Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "New" 2012 CBR 600 RR...looks like an F2

Re: "New" 2012 CBR 600 RR...looks like an F2

love the comments on the video.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And they're still making the VFR 800...for whatever reason...

But I'm not sure what you mean "for comparison", you mean the 1200 is newer in design?
    I just read a recent comparo between those 2, the Triumph, and the Multistrada......and the Connie won again. They all play in the same market. Hell, if I was in the market for something like that, I'd most likely pick the Connie (God, did I just say that???)......and paint it Kawi Green!
    Last edited by CYCLE_MONKEY; Tue Sep 27th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by BC14 View Post
    Don't get me started on the VFR1200 VS. the other ST bikes... Way overpriced for what you get, for one.

/end thread jack. My bad
    Don't let Gary hear you talkin' dat' smack!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

And they're still making the VFR 800...for whatever reason...
    Probably because they continue to sell.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Don't let Gary hear you talkin' dat' smack!
    He got a solid price on his. We've had this discussion.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

do believe all sport bikes will cont' to sell as well

I really dig that color scheme...
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

really neat how it is somewhat a recycled color scheme...

white rims is a nice touch... but be ready for them being dirty all the time!

He got a solid price on his. We've had this discussion.
    He really likes it. I asked him whe he had that Ninja if he'd rather have that compared to the VFR, and he said he liked the VFR better. Me, I'd be more inclined to get a Connie if that was what I wanted.......assuming I could get it in Kawi green.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

He really likes it. I asked him whe he had that Ninja if he'd rather have that compared to the VFR, and he said he liked the VFR better. Me, I'd be more inclined to get a Connie if that was what I wanted.......assuming I could get it in Kawi green.
    You can paint a bike whatever color you want. The connie demographic doesn't seem the type to want a neon green. Yes, the VFR1200 is a nice bike, but not "worth" the 15k asking price for what you get, or don't, imo.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

I like the new CBR but not so hot about the red and white....

Just for the record the VFR800 was last built in 2009. There probably are new ones still in the showroom but they are 09 or older

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Just for the record the VFR800 was last built in 2009. There probably are new ones still in the showroom but they are 09 or older
    Yeah, but there must be a TON of them still out there, as Honda's corporate website still lists the 2009 models as one of their "current" ones that you can get to from the main banner (under "sport"):

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/interceptor.aspx
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Short Blurb

MotorcycleUSA: 2012 Honda CBR600RR First Look

Back again with new colors and no major refinements, the 2012 Honda CBR600RR hopes its combination of light weight, midrange power and excellent handling will be enough to entertain consumers for another year.

There isn’t a whole lot to report from the Honda camp regarding the 2012 Honda CBR600RR. While we really enjoy this motorcycle and it has proven to be a solid performer in our annual Supersport Shootout (it finished runner-up in 2011), the motorcycle hasn’t seen many significant upgrades in recent years. The status quo remains for 2012 as the biggest news surrounding the CBR600RR is a new Red/White color way ($150 extra) that features white wheels. This is a throwback of sorts to the popular CBR600F2 which always seemed to sport the white-wheeled look in its heyday.

The 2012 Honda CBR600RR will be available in dealerships in December, 2011 with an MSRP of $11,540 for the black base model, $11,690 for the red/white base model and $12,540 for the C-ABS equipped version
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

2012 CBR 1000RR

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/625/11...vid=1581970414

Over the years the latest generation CBR1000RR has proven to be one of the best liter bikes we have tested at MotorcycleUSA.com, but knowing this is the 20th Anniversary of the original CBR900RR we were a little disappointed not to see more significant upgrades on Honda’s flagship sportbike. In our 2011 Superbike Smackdown the 1000RR finished runner-up to only the mighty BMW S1000R. It held off the challenge from Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM and Yamaha with one of the oldest designs in the class and a 150-horsepower engine with no traction control or variable engine mapping. Sure, it handles great, is very rider friendly and looks decent enough, if not a little subdued.

So, it would seem that addressing the dearth of power or technological gadgets might be on the table for the anniversary edition; instead, Honda opted to simply sharpen the tip of its spear. In these tough economic times, who can blame Big Red for taking the conservative approach? Instead of bitching about what we didn’t get, let’s take a look at what we did get.

Starting with the chassis, the 2012 Honda CBR1000RR now utilizes Big Piston Fork technology, complemented by Honda’s “Balance-Free Rear Shock.” Exactly what the new configuration brings to the table is being kept under wraps
    Most of the CBR's revisions are targeted toward its chassis with Big Piston Fork technology being added along with Honda's newly configured Balance-Free rear shock.
    until the upcoming press introduction of the new model. Stay tuned for a technical explanation of Balance-Free in the coming months. The CBR1000RR was never in contention for the class horsepower title, but the motorcycle has always been strong in the real world and is rider-friendly on the track thanks to its strong bottom-end and midrange-biased power delivery.

It doesn’t appear anything was done to the engine so we expect the new CBR to still churn out somewhere in the neighborhood of 153-horsepower and 78 lb-ft. of torque which keeps it right in the middle of the pack. What Honda has done historically is used an excellent chassis, confidence-inspiring handling and light weight to its advantage on both the street the track.

In our 2011 track test, the CBR1000RR won the coveted Superpole during our timed and controlled on-track session at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. AMA Superbike racer Steve Rapp edged out the BMW and Kawasaki to give the Honda top billing and the right to retain the coveted Superpole Cup for the third-consecutive year. Now, with revised suspension components we have to expect the CBR will handle even better, which will make it a more formidable opponent come testing time.

The 2012 CBR includes styling updates to give it a more aggressive look, particularly around the headlamps.
    Where the most conspicuous changes to the 2012 CBR1000RR come into play is in the styling department. New, aggressive bodywork - particularly the front cowling, combined with new 12-spoke wheels, gives the Honda a sporty facelift. The front fairing, especially around the headlamps, has been received with mixed reviews from the public when the bike first broke cover in Japan. You cannot argue that the new look gives the CBR an anime-quality that some riders seem to love or hate. The side panels leave much more of the engine cases exposed and have a distinct teardrop look that helps distinguish this model form the previous version. The dash appears to be revised as well, with a new multi-function racing-style LCD dash that replaces the more traditional unit found on the ’11 model.

The CBR1000RR continues to be offered as a C-ABS version, but significant upgrades like traction control, which now BMW, Kawasaki and Yamaha all offer, eluded the Honda this time around. With a base MSRP of $13,800 or $14,800 for the C-ABS model, the 2012 Honda CBR1000RR is only $400 more than last year’s bike. Plus, the Pearl White/Blue/Red version really stands out compared to the basic red or black schemes.
    Last edited by Ghost; Wed Sep 28th, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

You can paint a bike whatever color you want. The connie demographic doesn't seem the type to want a neon green. Yes, the VFR1200 is a nice bike, but not "worth" the 15k asking price for what you get, or don't, imo.
    I just think it'd be cool and different in the Kawi green. Isn't the connie around $14k?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I just think it'd be cool and different in the Kawi green. Isn't the connie around $14k?
    That sounds about right
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Sold
    Sold

Yeah, but there must be a TON of them still out there, as Honda's corporate website still lists the 2009 models as one of their "current" ones that you can get to from the main banner (under "sport"):

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/interceptor.aspx
    Just because it's a 2009 "model", doesn't mean they can't continue to manufacture that model in 2011. It also doesn't necessarily mean that there's a ton of them sitting in crates.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F