Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,729 to 1,752 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Nah my goal is to gain strenght more than anything but I'm already skinny as hell compared to other times when I was 175+lbs and ripped!... I just do it more to stay in shape and also help me control blood sugars cause of diabetes.
    Well you know I am here to help you buddy if you do decide to gain. The diabetes would be new to me, but as I told you my buddies dad is a bodybuilder and has diabetes so I could get advice from them.

Strength is my specialty Excited I am bicep curling 180lbs 6 times now and got my incline bench press to 225 6 times too. Most machines I am maxing out now Such a addiction!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Excited I am bicep curling 180lbs 6 times now
    You go boooooy. That's a lotta weight to curl.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Still doin' my thing and putting in my miles here at the work fitness center. Easter was a stuff-my-face kind of weekend, but I'm still at a pseudosolid 230. My 2 mile times are sub :20, which I'm proud of.

I could be the next Roy Nelson!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    My 2 mile times are sub :20, which I'm proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    You go boooooy. That's a lotta weight to curl.
    Thanks man: I only weigh 190 with a 30 inch waste too.

Although I'd take your Martial Arts skills over my strength any day! You don't become a instructor of it without many years of dedication. You watch MMA at all?

Thanks man: I only weigh 190 with a 30 inch waste too.

Although I'd take your Martial Arts skills over my strength any day! You don't become a instructor of it without many years of dedication. You watch MMA at all?
    I used to. Our dojo in Kansas used to go out and have a UFC night pretty often. Since I moved here work, family and training have me so busy I don't even watch TV anymore. I rely on my kids to let me know when a good fight is coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Still doin' my thing and putting in my miles here at the work fitness center. Easter was a stuff-my-face kind of weekend, but I'm still at a pseudosolid 230. My 2 mile times are sub :20, which I'm proud of.

I could be the next Roy Nelson!
    Makes me curious what my mile time is these days, haven't done that in a long time... Hmmm well guess a good time as any to find out in the next few nights lol

Well you know I am here to help you buddy if you do decide to gain. The diabetes would be new to me, but as I told you my buddies dad is a bodybuilder and has diabetes so I could get advice from them.

Strength is my specialty Excited I am bicep curling 180lbs 6 times now and got my incline bench press to 225 6 times too. Most machines I am maxing out now Such a addiction!
    Pff that ain't shit, I curl 25 lbs as my max! jk, I dk what my maxes are anymore. I haven't done proper weightlifting in quite some time as well. I just want to gain the strenght I used to have mainly in my legs. My legs feel like jell-o these days and just can't kick a ball and have the same quickness in the field that I used to have a few years back. May take you up on that offer though man, could use some guidance.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I used to. Our dojo in Kansas used to go out and have a UFC night pretty often. Since I moved here work, family and training have me so busy I don't even watch TV anymore. I rely on my kids to let me know when a good fight is coming up.
    Well a few of use usually meet up to watch the PPV fights. Next one is Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen on the 27th of this month. I'll shoot you an invite as it comes closer and come if you can. We've been going to the Champs in Aspen Grove (Littleton)

Also free UFC fights every Sat this month; except 27th which is PPV

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Pff that ain't shit, I curl 25 lbs as my max! jk, I dk what my maxes are anymore. I haven't done proper weightlifting in quite some time as well. I just want to gain the strenght I used to have mainly in my legs. My legs feel like jell-o these days and just can't kick a ball and have the same quickness in the field that I used to have a few years back. May take you up on that offer though man, could use some guidance.
    My full leg day is on Tuesdays, but I can help you any time man! Yeah not sure what my maxes are either as I stay at 6 since they claim that is where the most muscle growth occurs
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Anyone else have this issue at the gym too? It's so true!!!! At least for my gym

That made me laugh... especially the old dude with the hairdryer.

That made me laugh... especially the old dude with the hairdryer.
    A buddy sent me that and I was laughing so hard because I go through this daily at gym. Old guys like to shave, brush their teeth, talk, all before getting dressed or even putting on some underwear. Lately they have been trying to have conversations with me buck naked and I am totally creeped out by it. I am not homophobic, it's just nasty to me and I just want them to leave me alone or go put some clothes on

I am seriously still traumatized by the image of the old guy bent over naked cutting his toe nails when I walked into the locker room.
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Apr 17th, 2013 at 09:09 AM.

funny and true disgustingly
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Well, some are just so proud of their wang they just gotta show it off while shaving, drying, or whatever. News flash: no one here gives a damn about your wang; put some f'ing clothes on!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Okay, traded a couple PMs with bulldog recently and got some great advice! I guess it's working.

Throwing my hat in... Down 7 lbs so far, 50ish to go...
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

I'm working on it too.
    Four weeks in.
    Down 13 pounds.
    Cut out soda completely two weekends ago.
    Watching what I eat.
    Fortunately I already have super strong legs so I'm mainly working on upper body and endurance.

Question for you bulldog. Not sure what the muscles are called but along your shins there are muscles that get really freaking tired when I'm walking. Any way to strengthen them?
    Last edited by Wrider; Sun May 5th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I'm working on it too.
    Four weeks in.
    Down 13 pounds.
    Cut out soda completely two weekends ago.
    Watching what I eat.
    Fortunately I already have super strong legs so I'm mainly working on upper body and endurance.

Question for you bulldog. Not sure what the muscles are called but along your shins there are muscles that get really freaking tired when I'm walking. Any way to strengthen them?
    I'm not sure what the muscle is called and I don't feel like looking it up right now, but you can work it by doing calf raises and/or putting a dumbbell on the top of your foot/toes and raising the toes up. For best isolation, hold and flex for at least 2 seconds per rep. This goes for the calf raises as well. Most people don't even bother with this muscle. It's a "missed" muscle for most, kinda like the forearm. Usually, when I do the dumbbell exercise on the toes, people look at me like I'm crazy, but it works.

Hmmm thanks! Gonna have to start working that out a bit. Forearms are good. About a half inch of extra fabric in my 3x shirts. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post

Funny you bring that up because mine are a bit sore today too; well mine are the front of lower legs. Seems like these muscles are hard to hit up in a gym, because I do a lot of elliptical and treadmill, yet I got the soreness from a mountain hike on Saturday (with a hardcore hiking buddy who tried to break me ). As 3D said I think they are just missed muscles that don't get used/worked out often so things like hiking that force you to use those are probably the best to strengthen them since I do a lot of calf workouts and yet still got soreness. In a gym I'd say high incline treadmill or really anything that works out calves, but focus on releasing set slowly (push with calf, then when bringing back go slow to hit the other side; sometimes called "negatives". Although not sure we are talking about the same muscles. Do you mainly get this soreness from walking up steep inclines?

P.S. Good to hear from you 3D!

This may help to find that muscle

I think the sore muscle of mine is that Extensor hallucis longus and or Extensor digitorum longus. And just like 3D said seems "Toe Raises" are what helps strengthen them

Hope that helps...if not I can check with some of my PT friends
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon May 6th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.

Awesome to hear you guys are dropping weight and cleaning up your diet.

Soda is my weakness. I used to be addicted to Vanilla Coke(tm) "that shit be calling me" but I am fighting it daily!
    Last edited by j0ker; Tue May 7th, 2013 at 09:17 AM.

Awesome to hear you guys are dropping weight and cleaning up your diet.

Soda is my weakness. I used to be addicted to Vanilla Coke(tm) "that shit be calling me" but I am fighting in daily!
    Mine is beer!!!! Really try to limit drinking to once a week and not over three beers... I noticed now matter how hard a train I cannot keep a flat stomach when drinking a lot

Mine is beer!!!! Really try to limit drinking to once a week and not over three beers... I noticed now matter how hard a train I cannot keep a flat stomach when drinking a lot
    Mine is hot wings and beer... I usually hit up Hooters every other Wednesday for their all you can eat wings and a few brews. Last week, I polished off 50 wings and 2 tall blue moon's. I'm not proud of that accomplishment.

Woodchuck...that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Woodchuck...that is all
    I had to give that stuff up...it's like candy and has twice the calories of most beers. I swear every time I drank it I woke up with a beer belly

I do miss it though

Lol yeah soda was my weakness too. As in a couple of liter bottles a day... I'm down to a couple of bottles of Gatorade and water now. Still not super great for you (sugars), but much better than soda.