Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $7k awarded at $5 a month

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: $7k awarded at $5 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    A

motherfucking

MEN

Gestapo branch of the state government. You WILL go to jail for 120 days for failure to pay support whether you have the means or not. I have been threatened with this EVERY time I have changed jobs in Colorado. They monitor your employers. The moment you are no longer working from them you get the KGB treatment. Letters threatening jail, loss of your drivers license, wage garnishement, you name it. All within 1 week. Fuckers.
    Yep, and other men I know will say the same thing. But don't tell that to Snowman, he won't believe it just because it didn't happen to him because he doesn't have kids......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

While I don't agree with how far they go with it now, my dad is one of the reasons they do go that far.

He didn't pay child support for almost 10 years for either me or my sister, and when they finally started garnishing his wages, he filed for bankruptcy to clear up the back child support he owed my mom (tens of thousands by that time).

He also didn't pay the alimony he was supposed to pay, even though he literally made my mom quit school to get married.

Mom managed to go back to school for her B.S. while supporting my sister and I and living on a secretary's wages.

Now for the haters:
    Yes he made a decent salary, paid firefighter.
    Yes I've seen the paperwork to prove the bankruptcy and the back child support owed.
    Yes he's admitted he made her quit college (she was a junior at the time).
    Last edited by Wrider; Tue Sep 27th, 2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Adding details, formatting

When you don't pay rent, that's a business deal gone bad, period.

When you don't pay to feed & put clothes on the child you created, it's your responsibility, and you are negligent if you don't.

If the laws prevent deadbeats from not paying to support their kids, then I'll gladly let my taxes go to locking up those that don't.

If you don't want to pay for your kid, don't have one--simple.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

dude, i'm with you 100%

About 8 years ago i had some kids break into my vehicle...stole my stuff...then they got caught with it and arrested the next morning.

They were forced to pay the restitution for my vehicle damages in the amount of about 2500 bucks. The monthly charge for them...2 dollars

Ended up claiming it under home owners insurance and they are now paying the insurance company instead.

Completely retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    When you don't pay rent, that's a business deal gone bad, period.
    Bullshit. It's theft plain and simple.

Walk out of Lowes with a cart full of goods you haven't paid for and go to jail. Walk out with a cart full but promise to pay for them later, don't, and it's just a deal gone bad?

Fuck that
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    Bullshit. It's theft plain and simple.

Walk out of Lowes with a cart full of goods you haven't paid for and go to jail. Walk out with a cart full but promise to pay for them later, don't, and it's just a deal gone bad?

Fuck that
    The landlord chose poorly, took a bad risk, let it go way too long and got burned.

I'm not paying my taxes to cover her bad bet--which won't get the money back anyway.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

[/QUOTE]Yep, and other men I know will say the same thing. But don't tell that to Snowman, he won't believe it just because it didn't happen to him because he doesn't have kids...... [/QUOTE]What the Fuck Frank? I keep out of this and you go and bring this shit up because I was responsible enough not to knock up every chic that would sleep with me?

Dude, you made your kids with those you choose to sleep with, now man up to the responsibility, and that includes being a grown up with how you deal with their mother. Unless you're screaming rape here.

Love ya man...

And Mel...
    You don't go deleting your posts and editing my when it is convent for you...
    Last edited by Snowman; Tue Sep 27th, 2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: admin moderation

MRA Racer No.427

Yep, and other men I know will say the same thing. But don't tell that to Snowman, he won't believe it just because it didn't happen to him because he doesn't have kids...... [/QUOTE]What the Fuck Frank? I keep out of this and you go and bring this shit up because I was responsible enough not to knock up every chic that would sleep with me?
    That would be, like, 1 anyways, right?

Dude, you made your kids with those you choose to sleep with, now man up to the responsibility, and that includes being a grown up with how you deal with their mother. Unless you're screaming rape here.
    No, as both Dana and I pointed out, the measures are too extreme for people that ARE responsible, unlike the TRUE deadbeats (both men AND women). I was laid off, was trying to survive on only about $550/mo (didn't even cover rent) while racking up credit card debt trying to survive and they were still f-ing with me constantly. If I was one of these people who DID skip in the past, fine, but Dana and I, and many, many thousands of fathers out there, aren't. And here's one for you: I'm paying almost 80% of the "percieved" cost of all my daughter's expenses (grossly exagerated, not even close to realistic but simply a ratio of her salary to mine - and she chose to stay at home to boot), yet am seeing her about 5% of the time. And, both of them get to live in houses while I make THEIR rent payment for them.......while I'll never hope to live in anything but a 1-br apt for the rest of my life. Yeah, THAT'S fair.

Question, why didn't you respond to Dana's post saying the same thing? what, you believe him (saying the same thing), but not me???

Love ya man...

You don't go editing my posts when it is convent for you Mel...[/QUOTE]
    You too......in spite of the fact you ride a Honduh......
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Tue Sep 27th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    While I don't agree with how far they go with it now, my dad is one of the reasons they do go that far.

He didn't pay child support for almost 10 years for either me or my sister, and when they finally started garnishing his wages, he filed for bankruptcy to clear up the back child support he owed my mom (tens of thousands by that time).

He also didn't pay the alimony he was supposed to pay, even though he literally made my mom quit school to get married.

Mom managed to go back to school for her B.S. while supporting my sister and I and living on a secretary's wages.

Now for the haters:
    Yes he made a decent salary, paid firefighter.
    Yes I've seen the paperwork to prove the bankruptcy and the back child support owed.
    Yes he's admitted he made her quit college (she was a junior at the time).
    Dunno what your talking about here, because you CANNOT do that, at least now, and honestly, I think that was ALWAYS exempt from bankruptcy, like paying taxes.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Back on topic:

Years ago, I had a drunk, out on parole no less, hit my car, then when we pulled over and I didn't buy him wanting to just hand me some cash, I got back to my car to get something to write his license down with......he took off running.....then went home and called the car in stolen. The funnist part was when the cops came, told me it had just been reported stolen (about 15 min AFTER he hit me), they told him they found it abandoned and offered to give him a ride in the back to get it. He showed up in the back of the car, I then ID'd him as the driver, and man, the look on his face was PRICELESS! Well, he was drunk, and when they got him out of the car he was combative, so they wrestled him down, gave him a hit&run, DUI, resisting arrest, assault on an officer, possession of weed, found out he was on parole (which he'd now just totally violated), and sent him back to the big house. Short story: While I got a laugh out of the douchebag (Dumbest Criminals in real life), I still had to cover my hit&run deductable of $250 to get my car fixed. If dey ain't got no money's, you cain't collect no money's. Sad, but.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Dunno what your talking about here, because you CANNOT do that, at least now, and honestly, I think that was ALWAYS exempt from bankruptcy, like paying taxes.
    Dunno, but this was mid 90s. And I've seen the paperwork.

Walk out with a cart full but promise to pay for them later, don't, and it's just a deal gone bad?
    I'm pretty sure you can do this. Most big retailers offer you the option to pay with a new credit card, "Open a Lowes credit account today and save 10%". Don't pay the card, they can send you to collections or file a civil suit, maybe your stuff gets repo'd. But it's not theft.

How much do you want to bet the now evicted tenants drive a late model car, have a big screen tv and the latest smartphone.

That ruling is utter BS and slap to your aunts face.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Dunno, but this was mid 90s. And I've seen the paperwork.
    Saying he successfully filed bankruptcy and got out of CS arrears? If you can, please find out. I thought it was always exempted, I know for a fact it is now.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

How about you let corporate America take care of itself? Hit up one of those organizations that will take your "structured settlement" and give you cash now? I'm sure you've seen the commercials. http://www.peachtreefinancial.com/

Let them cut your aunt a check, minus their cut, even if it's $1000 (unlikely) you sitll get something, and then these guys can go to town doing what they do best, pestering and collecting from those scum ripped your aunt off. You get cash now, and some other *hole, with a lot more resources, gets the pleasure of pestering these people for life.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    Tinkern has it right, start sending these deadbeats to jail. I would rather spend money to keep them locked up than have to spend money dealing with them everyday.

Really? You would rather spend YOUR money, or is it you would rather spend OPM (other people's money) i.e. the taxpayer's money, to house these people? I think if you are willing to pay the roughly $50 per day it takes to house these people, you should be allowed to do it! I think if you want the taxpayers (me) to house these people, you should be laughed at out loud!
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    Really? You would rather spend YOUR money, or is it you would rather spend OPM (other people's money) i.e. the taxpayer's money, to house these people? I think if you are willing to pay the roughly $50 per day it takes to house these people, you should be allowed to do it! I think if you want the taxpayers (me) to house these people, you should be laughed at out loud!
    +1000 SRSLY

Debtor's prisons were outlawed many, many years ago.....and for good reason. Why should child support debt be any different from owing a credit card company? A credit card company cannot circumvent due process of law and start putting leins on everything without going to court, taking 65% of your after-tax salary, take your license or professional license (thereby preventing you from being able to work), take your tax return, clean out your bank account, etc., etc., etc.

Dumbest........Idea......Ever.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

That's rediculous to make someone wait 116 years for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    If there were REAL consequences then maybe the shit wouldn't happen so much.

"the guy didn't hold up MY convenient store so DON'T spend MY tax dollars to incarcerate the SOB"

Write bad checks, go to jail. Don't write a check and just fail to pay and it's a "deal gone bad".
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Saying he successfully filed bankruptcy and got out of CS arrears? If you can, please find out. I thought it was always exempted, I know for a fact it is now.
    See posting stuff like this is why people think you are trying to get out of paying child support...
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I got to agree with some here. I don't want my money being spent to house someone that did not pay rent.

Write a bad check and go to jail, yep that too is stupid. Don't pay child support and go to jail, again a very stupid idea that doe snot benefit anyone. (You can not make money, well much money in prison to pay a debt...so what is the point???)

Better yet, do it like many many other countries don't pay you get legs broken, maybe your life taken. No one misses you because well they knew you were a deadbeat that could have avoided everything by either not taken the loan, or by paying it back like you said you would.

Didn’t expect this to get to child support, but I will add something on that from my experience!

All I can say is being a kid from a divorced family that had a father that did not pay child support sucked! My mom was a school teacher and even though she did what she could it was hard being so poor. For years I thought all people went to thrift stores for their clothes, and even when I got older it was about Kmart and their layaway plan. Other friends had cool bikes like GT’s, Dyno’s, Diamond Backs, etc and I had the Kmart special (that was constantly teased). My dad has his “new” family and they had the stuff I didn’t and even to this day now that I am closer with my dad, it still makes me wonder how he was able to ignore paying child support when he knew we struggled so much; think sometimes divorced parents forget their fighting, getting even, etc hurts the kid(s) too, if not more.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Write a bad check and go to jail, yep that too is stupid. Don't pay child support and go to jail, again a very stupid idea that doe snot benefit anyone. (You can not make money, well much money in prison to pay a debt...so what is the point???)
    you say that until you are the one who receives the bad check.

anyone care to remember that the reason the current economy sucks fucking sweaty nuts is because of people and companies getting over extended and not paying their debts? This place is turning into Europe.

CM - pay your support
    Last edited by TinkerinWstuff; Wed Sep 28th, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

1999 DR650SE

This place is turning into Europe.
    Except without the healthcare, the long vacations, shorter work weeks, higher education standards...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson