muscles. Many years I could not figure out why I could be "buff" but with a belly...yup a beer belly!

I recommend this over beer....(no calories and great for soreness )

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Mmmmm, beer. I haven't had one since Sunday. Been working out every evening, drinking tons of water (had 12 cups yesterday), and eating good stuff. Although I kind of cheated last night and had a garlic bread stick with dinner. But I was still under my calorie goal for the day.
    Dude, with you're body type you should be able to get fookin huge if you train right. Kudos to the no beer. I cant go more than a day or 2 without one. I actually take a 12 pack with me to the gym.

Dude, with you're body type you should be able to get fookin huge if you train right. Kudos to the no beer. I cant go more than a day or 2 without one. I actually take a 12 pack with me to the gym.
    Move back to Colorado, and I'll go with ya.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

I'm keepin my eyes peeled for jobs. Sure would be nice.

Micro brew beers are even worse; so maybe you could try a light beer like Amstel Light or Sam Adams light; both not bad tasting for a light beer.
    Be careful, son. Or I'm gonna have to find you and slap some sense into ya. 2-3 beers a week is not going to kill me. And I don't really have any fitness goals. I'm doing this to stay in shape, not get fat and try something new. I have no desire to be cut/built/musclebound or whatever you call it.

I recommend this over beer....(no calories and great for soreness )
    This is a good option if you don't do any real cardio.

running a 10k + =

Be careful, son. Or I'm gonna have to find you and slap some sense into ya. 2-3 beers a week is not going to kill me. And I don't really have any fitness goals. I'm doing this to stay in shape, not get fat and try something new. I have no desire to be cut/built/musclebound or whatever you call it.

This is a good option if you don't do any real cardio.

running a 10k + =
    I agree, just throwing some education out there on the effects...Like I said I drink at least 2-3 beers a week. Now 2-3 beers a day is what starts to add up....which i use to do; mainlu because of this club and there "social events"

There are actually plenty of people that have cardio and do that; they probably just don't smoke it the old school way. Sh*t now you can even buy lollipops with it in them or a nice tasty cookie. You ever heard of Nick Diaz? He has his medical license and can go 5 MMA rounds and not tire out. Of course it is better to not do it, but i would say fitness wise it is better for you than alcohol

Out of anybody else that has done Insanity, how can you not feel like Rocky when the music kicks in towards the end? Every time, I feel like I'm running up the stairs in Philly and the music is just like that. It's kind of funny. "Come on y'all, dig deeper!"

There are actually plenty of people that have cardio and do that; they probably just don't smoke it the old school way. Sh*t now you can even buy lollipops with it in them or a nice tasty cookie. You ever heard of Nick Diaz? He has his medical license and can go 5 MMA rounds and not tire out. Of course it is better to not do it, but i would say fitness wise it is better for you than alcohol
    That's cool. I had my days, but now I look forward to a nice micro brew and a MotoGP race. Life doesn't get much better.

Ok, I was curious on this DogFish beer and calories.
    • 60 Minute IPA: 209
    • 90 Minute IPA: 294
    • Midas Touch: 307
    • Shelter Pale Ale: 168
    • 120 Minute IPA: 450
    • Black and Blue: 290
    • Burton Baton: 320
    • Fort: 415
    • Red and White: 310
    • World Wide Stout: 372
    • Aprihop: 240
    • Chicory Stout: 185
    • Festian Peche: 160
    • Punkin Ale: 230
    http://hailtheale.com/2009/03/25/cal...sh-head-beers/

Also found this on how long it takes to burn 100 calories
    http://www.nowloss.com/100_calories.htm

I only did this for my curiosity, so please don't think I am knocking on you Sean; as stated I drink a few beers a week to, but I like to see how different beers compare in calories.

I only did this for my curiosity, so please don't think I am knocking on you Sean; as stated I drink a few beers a week to, but I like to see how different beers compare in calories.
    No offense taken. It's always good to be informed. To me, they are worth every empty calorie!

(Except for those crappy/hoppy IPA's)

The thing for me is, I usually don't drink beer during the week, unless there's a beer in the fridge (Sean), I don't really think about it unless I'm sitting down to watch the 49ers beat up on some team that "supposed" to beat them.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

There are actually a lot of ultra-endurance athletes that drink a beer for recovery. They usually do NA beer, but beer none the less. There's a lot of discussion on forums about it. I don't know if I subscribe to that idea, but it's interesting. And considering I finish my workout by 6:30 am, it may not be a good idea to start drinking.

Wicky- you can give them back if you want. Stout is like a protein shake for me (without the protein...or shake. Well, it's just good for you)