Thread: 1w lazzzzzerssssss

1w lazzzzzerssssss

http://wickedlasers.com/lasers/S3_Kr...es-113-63.html

Over 8000 times brighter than the sun. Introducing the world's brightest laser you can legally own.

Under review by Guinness World records, the Spyder 3 Krypton is the world's brightest handheld laser. Our Earth's atmosphere ends at 62 miles but the Krypton, goes beyond as it breaks through our atmosphere, into outer space. With it's intergalactic range of 85 miles, the S3 Krypton is the first and only handheld laser visible from outer space.

Directly viewing the dot of a the Krypton 1W laser (86 million lux) will appear over 8,000 times brighter than looking directly at the sun. Safety goggles are a must.

The human eye perceives pure green light than red, blue, and purple light respectively. If you enjoyed wielding the awesome power of the S3 Arctic, then you'll want the S3 Krypton the most visible handheld laser on Earth, in your hands.

It's tempting to buy one of these before they (probably) become illegal.

Re: 1w lazzzzzerssssss

Considering it says you can't use it as a pointer because it'll blind people (and animals) and it won't burn shit like other real lasers you can buy what's the point?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

to blind the people in the Space Station... Duh... You're such a buzzkill Ghost....

Anyway, ordered a "Core", the cheapest 5mw one, for use in the office. Been meaning to get a pointer for teaching classes.... Thanks for the link Clovis! I also love the Arctic blue lazer, that's just schweet.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

$999.95...I think I will pass
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Light sabers shouldn't be to far behind now.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

I love wicked lasers.com. A family member has one. and we use to cut through elec tape all the time. Pop balloons, etc...

The cheaper ones are fun to play with.

They have an awesome flashlight too.

Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I want 1 so I can mount it rearward so the next time some douche is riding my bumper I have a surprise for him.......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Really, is there any practical use for one of
    these, for a civilian, or is it just a very
    expensive toy?
    "My God, it's full of stars!"

Quote Originally Posted by FZRACE97 View Post
    Really, is there any practical use for one of
    these, for a civilian, or is it just a very
    expensive toy?
    See above comment for practical use.......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Just a very expensive toy. All though you can use them for Astronomy (to point out objects)... however the manual says not to (don't want to blind astronauts or damage satellites).

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    See above comment for practical use.......
    So its practical use is getting the shit sued out of you for blinding someone on the road?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So its practical use is getting the shit sued out of you for blinding someone on the road?
    If it works fast enough, he can't get a plate#! Besides, I'm pretty sure it's not instant blindness. Hell, I'm sure the arc of a welder is brighter, and that'll not cause permanent damage if you don't starre at it.
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Tue Sep 27th, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    If it works fast enough, he can't get a plate#! Besides, I'm pretty sure it's not instant blindness. Hell, I'm sure the arc of a welder is brighter, and that'll not cause permanent damage if you don't starre at it.
    No but it can fuck with your brain and it can disorient the hell out of you. I've seen people throw up from welding for too long and it's not from the fumes.

Thought these lasers were cool until I read this article.

DENVER - Anything that puts a pilot in jeopardy puts passengers at risk too and two recent incidents are highlighting concerns about a growing danger hitting the Denver skies. Last week, a United Airlines pilot was on his way to Los Angeles from Denver when just 10 miles southeast of the Rocky Mountain Metro Airport in Broomfield he called the FAA saying a green laser had been shined in his cockpit.
    About an hour later, a second pilot flying a small private plane about five miles from the Arapahoe County Airport in Centennial reported a laser in the cockpit.
    Per standard procedure, the incidents were reported to the FAA who reported them to local law enforcement, however; with an elevation of several thousand feet, pinpointing the location of where the laser came from on the ground is nearly impossible.
    "Finding the person who did this is like finding a needle in a haystack," FBI spokesman Dave Jolly said.
    The FBI says because neither pilot was harmed they will not actively investigate the incidents however they do keep the information on hand in case they receive a tip or lead.
    Investigators have had success making arrests in some laser incidents but they came from more low-flying planes and helicopters that were able to spot and track the perpetrators.
    Although the FAA has had no record of a crash due to a laser incident, aviation experts say because of the distraction and disorientation a laser may cause, it is completely possible.
    "One of the things that happens at large airports where you have a high density of traffic is if you have this temporary blindness, if the pilot isn't able to see out the window, or even see his instruments during critical phase of flight - that can pose an issue because they may not see another airplane coming across their path or they may misread their instruments," 9NEWS Aviation Expert Greg Feith said.
    In addition to safety risks to the plane and passengers, pilots' vision is also at risk. The FAA has received several reports of damage to pilots' vision due to laser incidents.
    The latest incidents in Denver highlight concerns about the growing security threat.
    In January, the Federal Aviation Administration reported a record number of nationwide reports of lasers pointed at aircraft in 2010. That number was 2,800 and had almost doubled from the previous year.
    In 2010, Denver International Airport and other metro area airports reported 38 laser incidents. So far this year, that number has jumped to 43.
    The FAA says it believes the number of incidents is growing because of three things: more pilots are reporting the incidents since the FAA first started keeping track in 2005, cheap laser devices are more readily available, and because there is little to no regulation of lasers, more powerful lasers are available online.
    The red, handheld, five to 20 milliwatt lasers often used as pointers in presentations are not powerful enough to reach planes. The FAA's concern is the shorter wavelength lasers, demonstrated by their colors, blue and green that are available for a few hundred dollars online.
    Some of those lasers shine up to 1,000 milliwatts and can light a match from 2 to 3 feet away or shine up to 4 miles in the sky.
    Although there is little regulation when it comes to the sale of powerful lasers, it is illegal in most states to shine a laser at an airplane. It is also federal offense and is often prosecuted as interference with a flight crew.
    The crime can carry a penalty of up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Weak sauce....I've been building kilowatt to megawatt lasers for the past decade. lol.....these are still a blast to play with though.
    aka Zane aka The Quiet One
    Silver & Black 2000 RSV Mille (Giada)
    ITALIAN RED 2002 VFR800 (Natasha) - sold

*** NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY, THERE IS SEX IN "THE PURPLE ROOM" ***