Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778 LastLast
Results 1,825 to 1,848 of 1858

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Anyone up to reviving this like a now till April Challenge?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Bumpin it!!

So I have an issue, and maybe I'm just weird. I've started taking supplements w/ my daily routine and I was fine the first 2 weeks, but now I feel like I want to throw up every time I'm about to take them. Maybe I have a weird gag reflex (I gag when I brush my teeth) or it's just my body not wanting to take them? It's the worst in the mornings, but not quite as bad in the afternoon. Anyone else have this problem, or am I just weird?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Sounds like morning sickness. Might want to get that checked out.

I haven't had that issue with supplements, but I really don't take anything anymore other than vitamins. In the past when I tried Creatine (sp?) for a week it destroyed my stomach so bad I decided I will just let genetics and some added protein do what they will.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Bumpin it!!

So I have an issue, and maybe I'm just weird. I've started taking supplements w/ my daily routine and I was fine the first 2 weeks, but now I feel like I want to throw up every time I'm about to take them. Maybe I have a weird gag reflex (I gag when I brush my teeth) or it's just my body not wanting to take them? It's the worst in the mornings, but not quite as bad in the afternoon. Anyone else have this problem, or am I just weird?
    Well it is hard when you say “supplements” as that could be thousands of things. Could you be more specific? Is this a pre-workout, vitamins, amino acids, whey protein…etc…..you can PM me too.

It is very common as the ingredients in some of these supplements (especially pre-workout mixes or fat burners) can be a bit shady. Normally nausea like that is associated with the caffeine or what they use for the “up” effect; Yohimbe root/bark, B12, Ma Huang. Usually your body can be sensitive to one ingredient and cause these effects. For example I can take a ton of caffeine and be fine, but if I take just a little bit of anything having Yohimbe, I get jacked up and get cold sweats, shaky, and nauseated. When this happens the only solution is to try a different supplement until you find one that works. Everyone is different and responds differently, but there are an assortment of them that us different ingredients for this reason.

If you are sensitive to caffeine, a lot of it will also cause you to get nausea. If you want to share what supplement you are one I can see if I have tried it before and then that would help a lot.

The problem is many will just put “proprietary blend” so you never really know what is in it and could be so many things your body is sensitive to.

Honestly I have cut down a lot on pre-workouts as I just saw a lot of bad effects from them; high blood pressure is my concern. I still occasionally use C4 as that one doesn’t seem to be too crazy. Now I try to stick to “natural” things like whey protein, amino acids, BCAA’s, and just eating properly instead of relying so much on these products.

It sucks, but I’ve always just had to throw away stuff that got me this way and try something else. Places like Bodybuilding.com offer “sample” packs for cheap, so that is a good way to test what works without throwing away too much money. It is common though so I would not worry about it, but I would stop taking it.

P.S. Always take a daily vitamin with food; preferably after!
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:36 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm taking multi vitamins after I eat breakfast and lunch. 30 minutes before both, I'll take a fat burner and CLA. All of these are in pill form. It's not after they are in me, I understand what they are all doing to me, it's when I know I'm going to take them and when they are actually in my mouth and about to drink water to wash it down. That's when I start to gag and want to throw up.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'm taking multi vitamins after I eat breakfast and lunch. 30 minutes before both, I'll take a fat burner and CLA. All of these are in pill form. It's not after they are in me, I understand what they are all doing to me, it's when I know I'm going to take them and when they are actually in my mouth and about to drink water to wash it down. That's when I start to gag and want to throw up.
    OMG Chadwick…toughen up then After my deviated septum surgery (nose) I got this way and still am a bit when I brush my teeth, but I just power through it and try not to think about it.

Yeah I assume that is just a gag reflex then. Maybe cut them in half. If it is the taste spend more money and get gel covered that has no taste; I do this with fish oil supplements, but multivitamins come this way too.

Just be careful with fat burners man….to me they are very dangerous because they work by making your heart beat faster which results in weight loss. IMO, they are the most dangerous supplement out there. I know you don’t like my health lectures, so I’ll just leave it at that…..

Let me know if you need help working out. I still go 5 days a week. I will be at gym today from 5-6:30ish….back and lat day! I will show you how to drop weight….but you will hate it as I will push you to your limit daily (that is what works)

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Have you tried mashing them up and mixing them into your food?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Here is another solution....new gummy vitamins

http://jezebel.com/5900466/a-tasty-w...-your-vitamins

They also make Liquid Vitamins
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:24 AM.

Nate - are you still going to the gym far, far away from me? Like Santa Fe and something?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

This might be right up Chadwick's alley (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Nate - are you still going to the gym far, far away from me? Like Santa Fe and something?
    Yeah same gym at 24 Hour Fitness at Santa Fe and Belleview. M, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sunday (and occasionally on Saturday too)
    Last edited by bulldog; Thu Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:37 AM.

Mmmmm, soothing inserts.

I figured it was just a gag reflex. Didn't know if anyone else had that issue.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

And with the fat burners, it says you can take 2, but I keep it to one, so 2 a day instead of 4. I'm old, I don't need that extra work on my old man heart.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Mmmmm, soothing inserts.

I figured it was just a gag reflex. Didn't know if anyone else had that issue.
    Yeah never once had the issue until I got nose surgery...now I get it when I brush my teeth or use my tongue scraper so must just be something a person can get with changes. Does seem to be worse first thing in morning too.

So you back to working out man? I gave up on this thread as nobody was into it, but I've never stopped working out....if anything I am worse now and more into it

It would take me over 30 minutes to get there
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

HHHHHEEEYYYY. still going strong Nate, 177lbs 4-5% killing it lately, I know you're still lifting but you better be leaning out for the beach bod, it's hot out there!

It would take me over 30 minutes to get there
    Excuses, excuses....you are still the one that rides too Just kidding, I hate driving through traffic myself. If you ever work out on Sunday's let me know and maybe we could find a 24Hr halfway and meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    HHHHHEEEYYYY. still going strong Nate, 177lbs 4-5% killing it lately, I know you're still lifting but you better be leaning out for the beach bod, it's hot out there!
    Grim....what up!!!!! I figured if anyone you are still at it...stop being a stranger around here. Dang, I haven't been down to 4-5% body fat in a long time I kind of stopped getting bigger (well doing bulks) as my cardio was just getting horrible when I got over 200lbs and just didn't feel healthy. So now I sit about 185-190, but still keep a 30 inch waist (I never test body fat to know)....at my short 5'9" frame. Probably best shape and strongest of my life though.

We go to Jamaica in a month for 7 days all inclusive, so the next month I will be leaning up a bit and getting ready for that
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jun 17th, 2016 at 07:45 AM.

... Yes.. I do happen to ride on occasion, although, it's been a few months since I've ridden on the street.

I'm still at the gym M-F .... and Sunday's could work .. pm me your # and we can figure something out
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

... Yes.. I do happen to ride on occasion, although, it's been a few months since I've ridden on the street.

I'm still at the gym M-F .... and Sunday's could work .. pm me your # and we can figure something out
    Hmmmm...I swore we did this before....like a year ago...yet never got one call....slacker.

Getting anyone to workout on CSC is like pulling teeth To date I think only RajanCajun and ever actually showed up to lift with me. Where you at buddy????

Oh wait, Barn did once too

P.S. Whatever ever happen to the member 3D?????

You're probably correct on that... I think we discussed that I would be a total raging bitch (moreso than normal ) if I tried to meet you after work.. so I think I just bagged the idea altogether.
    I'll check my pm's
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'll smoke all you fools.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Wed Jun 22nd, 2016 at 07:08 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Don't you workout at like 2 in the afternoon? Ain't nobody got time for dat, I'm so Effin busy with work and driving all over the state I don't get to the gym till 8pm usually. I might be able to squeeze a workout on a weekday with you, I keep all my shit in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Don't you workout at like 2 in the afternoon? Ain't nobody got time for dat, I'm so Effin busy with work and driving all over the state I don't get to the gym till 8pm usually. I might be able to squeeze a workout on a weekday with you, I keep all my shit in my truck.
    I wish….I get there at the most crowded time, 5-6:30ish. I’ve come to like it though as I’ve met a bunch of the regulars that come at that time too that I BS with. Even to get there at 5, I get to work at 7am and work through lunch to get out early.

Cool, let me know. I’m there most weekdays except Wednesdays.

Bump!

Just wanted to let Nate know that I do lift now.... bro.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Here here.

Also, I am in amazing shape.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson