Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a newer bike. what do you think?

Re: Got a newer bike. what do you think?

O.M.G. this is hilarious CSC at its finest. take a thread about my bike and turn it into a thread about how horrible a rider I am. I love it. LMAO
    its' something that helps pass the day at work....i got in at 12 already did 20 mins of work....took a brk and here i is.....

good thing I got the extended warranty on it.
    you da Melvin Conquerer...

+1 to worn tire(s).

Honda actually put out a service bulletin a few years back regarding the VTX cruisers (maybe it was the Gold Wings, but doesn't matter) to address owner complaints that the bike would shake violently when they took their hands off the handlebars.

Honda's response - they're called handlebars for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterbass21 View Post
    O.M.G. this is hilarious CSC at its finest. take a thread about my bike and turn it into a thread about how horrible a rider I am. I love it. when we are getting our stickers can I get one of the C.S.C we know drama stickers please? LMAO
    You have to understand that some of the old timers on the board have seen so many riders come along, get a bike over their experience, then crash it and get hurt or die. I've seen it personally from a friend on this board that broke his back. Sportbikes are not a game and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes it is tough love man because we have been through it!

If I have to go to another CSC member's funeral I will scream!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I have been on a 600cc for 15 years and never felt like I ran out of power on it; on or off the track.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    You have to understand that some of the old timers on the board have seen so many riders come along, get a bike over their experience, then crash it and get hurt or die. I've seen it personally from a friend on this board that broke his back. Sportbikes are not a game and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes it is tough love man because we have been through it!

Personally I have been on a 600cc for 15 years and never felt like I ran out of power on it; on or off the track.
    Agreed. No funerals attended thankfully, but Ive got 6 years of riding time and owned 4 bikes and never once felt the urge to buy a literbike. Just too many MORE ways to get yourself into trouble with that much power. And 6 years riding really isnt alot, much less a few months.

its his money and his life....best of luck to him to reign in that power and use it for the good of the thrill of power and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    its his money and his life....best of luck to him to reign in that power and use it for the good of the thrill of power and speed.
    thanks and I will. after I get all the kinks worked out of it. until then nice and easy

Sounds like you are already going to have it checked, but something doesn't sound right if it starts into a tank slapper. I haven't pulled both hands off at 75, but I have at probably 45 (adjusting things etc), and haven't had that experience. Can you feel any vibrations in your hands? It seems like you should be able to feel it in your hands, and or relax your grip almost all the way, and then can you feel it starting?
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Sounds like you are already going to have it checked, but something doesn't sound right if it starts into a tank slapper. I haven't pulled both hands off at 75, but I have at probably 45 (adjusting things etc), and haven't had that experience. Can you feel any vibrations in your hands? It seems like you should be able to feel it in your hands, and or relax your grip almost all the way, and then can you feel it starting?
    no its wierd no vibration in my hands leans well and everything. loose grip doesnt start. I took it on lunch a while ago and everytime I goose it pretty good whether I remove my hands from 35 and up it only does it if I remove my hands right when I let off the throttle. it starts small but the longer I leave my hands off the further the bars shake. and it wont straighten back out until I grab the handlebars again.

I have an appointment to get it looked at tuesday. I just dont wanna be into a turn and something happens ya know. All joking aside I do not have a death wish I may joke about it but I dont really. Its a nice bike I just need the little kinks worked out.

after I get all the kinks worked out of it. until then nice and easy
    Did you take it back to the place you bought it from? Hopefully they;ll fix that fer you.. You just got it...they should be good enuff to straighten out fer ya...

Its almost like it is doing it because I am taking my weight off the front end. does that make sense?

Did you take it back to the place you bought it from? Hopefully they;ll fix that fer you.. You just got it...they should be good enuff to straighten out fer ya...
    yeah thats where I have the appt on tuesday. they are gonna check that out and replace the battery for me.

man ......u figure since you just got if from them ....they would have it in right away not tuesday....

I remember first experiencing this on my Ninja 250 shortly after I got it. It had no damper of any kind. The stock tires were shit, and as soon as I got some Pirelli's on there, it was lessened. But I could take my hands off the bars without issue, especially when at high RPM and decelerating.

My bike now has the HESD, and that thing is rock solid at 100mph.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Its almost like it is doing it because I am taking my weight off the front end. does that make sense?
    Of course it does, because that's what causes it... Do it in 6th gear, then do it in 1st gear at the same speeds. Notice how it's lessened by the deceleration of 1st gear?

It could be caused by shit suspension too. Lack of tire contact is the problem.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

man ......u figure since you just got if from them ....they would have it in right away not tuesday....
    oh its not their fault they cant get it in its mine. My hours suck the only time I have away from work while they are open is tuesdays. they wanted me to bring it in today I just cant get away from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I remember first experiencing this on my Ninja 250 shortly after I got it. It had no damper of any kind. The stock tires were shit, and as soon as I got some Pirelli's on there, it was lessened. But I could take my hands off the bars without issue, especially when at high RPM and decelerating.

My bike now has the HESD, and that thing is rock solid at 100mph.
    This has the HESD on it too I was just wondering if that might be the problem. BTW TCC has the perelli diablo tires on special cheaper than the Q2's they are saying that the diablo's are better than the Q2's any insight on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Of course it does, because that's what causes it... Do it in 6th gear, then do it in 1st gear at the same speeds. Notice how it's lessened by the deceleration of 1st gear?

It could be caused by shit suspension too. Lack of tire contact is the problem.
    Well now I am wishing I would have tried this on my test ride and found all this out. lol probably wouldnt have bought it.

Well now I am wishing I would have tried this on my test ride and found all this out. lol probably wouldnt have bought it.
    I'm sure it's fixable... could be something as simple as tire age, or just the springs in the front suspension, or that the suspension is set incorrectly.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Preacherman.... No disrespect dude, but this is the US, right? Let him kill himself if he wants.... Also, I know Jester, he's a good dude. He needs no lecturing...

Jester, it's your tire. Bueller knows his stuff. I can confirm the same thing, and Brennahm confirmed it too. You shouldn't get a tank-slapper below 100mph no matter what you do on that bike, even without that steering dampner. You see any cupping or uneven wear on the tire?
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Preacherman.... No disrespect dude, but this is the US, right? Let him kill himself if he wants.... Also, I know Jester, he's a good dude. He needs no lecturing...

Jester, it's your tire. Bueller knows his stuff. I can confirm the same thing, and Brennahm confirmed it too. You shouldn't get a tank-slapper below 100mph no matter what you do on that bike, even without that steering dampner. You see any cupping or uneven wear on the tire?

I checked the tire and I find no cupping at all. I believe its the tire too. Not sure if its a bad tire or just bad balancing. if it comes to be a bad tire then I will definitely have them replace them. they shouldn't be able to sell it with bad tires anyway right? sooo. we will see. I dont wanna be an ass to them I just want what I paid for a good running bike that isnt more dangerous than it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Spooph View Post
    Fair enough And I never meant any disrespect either and if I caused him to be just a slight bit more cautious than I am happy for that.

I just still remember visiting my friend in the hospital when they told him his back was broken and thought "damn Nate, maybe you should have been harsher on him about getting that bike you knew was over his head"
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

oh its not their fault they cant get it in its mine. My hours suck the only time I have away from work while they are open is tuesdays. they wanted me to bring it in today I just cant get away from work.
    oh yeah....thats right, work.

This bike may be "over my head" right now. But I will get the hang of it. I go all out. Go big or go home. at 18 years old I was in charge on a multi million dollar aircraft. I was the kid that told the pilot the bird is safe to fly. last to touch it when it left and the first to touch it when it got back. I know limits I am used to them. I will push them and move them but very rarely pass them. I have lost 2 cousins to sportbikes. zx6r and a 600rr. and one cousin lost all use of his arm from a sportbike wreck on a 750. yes its unfortunate but I know people who have wrecked on 250's also. Just because a 1000 isnt for you doesnt mean its not for me. I am a big guy. pushing almost 300 lbs. (call it fat I call it not wanting to waste food) it takes a bit more for me to go. a bit more for me to get back up out of the corners too. I will not promise that I wont crash hell I wont promise I wont die but if you really want to help my odds buy me a god damn bell ha ha ha. (something I learned about 2 weekends ago)

-cracked skull from a dirt bike
    -hole in left ankle dirt on a corner 8 years old
    -road rash left arm first sport bike wreck on the IS

not saying any of it felt good but I am saying they dont scare me.

Now I say it..... Bring on the pain CSC. Tell me how dumb I am to get back up and ride. I know you want to judge me and I am ok with that but now you know a majority of the story

that'll learn ya next time, to take it up to 75 mph...You just saw the aesthetics and you were sold....But after this minor glitch is fix you'll wax it and stare .....