Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a newer bike. what do you think?

Re: Got a newer bike. what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterbass21 View Post
    yeah that was after a month and a half of doing canyon rides. I have been slabbing it for quite a while. I was also taking that corner on "SHHH dont tell on my stupidity" my gas tank. woops lol

easy mistake though.
    dont think I will be trying anything like that on the repsol for quite a while lol. gonna take a little bit of getting used to. the power is phenomenal. I love it.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

just think; you can get used to the bike, not worry about Melvin and any performance awards, killing yourself, or an M endorsement!
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

dont think I will be trying anything like that on the repsol for quite a while lol. gonna take a little bit of getting used to. the power is phenomenal. I love it.
    lets take it to CC Raceway this Sunday....

NAME IT MELVIN
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Congrats Jester! Now you has track bike as well! Oh, and go get your damn endorsement, will ya! Don't care about your work excuse, go make it happen. period.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

congrats on the bike!!!

ok guys I have a question now and maybe I should put this up on technical talk but. it has a stock steering "damper" stabilizer or whatever you call it. there are no adjustments on it. If I am cruising at 75 and take my hands off the grips it starts going into a tank slapper. I am pretty sure it is broken. anyone know how I could fix it without buying a new one? or is that the only way?

Just taking your hands off of the bars shouldn't cause a tank slapper.... X.x Might mean something else is wrong.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

ok guys I have a question now and maybe I should put this up on technical talk but. it has a stock steering "damper" stabilizer or whatever you call it. there are no adjustments on it. If I am cruising at 75 and take my hands off the grips it starts going into a tank slapper. I am pretty sure it is broken. anyone know how I could fix it without buying a new one? or is that the only way?
    Yeah, don't take your hands off at 75mph

I don't even have a dampner, but I don't think it would tank slap even; although I am not sure in the 15 years of riding sportbikes I have ever taken both hands off at 75mph or faster Sounds like a bigger issue to me if it does!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Pretty sure the Honda damper is electronically controlled and automatically adjusted based on speed?

How about you just dont shatter the posted speed limits and keep your hands on the grips? I realize thats probably crazy talk, but it was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    Pretty sure the Honda damper is electronically controlled and automatically adjusted based on speed?

How about you just dont shatter the posted speed limits and keep your hands on the grips? I realize thats probably crazy talk, but it was worth a shot.
    lol 75 is the posted speed limit on the interstate. plus I tried it at lower speeds too. not sure whats up maybe the wheel is outa balance but even so it shouldnt do that especially with a damper right?

Your front tire is probably shit.

Take it up to 150 and try it again, it should stabilize, that's just the bike trying to shake you off for not going fast enough...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

lol 75 is the posted speed limit on the interstate. plus I tried it at lower speeds too. not sure whats up maybe the wheel is outa balance but even so it shouldnt do that especially with a damper right?

Not necessarily. The last bike I had with a steering damper also had this tendency.

Has that bike been down before that you know of? God forbid, but your forks could be slightly bent or twisted, or your front wheel or tire may be shot like Bueller suggested.

I also recommend LMGTFY.com

the bike has very very very minimal road rash on the right side. no frame sliders so I figure it must have been dropped. nothing broken "cosmetically" I need to get these tires off anyway and get some q2's. maybe sooner than I thought lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Take it up to 150 and try it again, it should stabilize, that's just the bike trying to shake you off for not going fast enough...
    you think 150 will cure it? so if I just stay above 150 I will be fine? cool I will try it. let me guess make sure I have the go pro on right?

you think 150 will cure it? so if I just stay above 150 I will be fine? cool I will try it. let me guess make sure I have the go pro on right?
    Yes to everything.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yes to everything.
    ha ha ha ha ok I will try later today. if it works I will just tell the cops that if I go any slower my bike shakes that should be ok right?

Ok, go by a cop going over 75mph with no hands on the bars and see if it is legal....reckless driving ticket!!!!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

ha ha ha ha ok I will try later today. if it works I will just tell the cops that if I go any slower my bike shakes that should be ok right?
    Yes, but without your chaperone you shouldn't stop to tell them anything or they'll see you don't have your 'M' endorsement, so I'd suggest staying at 150 until they see you, then topping it out and running as fast as you can...it's a liter bike, you should be fine.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Ok, go by a cop going over 75mph with no hands on the bars and see if it is legal....reckless driving ticket!!!!
    ok ok I get it both hands on the bars geese. lol at least the time I did it I found something that could be detrimental to my health later on lol.

O.M.G. this is hilarious CSC at its finest. take a thread about my bike and turn it into a thread about how horrible a rider I am. I love it. when we are getting our stickers can I get one of the C.S.C we know drama stickers please? LMAO

Yea ,,,its a new steed..Gotta brk it in. Show the bike whose boss. But seriously have the damper look at. It should not wobble at all...

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Yea ,,,its a new steed..Gotta brk it in. Show the bike whose boss. But seriously have the damper look at. It should not wobble at all...
    thanks. I got an appt tuesday to get it looked at again. good thing I got the extended warranty on it. lol