Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: CSC Track school at SCR is FULL

Re: CSC Track school at SCR

Quote Originally Posted by Buddau";p="212237
    I am signed up only if you can teach me how to get around Bueller.
    stick to my back tire... that's how you get around Bueller
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

So when do you need to know? I would like to do this, but I won't get my schedule for Aug until July 26th.

OH and Lurch has to promise to get me out the high 14, low 15's too

I would love to do it, but can not make that commit this far out.
    Christopher MRA 915
    02 GSXR 750 (first racer)
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

I'm adding a couple of CSC members that are away and can't get to a comp, they should be back in town soon. I just want to ensure they get the opportunity to do this too because they have expressed interest in this type of thing. If they decide they don't want to, or can't we can remove them from the list.

1. Trophy4Rider - N00B - never ridden on a track
    2. Desmo
    3. Carl
    4. Cleveland
    5. Vance
    6. Purpgixxerchic
    7. Green_ZX7R
    8. JoeCode
    9. Mista Black(a few track days... i hold my own)
    10. Wolf-R1
    11. GSXR-ATW
    12. R1blue01 (former MRA racer, a few years back.)
    13. JustinCO
    14. bandido
    15. jeaven
    16. Wahooman
    17. Filo - Multiple track days, old MRA license. Medium speed.
    18. Hawke
    19. Rick T.
    20. Marilou
    21. Princess
    22. Gramps (if he hasn't moved yet)
    23. Boy Scout
    24. Bueller
    25. T-Byrd
    26. Dub
    27 & 28. 2 co-workers of Canucks ( they are supose to be joining the club this week) If not I will remove there names.
    29. Buddau AKA Rich AKA 435
    30. Hunter68D-few track days
    31. Dan Audette 918
    32. Scott
    33. Sarah

(INSTRUCTORS)

1. Hoopty
    2. Ebazyl
    3. Lurch
    4. Spiderman
    5. Devil954
    6. jplracer
    7. zx6er

(SUPPORT)

'00 Ducati Monster 900
    '03 Ducati Monster 620 (sold)
    '00 Mercedes Benz C280 Sport
    '91 VW Jetta GLi 2.0 16v on it's nutz (sold)

Anonymous: "Ok...so I had sex with Grimace..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Black";p="212275
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddau";p="212237
    I am signed up only if you can teach me how to get around Bueller.
    stick to my back tire... that's how you get around Bueller

You know I don't think I've seen the back of that Beemer, ever.

i coulda passed you that day in coal creek canyon but i'd just met ya so i was being nice
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Hunter68d-
    I have to get in on this before its all full up. Just two quick questions. When they say no bike prep is needed does that include the coolent and 2. is the 7 inch zipper on my leathers going to be OK with the people at SCR.

I'm not sure about the coolant issue, but as far as the leathers go, I also only have an 8" zip on my leathers, and that will be fine for this. I was told, "just don't draw attention to the fact that its not a full zip"

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
    2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)
    1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="212284
    So when do you need to know? I would like to do this, but I won't get my schedule for Aug until July 26th.

OH and Lurch has to promise to get me out the high 14, low 15's too

I would love to do it, but can not make that commit this far out.
    I need to know by mid July when I have to sign and send in the contract and give SCR a check. Any chance you tell your work that you have an "obligation" that day and need the day off?

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Glycol based coolant is allowable, though not recommended.
    I believe that they do want to see 'Full zipper' connections.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Board Newbie

Going to sign up for this. Hopefully I am in CO by then. If not, then consider it a donation to the club.

1. Trophy4Rider - N00B - never ridden on a track
    2. Desmo
    3. Carl
    4. Cleveland
    5. Vance
    6. Purpgixxerchic
    7. Green_ZX7R
    8. JoeCode
    9. Mista Black(a few track days... i hold my own)
    10. Wolf-R1
    11. GSXR-ATW
    12. R1blue01 (former MRA racer, a few years back.)
    13. JustinCO
    14. bandido
    15. jeaven
    16. Wahooman
    17. Filo - Multiple track days, old MRA license. Medium speed.
    18. Hawke
    19. Rick T.
    20. Marilou
    21. Princess
    22. Gramps (if he hasn't moved yet)
    23. Boy Scout
    24. Bueller
    25. T-Byrd
    26. Dub
    27 & 28. 2 co-workers of Canucks ( they are supose to be joining the club this week) If not I will remove there names.
    29. Buddau AKA Rich AKA 435
    30. Hunter68D-few track days
    31. Dan Audette 918
    32. Scott
    33. Sarah
    34. Tommy (track junky - interested in getting MRA license)

(INSTRUCTORS)

1. Hoopty
    2. Ebazyl
    3. Lurch
    4. Spiderman
    5. Devil954
    6. jplracer
    7. zx6er

(SUPPORT)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy";p="212388
    Going to sign up for this. Hopefully I am in CO by then. If not, then consider it a donation to the club.
    This guy will make friends fast

Hope you make it here in time. This should be alot of fun.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck";p="212382
    Glycol based coolant is allowable, though not recommended.
    I believe that they do want to see 'Full zipper' connections.
    If for any reason you start to lose the coolant on the track it's very slippery and could cause us to lose a bit of time while it has to be cleaned up. Just run distilled or de-ionized water and Water Wetter. Of course you'll have to make sure and put something with glycol back in for the winter or you'll find youself with holes in your rad.
    Track fiend.

Not yet fast enough to race.

In case some of you missed the earlier post on this thread -

You can rent leathers from

www.kneedraggers.com

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy4Rider";p="212378
    [ Any chance you tell your work that you have an "obligation" that day and need the day off?
    unfortunately it does not work that way when you are a pilot. . But after I get my bid results on the 26th, perhaps you will have a extra spot or someone will cancel that I can take. I will try and bid a line that has that time off, but with bidding for racing, it makes it very difficult .

I will just have to wait and see I guess.
    Christopher MRA 915
    02 GSXR 750 (first racer)
    04 R1 (current racer)
    02 VTX 1800R (gone)
    02 Shawdow 750 (gone)
    05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

Well good luck getting that day off and joining us!
    Track fiend.

Not yet fast enough to race.

Board Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy4Rider";p="212389
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy";p="212388
    This guy will make friends fast

Hope you make it here in time. This should be alot of fun.
    Thansk. Just don't let the fact that I know Hoppty be held against me

unfortunately it does not work that way when you are a pilot. . But after I get my bid results on the 26th, perhaps you will have a extra spot or someone will cancel that I can take. I will try and bid a line that has that time off, but with bidding for racing, it makes it very difficult .

If I am not moved out to CO by then, you can have my slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="212405

Shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure we can work it out once you know what your schedule is.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy";p="212411
    Thansk. Just don't let the fact that I know Hoppty be held against me
    you just lost all the points you had gathered... :sigh:
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

I feel like I'm hijacking this thread, since it seems as though it's already been decided that MRA certification would not be available, but I said I'd look into it and get back to everybody with the information.

For those of you that are/were interested in getting your MRA certification out of this, I spoke to Ricky Orlando late yesterday.

He is available for our track day, and is willing to work around our schedule. He said his preference would be to work with the (MRA cert) group from start to finish. I've gone through this thread and counted 5 people who have expressed an interest in getting their MRA license (scott72673, Vance, purpgixxerchic, R1Blue01, Rich) - if I've missed anybody, I apologize.

Normally Ricky charges $275 per person to give a MRA certification class. For this event, he said he'd drop the price to $200. He added that he should be able to drop the price a bit more if we got closer to 10 people interested. Ricky will personally handle no more than 5 students, so if more were interested, he would have to bring an additional instructor, but that wouldn't change the costs mentioned above.

EDIT: Ricky's price is over and above the cost required to participate in this track day event.

THREAD JACKER!!!

thanks for the effort and info for those interested bob; again, you da man
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="212485
    I feel like I'm hijacking this thread, since it seems as though it's already been decided that MRA certification would not be available, but I said I'd look into it and get back to everybody with the information.

For those of you that are/were interested in getting your MRA certification out of this, I spoke to Ricky Orlando late yesterday.

He is available for our track day, and is willing to work around our schedule. He said his preference would be to work with the (MRA cert) group from start to finish. I've gone through this thread and counted 5 people who have expressed an interest in getting their MRA license (scott72673, Vance, purpgixxerchic, R1Blue01, Rich) - if I've missed anybody, I apologize.

Normally Ricky charges $275 per person to give a MRA certification class. For this event, he said he'd drop the price to $200. He added that he should be able to drop the price a bit more if we got closer to 10 people interested. Ricky will personally handle no more than 5 students, so if more were interested, he would have to bring an additional instructor, but that wouldn't change the costs mentioned above.

EDIT: Ricky's price is over and above the cost required to participate in this track day event.
    I'd still be game. So we'd be looking at $250 instead of $325. I can live with that.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="212485

If Ricky is working with the MRA cert. group from start to finish. How much track time does he need vs. classroom time and while his group is on the track, will the rest of us have to be sidelined or can he do his track time simoultaniously. I would hate to be the n00b that gets in the way of someone trying to get their MRA license and causes them to wipe out.

I just want to make sure that the logistics work out here. You have to remember that the bulk of the group here are less-experienced riders/racers that just want to learn some new skills/improve their existing skills and hang out with other club members (while ditching work) and have fun!

I understand that there may be stricter guidelines/requirements for the certification group and I don't want anyone to feel as though that will take priority or influence the rest of the group.

I think its great that you've set this up and I think its great if we can accomodate everybody. The other thing that we need to find out is this. If Ricky comes and does an actual "Race School" for the cert. people, will SCR still let this fall under their insurance or are they going to charge us the additional $500. If we become responsible for the insurance, are just the cert. people going to cover that or do we all need to cover that.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy4Rider";p="212492
    If Ricky is working with the MRA cert. group from start to finish. How much track time does he need vs. classroom time and while his group is on the track, will the rest of us have to be sidelined or can he do his track time simoultaniously. I would hate to be the n00b that gets in the way of someone trying to get their MRA license and causes them to wipe out.
    I'd have to check to be sure, but I don't think Ricky's group would need exclusive access to the track. Also, his program takes 5 hours to complete, and he'd like to start first thing in the morning.

I understand that there may be stricter guidelines/requirements for the certification group and I don't want anyone to feel as though that will take priority or influence the rest of the group.
    I agree.

I think its great that you've set this up and I think its great if we can accomodate everybody. The other thing that we need to find out is this. If Ricky comes and does an actual "Race School" for the cert. people, will SCR still let this fall under their insurance or are they going to charge us the additional $500. If we become responsible for the insurance, are just the cert. people going to cover that or do we all need to cover that.
    i would think just the cert people would be covering that. it's their activity that's making it required... assuming it is
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Board Newbie

New member here. Just moved back to Denver from Houston where I have done several track days and would like to be involved in this one. I would classify myself in the second group (Occasional track experience).
    I think I missed in the post what the cost is going to be and who I send payment to for entry.

Thanks for any help with getting signed up for this event.

Scott M
    2003 CBR 600rr