Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2666737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,824 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Good job posting quasi-illegal activity Next you'll offer to sell it to some people

Simmer down. You can walk into any supplement shop and get the original Jack3d and a few others that have DMAA in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

Simmer down. You can walk into any supplement shop and get the original Jack3d and a few others that have DMAA in it.
    Yup...all the discretion of the shop if they still want to sell it. As I said earlier I feel it is ridiculous to blame a company for someone going over the recommended value.

Like look at this fact on Tylenol...yet sold on every corner store:

Approx. 26000 people are hospitalized and 458 die each year from acetaminophen overdoses.

According to a FDA report looking at the years 1990 to 2001 - 26000 people are hospitalized and 458 die each year from acetaminophen overdoses. These are averages so some years were higher and others lower. Issues leading to these overdoses include taking more than the recommended amount of a medicine containing acetaminophen and taking recommended doses of multiple medicines containing acetaminophen at once.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I just got my ass kicked 6 ways from Sunday from Thursday through Sunday... Went backpacking for a buddy's bachelor party up in the Rawah Wilderness Area. Just reaffirms I need to stop working on weights and start working on everything else...
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I just got my ass kicked 6 ways from Sunday from Thursday through Sunday... Went backpacking for a buddy's bachelor party up in the Rawah Wilderness Area. Just reaffirms I need to stop working on weights and start working on everything else...
    Yeah all depends on your goals and what you want to accomplish; it is the reason you rarely see a really buff guy doing marathons or crazy hikes. All that muscle makes it harder to do that stuff since you have the added weight mass which uses up a lot of oxygen.

Also hiking is going to hit muscles that are very hard to workout in a gym since a lot of them are small stabilizing muscles your legs use when on un-level surfaces (like rocks). I work out my legs every week and run a few miles a week, yet a hike always gets me sore in my front bottom leg region (opposite calves; extensor muscles).

So are you just sore from the hike or were you just not able to complete it?

Combination of the two. I went with 5 other guys who are all in phenomenal shape (the least in shape is 41 years old and still defined).
    I made it up 4 miles and 2000 ft elevation gain before my heart started going weird on me. 4 beats, skip a beat, 4 beats, skip a beat, etc. The next day we did 6 miles and another 2-3K feet to a lake, fished and shot and hung out for a while, then hiked back. Then the next day we hiked out and only stopped twice (once to filter some water and once to shoot a grouse).
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Combination of the two. I went with 5 other guys who are all in phenomenal shape (the least in shape is 41 years old and still defined).
    I made it up 4 miles and 2000 ft elevation gain before my heart started going weird on me. 4 beats, skip a beat, 4 beats, skip a beat, etc. The next day we did 6 miles and another 2-3K feet to a lake, fished and shot and hung out for a while, then hiked back. Then the next day we hiked out and only stopped twice (once to filter some water and once to shoot a grouse).
    Sounds like a fun time!

Well I am willing to bet these guys are used to this type of workout and are conditioned for it. The added elevation is even one factor that can be way rougher on someone that is not used to it (exercising in it). So don’t be too hard on yourself as there are probably areas in fitness you would kill them at. Saying this because I posted a while back on this thread how my buddy also is all about hiking and he does very good at hikes, but get him in a gym and 30 minutes of weight lifting makes him have to stop. He can hike, but to me he is far from in good shape. Also got a buddy who is like that snowboarding; can snowboard all day as he is conditioned for that, but couldn't run a few miles to save his life. It is nearly impossible to be conditioned for all types and that is why you rarely see people pros in multiple sports.

We took the kids up to Estes last week and went all the way up to almost 13k. I was dizzy just standing in the parking lot!!!

Altitude is a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    We took the kids up to Estes last week and went all the way up to almost 13k. I was dizzy just standing in the parking lot!!!

Altitude is a bitch!
    Try it with Asthma! I already get maybe 80% oxygen of what normal people without Asthma get, then mix it in with elevation makes is worse. I still credit fitness on making my asthma 100X better! I was that kid that always had a inhaler with me and could play few sports (minus wrestling and would have to take a puff in between rounds) because of it. When I got into fitness at about age 23, I could literally run 2 minutes before nearly having a asthma attack. Slowly I kept at it and strengthened my lungs to the point where I am now; can run miles!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Try it with Asthma! I already get maybe 80% oxygen of what normal people without Asthma get, then mix it in with elevation makes is worse. I still credit fitness on making my asthma 100X better! I was that kid that always had a inhaler with me and could play few sports (minus wrestling and would have to take a puff in between rounds) because of it. When I got into fitness at about age 23, I could literally run 2 minutes before nearly having a asthma attack. Slowly I kept at it and strengthened my lungs to the point where I am now; can run miles!
    I unfortunately have to carry an inhaler for my son and myself at all times. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, its serious. I feel your pain!!

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    I unfortunately have to carry an inhaler for my son and myself at all times. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, its serious. I feel your pain!!
    Yup you do understand then...asthma sucks bad. Especially for kids since I know how tough it can be; they want to join school sports too and it is harder! That was always me; friends would join basketball and I tried and could not do it because of the asthma and always made me feel horrible. I went to ER so many times because of asthma attacks and still remember that horrible feeling of not being able to breathe and it was so scary!

Snowboarding in that elevation is still the one thing that bothers it bad. Well and cats (things shut my lungs down in minutes). When I go down to sea level it is like a brick has been taken off my chest. Considering moving because of how great it feels (plus added HP on vehicles)

Nate, you are seriously slacking on this thread.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Nate quit this board almost a year ago..... Miss that guy.

Yeah, knew he dropped off the radar. He prolly got busted at work.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

He's still around, just busy I'm sure.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Yeah, knew he dropped off the radar. He prolly got busted at work.
    Why would he get busted at work?!

Cuz that's the only time he looked at this site.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Nate's getting married in Mexico tomorrow.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post

That's awesome!

And oh yeah... I did my usual "at work" time today. 1m run on the treadmill at an unimpressive pace, 10 brisk minutes on the spinning bike and a weight routine. Blah.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Congrats Nate! I rode my bicycle 29 miles in the wind today...the couch is calling!
    Last edited by FZRguy; Tue Apr 15th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Gold Member

For real?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    For real?
    Indeed.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Indeed.
    Is he Jasper or Bubba?