Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 246471727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,753 to 1,776 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Try brewed tea...it's actually good for you.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I would but I don't like most teas lol.
    I've also found I like the Mio drink mixes quite a bit. According to the label they're basically flavoring and that's it, plus you can pour your own concentration to your liking.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Figured i'd post a quick updated pic!!!

after starting to date a new girl, i unfortunately quit the gym cold turkey and stopped dieting...i had been away from the gym for 6 months and basically went right back to square one when i started back on February 8th.

Still not completely satisfied but we're our own worst critics...

Here is a picture i took as of three days ago.

Stats: 5'8, 157, 4-4.5% bf, and strength is through the roof for my size. Coupe main exercises: Can do 9 reps of 95's on incline bench, 9 reps 100's on flat, 8 reps 80's seated dumbbell press, 10 reps 155 military press, etc.

Yes i know my tattoo stretched lol...i'm getting it touched up in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_R6 View Post
    Figured i'd post a quick updated pic!!!

after starting to date a new girl, i unfortunately quit the gym cold turkey and stopped dieting...i had been away from the gym for 6 months and basically went right back to square one when i started back on February 8th.

Still not completely satisfied but we're our own worst critics...

Here is a picture i took as of three days ago.

Stats: 5'8, 157, 4-4.5% bf, and strength is through the roof for my size. Coupe main exercises: Can do 9 reps of 95's on incline bench, 9 reps 100's on flat, 8 reps 80's seated dumbbell press, 10 reps 155 military press, etc.

Yes i know my tattoo stretched lol...i'm getting it touched up in a few weeks
    Hell yeah man, glad to hear you are back at it

Your body fat is crazy good right now and I like your physique; lean and muscular (no homo )

I hear you on the tattoos man! I've had to get one redone three times because I kept stretching it. When I got it I was maybe 145 pnd then got up to 200lbs and that tattoo stretched so bad it was horrible. Pretty excited as I get my next tattoo on May 24th! I reward for making some great gains in fitness
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Hell yeah man, glad to hear you are back at it

Your body fat is crazy good right now and I like your physique; lean and muscular (no homo )

I hear you on the tattoos man! I've had to get one redone three times because I kept stretching it. When I got it I was maybe 145 pnd then got up to 200lbs and that tattoo stretched so bad it was horrible. Pretty excited as I get my next tattoo on May 24th! I reward for making some great gains in fitness
    Yeah, it was definitely a struggle to get back at it haha...i forgot how hard this was!!! Especially after 6 months away and zero dieting lol

Thanks man...i'm tryin like mad to get in shape before my trip next week (plane leaves friday at 530).
    Definitely not taking it in the homo way haha...i've still got a lot i'm not happy with but from where i was 11-12 weeks ago, its a HUGE improvement.
    Still trying to build legs a bit more and for some reason i just cant put the weight on there...i'll keep at it though.

damn...thats not encouraging haha...
    i'm probably going to wait until winter to get it touched up so i can still swim and do everything this summer without any consideration for it.

awesome! Congrats...what are you getting and where???
    I want another...but i also wanna finish the current so i'll just do that first.

Also...judging by the pic, what should i work on most??? Besides legs (which i do a minimum of twice a week)

just wanna be perfect to surprise the girlfriend...havent seen her in 12 weeks and finally see her next saturday

Lol I'm the opposite of most guys. I can max out any leg related machine at the gym. But I'm only about 110 lbs on the deltoid rows, 90-100 on the inclined pushup, 150 on the bench. Weak as hell upper body, but strong as hell lower body.

Side note: you know it was a good workout for your biceps when pushing in a wheeled office chair hurts like hell.

I'm about 110 lbs....I mean that's what I weigh.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    I'm about 110 lbs....I mean that's what I weigh.
    Let's see... When I was 110 lbs I was right about 4'8" and somewhere around 12 or 13.

Most of you haven't seen me in person, so you don't realize how weak 110 lbs is for me. I'm 6'2", 330, with shoulders that are approximately 1 inch away from either side of a standard door frame. I iz a big guy...

When I was in high school I was 5'10" and 200-220. Carrying around a 40 lb backpack I could do 3 flights of stairs 2 at a time and only have a couple of deep breaths at the top. Mountain biking 5-20 miles a day on trails is really really good for you... lol

So you're sayin' you could use me for deltoid rows?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'm saying if you held 2 20 lb dumbbells I could bench press you.

Oi i cant break the 185 bench which is my weight but stuck for 6 months

my weight wont change if i diet if i dont diet my body stays the same
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_R6 View Post
    Yeah, it was definitely a struggle to get back at it haha...i forgot how hard this was!!! Especially after 6 months away and zero dieting lol

Thanks man...i'm tryin like mad to get in shape before my trip next week (plane leaves friday at 530).
    Definitely not taking it in the homo way haha...i've still got a lot i'm not happy with but from where i was 11-12 weeks ago, its a HUGE improvement.
    Still trying to build legs a bit more and for some reason i just cant put the weight on there...i'll keep at it though.

damn...thats not encouraging haha...
    i'm probably going to wait until winter to get it touched up so i can still swim and do everything this summer without any consideration for it.

awesome! Congrats...what are you getting and where???
    I want another...but i also wanna finish the current so i'll just do that first.

Also...judging by the pic, what should i work on most??? Besides legs (which i do a minimum of twice a week)

just wanna be perfect to surprise the girlfriend...havent seen her in 12 weeks and finally see her next saturday
    Yeah I always tell people the hardest part is starting up because that is when you get that horrible soreness that you don't get from staying consistent. I try to not take too much time off because I hate that soreness; literally been days I couldn't even walk (legs) or laugh (abs). Although it is always a good idea to take time off to let your body recover.

Sh*t man, most girls love abs so just pull your shirt up and her panties will drop! Good luck on that trip though; wish it were me going on vacation. Don't forget some "protection"

Yeah legs can be really hard for some people to build. Really the key to that is lifting heavy as hell on them. Like now I am doing sets of 6 max on them; usually go 6 reps at near max (to get to 6; want to struggle on last rep), raise weight even higher and do my next set to maybe 5 to fail, then last set is higher weight to 3 to fail. What this does is make your "secondary" muscles kick in, which only go to work when your first primary muscles fail. The secondary muscles are the ones that get big, so that is why you see bodybuilders struggle to get that last set so they kick in those muscles. This is true for all muscles and works to build bulk if that is what you want.

Then I really feel calories has a lot to do with getting bigger. It is hard to get bigger and stay lean and that is why you see pro-bodybuilders get big and almost fat, then lean it out when comp comes. You gain way more when your body has extra calories. When you stay lean you can risk not having enough calories and your body eats muscle; which can be counterproductive depending on what your goal is. This is why I only have a 6 pack when I lean out because I take in a lot of calories so I can grow.

Sucks but tattoos do way better being big and getting small that stretching them. Really my case was extreme though as it was a tribal armband and was nearly touching when I got it (at about 135pnd). Now the tiny gap has turned into like 2 inches, but that is because I went from arms that were basically same width from wrist to shoulder Overall tattoo artists can do amazing work, so don't worry about it too much especially with tribal. I started with tribal when I was about 18 on right arm (that armband) and slowly turned it into a quarter sleeve (lower biceps to nearly neck line). So now adding to the left tribal arm piece to start that side...so basically more tribal with blues and blacks on that side. Going to Phantom 8 here in Englewood.

Really on what you should work on depends on your goal. Are you wanting to just stay lean and cut, or do you want to add muscle mass? As for being lean and cut, you are there man! Abs is 90% leanness and 10% muscle (we all have abs, just hidden by fat). Now if you want to add muscle mass I can help you there as that was always my issue.

I could bicep curl you while holding 90 pounds of weight! I just hit 200lbs bicep curl 6 times on Monday (new goal)

And hit my 270lbs incline press 6 times too which was my goal

Although you would be proud of me Jon as I got my old mountain bike out of storage and had it serviced. Now my girl and I are doing a lot of the bike trails around the house. I usually go from old Littleton to Chatfield and back (n Platte River Trail). I know nothing compared to your bicycling, but I am trying. Just bought a speedometer to see how many miles I do. Bummed weather doesn't seem to nice this weekend as plan is to hit bike trails on Saturday
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri May 10th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Any of you checking out the new Bellator Fight Masters? The Rino gym is in the show! Several of the coaches and team from the show are going to be at Rino the weekend of the 6th. There is supposed to be a cook out!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I've watched a couple of episodes.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

So I recently got a new job... If anyone is looking to get paid (not well, but paid nonetheless) to work out all day every day, come work with me at 1-800-GOT-JUNK... In two weeks I've lost ten pounds, increased my dead by 40 lbs, increased my curls by 20 lbs per arm, and I no longer wake up with back pain due to the fact that my back is stronger than ever. I guess heavy lifting for 12 hours a day 4-5 days a week will do that for you... Plus it beats the cardio right into you...

That said, it's the only job I've ever worked where you get paid to work out!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Any of you checking out the new Bellator Fight Masters? The Rino gym is in the show! Several of the coaches and team from the show are going to be at Rino the weekend of the 6th. There is supposed to be a cook out!
    Yeah I've caught all the episodes so far and liking the show. Plus glad UFC has some competition. I usually catch all the Bellator fights too.....although Babalu losing his first match and retiring was a but disappointing. Hopefully King Moe stays in it longer this year than last.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    So I recently got a new job... If anyone is looking to get paid (not well, but paid nonetheless) to work out all day every day, come work with me at 1-800-GOT-JUNK... In two weeks I've lost ten pounds, increased my dead by 40 lbs, increased my curls by 20 lbs per arm, and I no longer wake up with back pain due to the fact that my back is stronger than ever. I guess heavy lifting for 12 hours a day 4-5 days a week will do that for you... Plus it beats the cardio right into you...

That said, it's the only job I've ever worked where you get paid to work out!
    Hell yeah, that is one way to do it. Keep up the good work

On a fitness note, I started using these new lifting straps called Versa Gripps and really love them. Kind of a mix between a glove, lifting strap, and wrist lock. I highly recommend them

http://versagripps.com/

This probably doesn't make anyone pumped like me (other than maybe 3D), but damn the new Pumping Iron looks sick; follows Mr Olympia

My diet has been sucking big time. Drinking more than I should be. GF snapped a pic of my back for some progress motivation though. Terrible lighting and I'm pale as fuck! Currently at 195...still

I finally caught up to you Rob.....hit 195 myself this week....although I think you are way taller than me! (and believe me I'd take your height if I could...being 5'9" sucks). Maybe one day we will get to lift together

Glad to hear from you though man....fitness is dead on this site
    Last edited by bulldog; Tue Jul 2nd, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

It's not dead. It just doesn't include any guns.

As the non-weights side of the fitness thread, I'm feeling great! Got a bunch of mountain biking in over the past two weekends. Crested Butte and Beaver Creek. I'm finally working somewhere with an awesome pool that I swim in on most of my lunch breaks. And when I don't swim, I try to do bodyweight exercises. I have yet to make all of the different grips of pull-ups feel easy.

Nate- you still pedaling?

Hey Sean, you ever ride Monarch Crest?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Hey Sean, you ever ride Monarch Crest?
    Not yet! I might be doing it with a couple of buddies in August. Supposed to be a GREAT ride. I think one of the guys I was riding with in CB did it yesterday. Can't wait to hear about it.