Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 256572737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,777 to 1,800 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Okay, LMK when you go cuz I am thinking about doing it in August too.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    As the non-weights side of the fitness thread, I'm feeling great! Got a bunch of mountain biking in over the past two weekends. Crested Butte and Beaver Creek. I'm finally working somewhere with an awesome pool that I swim in on most of my lunch breaks. And when I don't swim, I try to do bodyweight exercises. I have yet to make all of the different grips of pull-ups feel easy.

Nate- you still pedaling?
    Nice, glad to hear you are still at it

Yeah I've been putting in maybe 20 miles a week on my mountain bike on the local trails; mainly Saturday mornings. I've basically been making that my cardio since I am back on another gaining phase and cut out the gym cardio. I am still waiting to find a sweet deal on a road bike though, but thinking maybe when it gets cold out I can get one discounted.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I upgraded my basement, I had a bowflex but quickly learned those things suck donkey ass, and are really only good for maintaining physique. Theres no way they will help you build any mass and the movements are so restricted it's kind of a PIA to use.

Sold the Bowflex and got a full on free weight gym, bench press, bicep curl, leg extension, etc etc. Also got some bars to do dead lifts, and got some dumbell free weights.

Overall it si 100X better than that damn bowflex and in the 2 weeks i have had it there is a noticeable difference. Cant wait to see the changes in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    I upgraded my basement, I had a bowflex but quickly learned those things suck donkey ass, and are really only good for maintaining physique. Theres no way they will help you build any mass and the movements are so restricted it's kind of a PIA to use.

Sold the Bowflex and got a full on free weight gym, bench press, bicep curl, leg extension, etc etc. Also got some bars to do dead lifts, and got some dumbell free weights.

Overall it si 100X better than that damn bowflex and in the 2 weeks i have had it there is a noticeable difference. Cant wait to see the changes in the next few months.
    What you mean Bowflex's commercials lie!

The one thing I never liked about them is their resistance is all elastic so you get no negative feedback weight (meaning when you release the weight). They claim muscle tears when contraction is released so it is important to use the negative resistance, but you can't with a Bowflex because it springs back. Well I guess you get some, but not compared to free weights

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Okay, LMK when you go cuz I am thinking about doing it in August too.
    Will do. My buddy organizes a shuttle trip. Once I know more I'll pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Nice, glad to hear you are still at it
    I enjoy fitness too much to give up on it. I even mix in weights too (don't tell anyone) but do my own crossfit based stuff. My shoulders and back are getteing much stronger.

Yeah I've been putting in maybe 20 miles a week on my mountain bike on the local trails; mainly Saturday mornings. I've basically been making that my cardio since I am back on another gaining phase and cut out the gym cardio. I am still waiting to find a sweet deal on a road bike though, but thinking maybe when it gets cold out I can get one discounted.
    That's awesome! Good to hear you're enjoying the outdoors too.

Not sure what you're looking for, but this is a solid road bike. How much are you looking to spend and how tall are you?
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/3913001927.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Will do. My buddy organizes a shuttle trip. Once I know more I'll pm you.

I enjoy fitness too much to give up on it. I even mix in weights too (don't tell anyone) but do my own crossfit based stuff. My shoulders and back are getteing much stronger.

That's awesome! Good to hear you're enjoying the outdoors too.

Not sure what you're looking for, but this is a solid road bike. How much are you looking to spend and how tall are you?
    http://denver.craigslist.org/bik/3913001927.html
    Thanks man, does look like a pretty good deal for that bike Maybe I'll go check it out if I decide to drop the cash now for one.

Oh yeah, I am about 5'9" and would like to stay around or under the $600 mark if I can
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jul 5th, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

I like the Allez too, and a 54 will work for you.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Thanks man, does look like a pretty good deal for that bike Maybe I'll go check it out if I decide to drop the cash now for one.

Oh yeah, I am about 5'9" and would like to stay around or under the $600 mark if I can
    That particular bike is definitely more than a couple years old, so take a close look at the condition. Road bikes are just expensive though, so I would imagine someone would be willing to pay $600 or close to that. I also have experience with working on bicycles, especially of the road bike variety if that would help. As FZRguy said, the 54 should work for you. I am 5'9" and ride 54s.
    2006 SV650S Blue

Workout experts, what are your thoughts on this article? It sounds way too good to be true, but a friend that competes in body building competitions posted it on the book of face, so I gave it a read and found it hard to believe.

http://www.getrippedfastnow.com/98sdf3jd2/

To me it looks like nothing more than an add for supplements.
    Last edited by JKOL; Wed Jul 10th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Workout experts, what are your thoughts on this article? It sounds way too good to be true, but a friend that competes in body building competitions posted it on the book of face, so I gave it a read and found it hard to believe.

http://www.getrippedfastnow.com/98sdf3jd2/

To me it looks like nothing more than an add for supplements.
    Well to me it is a advertisement for a supplement...just another fat burner! Although fat burners do work, but they can be taxing on the heart; since they basically help burn fat by increasing heart rate which in turn burns more fat. Basically a six pack is all about being lean and not about ab strength. So the less fat you have the more your abs will show (we all have a six pack under out fat). I've used them before and they did shed fat, but I was always cracked out like I was on speed or something since they almost all have some sort of caffeine or stimulant. So I guess it comes down to your goal. If you want to lose some fast weight it may help, but usually you get it back when you stop them (unless you completely change your diet to eat 100% clean). You could get the same results by eating clean and not messing with fat burners though.....plus some swear it hurts the heart bad! aslo if you are trying to add muscle it is very hard to do when super lean; you need the calories for that.

Also not to label someone, but most competitive bodybuilders are one illegal stuff; multiple steroids; you can't really compete at a high level without them. Even the guys I know that do natural bodybuilding shows use steroids and cycle off in time before their drug tests. So basically careful what those guys will tell you because they endorse products when the real gains they get are from the mass steroids. You really think guys like Phil Health and Ronny Colleman got this way with natural supplements.....it's impossible!

Just my 2 cents, but I am not pro....

Well to me it is a advertisement for a supplement...just another fat burner! Although fat burners do work, but they can be taxing on the heart; since they basically help burn fat by increasing heart rate which in turn burns more fat. Basically a six pack is all about being lean and not about ab strength. So the less fat you have the more your abs will show (we all have a six pack under out fat). I've used them before and they did shed fat, but I was always cracked out like I was on speed or something since they almost all have some sort of caffeine or stimulant. So I guess it comes down to your goal. If you want to lose some fast weight it may help, but usually you get it back when you stop them (unless you completely change your diet to eat 100% clean). You could get the same results by eating clean and not messing with fat burners though.....plus some swear it hurts the heart bad! aslo if you are trying to add muscle it is very hard to do when super lean; you need the calories for that.

Also not to label someone, but most competitive bodybuilders are one illegal stuff; multiple steroids; you can't really compete at a high level without them. Even the guys I know that do natural bodybuilding shows use steroids and cycle off in time before their drug tests. So basically careful what those guys will tell you because they endorse products when the real gains they get are from the mass steroids. You really think guys like Phil Health and Ronny Colleman got this way with natural supplements.....it's impossible!

Just my 2 cents, but I am not pro....
    I know I have a 6 pack, I just haven't ever seen the damn thing.

You are correct about body builders, the 2 I know that compete locally both use plenty of illegal stuff. The thing I saw, that interested me was energy boost. At 33, I have noticed a big drop in energy. That may simply be due to more stress (working out of town, living in hotels, too many work hours), or it could simply be age finally kicking in a little. When I say drop in energy, I don't mean I sleep 12 hours a day or I can't stay up past 10pm, I just mean I feel like throughout the course of my day I could use a few quick naps. I usually operate quite well on 6-7 hours sleep, but the last 10-12 months it always seems like I could use more sleep. Even on the weekends, I can't sleep past 6am regardless of what time I go to bed. Lately I just feel like I need something more than eating fairly healthy and taking a multivitamin.
    Last edited by JKOL; Wed Jul 10th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

I know I have a 6 pack, I just haven't ever seen the damn thing.

You are correct about body builders, the 2 I know that compete locally both use plenty of illegal stuff. The thing I saw, that interested me was energy boost. At 33, I have noticed a big drop in energy. That may simply be due to more stress (working out of town, living in hotels, too many work hours), or it could simply be age finally kicking in a little. When I say drop in energy, I don't mean I sleep 12 hours a day or I can't stay up past 10pm, I just mean I feel like throughout the course of my day I could use a few quick naps. I usually operate quite well on 6-7 hours sleep, but the last 10-12 months it always seems like I could use more sleep. Even on the weekends, I can't sleep past 6am regardless of what time I go to bed. Lately I just feel like I need something more than eating fairly healthy and taking a multivitamin.
    That is exactly how I was and still kind of am; hitting 35 in two weeks; just had lack of energy. Some people do not like supplements, but I've used them to help correct this issue.

For sleep I use Somatomax Ever since I started using this stuff I get great sleep and wake up feeling way more refreshed. If you try it be careful as it is powerful and I recommend that you start off with maybe 1/4 scoop and find what works for you. I still only use about 1/4 scoop a night, but I get deep sleep. Deep sleep is important for athletes and especially bodybuilders because that is when your body repairs the most, The less you get, the less your body repairs

For energy for working out I use pre-workouts. My favorite are C4 and Neurocore (they revamped formula so haven't tried new one as I liked the DMAA they took out). Same as with above it can be powerful and start with small dose and move up. I swear they have changed my workouts and give me energy and pump (blood circulation) that make a huge difference.

Next, do you take vitamins? A goof multi-vitamin will also help a lot; I use Mega Man Sport by GNC. Also they say over 80% of population is deficient in Vitamin D, so I recommend taking one of those too. I also take fish oil and think that helps too.

Last is a bit controversial, but from my research it has shown to be a huge issue with men nowadays; low testosterone. They don't know why (think it has to do with hormones in food nowadays), but there is a huge decrease in men's testosterone over the years they have shown (plus men stop producing at age 30). Low test actually creates more problems in men than people realize and one sign is low energy and sleep issues; and new research shows men live longer with higher testosterone. There are places around town that will test your levels for about $99 (it includes a full blood test too). If you are interested PM me and I can share the place that tested mine. It's at least worth knowing if that is the issue IMO.
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jul 11th, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

Some are effected by low DHEA levels. Having the DHEA Sulfate tested by a doctor can provide answers. If I recall, men should maintain a measured 400 ng/ml DHEA S.
    The DHEA saliva test and DHEA Blood test does not accurately indicate the level as the DHEA Sulfate test.
    After 30 the creation of DHEA decreases with biological aging. Stress is a direct factor to DHEA.
    The studies on DHEA have out paced the imagination, and how the lead roll DHEA plays in our health.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

I appreciate the info Bulldog. I have used the Mega Men Sport multi vitamin and I liked it, just switched to One a Day Men's Health because it is easier to find in small towns. I will switch back once I get back to Denver in a few weeks.

Haven't had a full blood test done in years, and couldn't hurt to check my testosterone levels. PM incoming.

Jason
    07 600RR

I worked with this guy who was just hyper as hell. After about a year he started coming in late to work. No energy, no motivation. I thought it was depression or something. Comes to find out it was low T. He got on some cream that he melts into his underarm every morning, and within a month of starting that, he was back to his old self or better (worse).

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I worked with this guy who was just hyper as hell. After about a year he started coming in late to work. No energy, no motivation. I thought it was depression or something. Comes to find out it was low T. He got on some cream that he melts into his underarm every morning, and within a month of starting that, he was back to his old self or better (worse).
    I've seen it do wonders for people that were severely depressed. Doctors want to give everyone anti-depressants nowadays and sometimes the issue is something like low T instead. They got on stuff to raise it and they were happier people, which years of anti-depressants couldn't accomplish. It's always worth getting tested to at least know where your levels are at.

I appreciate the info Bulldog. I have used the Mega Men Sport multi vitamin and I liked it, just switched to One a Day Men's Health because it is easier to find in small towns. I will switch back once I get back to Denver in a few weeks.

Haven't had a full blood test done in years, and couldn't hurt to check my testosterone levels. PM incoming.
    I buy nearly almost all my supplements online. GNC puts out this sale every once in a while for their vitamins on a killer sale. I usually post them up on here when I see it. I'll try to remember to pm you if it comes up again as I am getting low. Another good one is Opti-Men and pretty cheap http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/men.html

On a side note I am very happy that I am getting my bench press up after ripping my rotator cuff years ago. Hit 245 (straight barbell bench) yesterday 3 times after 225 8 times. Not bad for 50 pounds over body weight! Happy for myself as I know nobody cares
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jul 12th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Anyone ever heard of PEA (PHENYLETHYLAMINE HCL POWDER).

They are calling it the new DMAA alternative, but never heard of it. Research shows some chemical in brain that chocolate has. I won't use it till I've heard others try it or more research come out on it, but seems interesting

Stuff is cheap though http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Grams-1-7...item41718d000a

Although ordered 25grams of DMAA so we will see if it comes in; banned but not illegal

I buy nearly almost all my supplements online. GNC puts out this sale every once in a while for their vitamins on a killer sale. I usually post them up on here when I see it. I'll try to remember to pm you if it comes up again as I am getting low. Another good one is Opti-Men and pretty cheap http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/men.html

On a side note I am very happy that I am getting my bench press up after ripping my rotator cuff years ago. Hit 245 (straight barbell bench) yesterday 3 times after 225 8 times. Not bad for 50 pounds over body weight! Happy for myself as I know nobody cares
    I would appreciate it, thanks.

I have rotator cuff issues from years of baseball, but it never seems to affect my flat bench press. Shoulder press with a bar is another story. I can't hardly get 135 off the rack because of the position it puts my shoulder in, but once I have the weight off the rack my shoulder is fine, and I can do a lot more weight.

That is a pretty impressive benchpress for your weight.

Jason
    07 600RR

I would appreciate it, thanks.

I have rotator cuff issues from years of baseball, but it never seems to affect my flat bench press. Shoulder press with a bar is another story. I can't hardly get 135 off the rack because of the position it puts my shoulder in, but once I have the weight off the rack my shoulder is fine, and I can do a lot more weight.

That is a pretty impressive benchpress for your weight.
    Weird exact opposite for me when I tore my rotator cuff; I couldn't do straight bench, but could do shoulders. Made my shoulders get strong and incline press get stronger than flat bench. Even now I am one of the few people I know who can incline press as much a they straight bar press. Keep at it as rotator cuffs can can better by strengthening all the muscle around it. I was told I needed surgery on mine and I rehabbed it and am back to using it 100% again

Nice...ordered 25grams of banned DMAA powder and it came in....I am set now! Amazed it shipped.

DMAA is what was in Jack3D, 1MR, and Neurocore before idiots abused it and messed it up for responsible users.

P.S. It is banned, but not illegal! (still in process)

Good job posting quasi-illegal activity Next you'll offer to sell it to some people

Nice...ordered 25grams of banned DMAA powder and it came in....I am set now! Amazed it shipped.

DMAA is what was in Jack3D, 1MR, and Neurocore before idiots abused it and messed it up for responsible users.

P.S. It is banned, but not illegal! (still in process)
    Doesn't that shit make you compulsively rip off your shirt, wave around glow sticks and dance with other men?

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Good job posting quasi-illegal activity Next you'll offer to sell it to some people
    Like I said it is not illegal yet...banned but not illegal. Hell ephedrine is banned, but you can still get it for asthma. The issue here is people misusing it. If someone took 6 times the amount of Tylenol nobody bitches because they knew the person went over the recommended value, yet people do it on pre-workouts and somehow it is the companies fault...BS!

Right now they are asking manufactures to not make it (illegal to make it now, but not to get rid of existing supply), so nothing illegal of what I did! Just most places are not selling it anymore, but obviously some are still. And why offer to sell it when it can be legally bought online (just hard to find now).

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Doesn't that shit make you compulsively rip off your shirt, wave around glow sticks and dance with other men?
    If not used correctly it may do that, but for working out it is awesome. I don't react well to caffeine but I do to DMAA. There is a reason Jack3D was the #1 selling pre-workout!!!
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jul 19th, 2013 at 10:51 AM.