Thread: Cottonwood Pass - Is AMAZING!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Cottonwood Pass - Is AMAZING!

Hi all,
    I just got back last night. I went to Gunnison over Monarch, which was awesome, (no ice in the shady spots and newly paved sweet road and turns). Parts of the hill are brilliant yellow and wonderful to see.

Did some family business off of Taylor River and came home through Taylor Canyon and over Cottonwood pass into Buena Vista. I must say it was phenomenal.

Anyone who knows that road, knows it's paved to the top from Buena, but the Taylor side can be a pain.

It was grated, and very few washboards, although some of the snake turns were wicked and bounced me around quite a bit. Oiled as well, so no to very little dust. There were at least 15 dirt bikes coming into Taylor that passed me as I was headed into Bueneee and about 6 touring guys that I saw on the road. One guy followed me on a Touring bike with a small trailer that he towed. (yea...screw that)...but I made sure he was okay to the top. There are still some deep ruts where the water "can" run, but it was dry and nice.

Ride it with caution, or long legs and it's fine. (Caution I have. Long legs...not so much)

Point is...the colors are amazing, the water on Rainbow Lake and on Taylor Lake is like glass, the mountains are truly Purple Mountains Majesty against all of the colors.

Do it if you can while the gettin' is good. I had the best time and I am soooo thankful that I did it.
    Last edited by 64BonnieLass; Mon Sep 26th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street