Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grim down....

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Grim down....

Well today I learned a hard lesson. Don't underestimate the power of your front break and just when you think you know what a car is going to do your wrong.

I was heading down 25 around 4:25 was in the far left lane on the right side of the lane about to change lanes so checked behind me all clear check my right side and there was a car in the right lane but had plenty of room for me to get over. begin to change lanes when the car in the lane I was going over too for whatever reason slams on his break and starts moving into my lane the car directly in front of me panics and slams his breaks leaving me trapped. I didn't have enough time or space between me and the car in front of me to lean to the left into the shoulder and no room to lane split so I grabbed the front brake. Giving the distance I had between me and the car I grabbed the brake too hard and too quick in a panic. End result the bike shot the rear end all the way up and shot me foreword onto the street I landed face first and the bike followed landing directly on my back. I looked up only to see the two cars take off which means there was no traffic jam that forced them to hit their brakes. With the bike lying on top of me I did a pushup to roll it off of my back and pushed it onto my leg. the people behind me stopped without hitting me thankfully and very kindly came over and removed the bike from my leg. As soon as it was off my leg I jumped up and pushed my bike onto the shoulder. Inspected my body and the bike the bike started right up and looked like all of the damage was cosmetic with the exception of my right foot peg was broken off. Everyone asked me if I was ok I said yes and they all got in their cars and drove off. Nobody called 911 or anything so I took a few deep breaths and rode home.

Upon getting closer to home is when the adrenaline wore off and when the pain set in. Left wrist is definitely sprained and my tailbone is bruised pretty good but that's it.

Motorcycle damage: broken mirror, both foot pegs broken, front fairing busted up pretty good, and tail fairing has a minor crack.

My helmet didnt get a single scratch on it jacket very minor damage, gloves took a huge impact and saved my hands, and knees had very minor scratches wore jeans I'm sure pants would have been much better.

All in all I got pretty lucky i know the outcome would have been much worst if I had hit either one of the cars. I'm not sure if I would have had enough room to stop if I hadn't grabbed the brake so hard but it was a split second thing and my reaction was to grab the brake quickly and get the bike to stop.

Sucks it happened but I know what I did wrong and I will learn from this incident. Going to take it easy get the bike fixed and will be back on two soon. I'm just glad I had gear and that the people behind me were being good drivers.

Re: Grim down....

Oh my god man that sucks I am sorry to hear that. we were all wondering why you didnt show up to the meet and greet I guess this is a damn good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterbass21 View Post
    damn good reason.
    ? the bike still worked

i keed. glad ur alright

Glad you're ok man. At what speeds was the traffic moving? That's pretty lucky that was all the damage there was.
    91 FZR 600
    82 Custom XV750

That fuckin sucks bro. Before the grim bashing begains I wanna say your a good rider and a good dude. If there is anything I can do to help out don't be affraid to ask.
    A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel.
    A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    My helmet didnt get a single scratch on it
    Sorry to hear. Might want to get a new helmet...

George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Glad you are ok. Good on you for gear.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Glad you are ok.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Sorry to hear grim. As previously stated, at least you're relatively ok. Take it easy and heal up man.
    Last edited by Jmetz; Sat Oct 1st, 2011 at 07:19 AM.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

damn man...glad you are "OK"...you will def get more sore in the coming days

Damn bro, glad it wasnt worse man. Get checked out by a doc man just to be safe
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I'm glad you're still with us!!

Gangsta shit! Sucks that neither of the cars looked back. Anytime I get pinched or jammed up one of the first things I do is check my rear view. Glad you are alive man...

Feather that front break a little more and you would have rolled out a perfect stoppie! Everyone would have shit their pants to watch someone avoid an accident like that

Put the $30 you owe me into your bike!

Edit: AND WEAR THE PANTS YOU BOUGHT FROM ME!!!!
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Sat Oct 1st, 2011 at 07:35 AM.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

OMG I'm glad you're ok! That sucks and those fuckers deserve an ass kicking.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Glad your alright,, take care
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Damn dude, that sucks! Hope you're back in the canyons soon! Sorry for the bad luck but glad you're alright!!!

Oi no good bro glad your ok, oi the traffic on 25 lately has been retarded and very odd, i almost had an rtd bus turn two lanes and slam into me by the 6 on ramp
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Thanks for the well wishes everyone my tailbone is feeling pretty sore today but i wrapped my wrist up last night and it feels better today. Here are some pics of the damage on my bike. They wont be there for long parts are already being sourced.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

I like how your signature line gets real-time updates!

I got nothin' beyond wishing you a speedy recovery (both physically and mechanically). Though the repairs look pretty straight forward, I'm totally down for comin' over and helping you wrench...even if that simply means sharing a couple of good brews and shootin' the breeze.

Seriously...I'd love to help.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

good to hear your ok! i hate the highways.... over caffeinated, distracted texters doing 70mph everywhere... very dangerous!

Thanks for sharin ur get-off in detail. We can all learn from each others experiences. It goes without saying but if u need a hand putting anything back together just holler. Glad ur in one piece brotha.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Glad you're OK!! Your wrist sounds like what I did to me ankle once, I was sure I had sprained it in a wreck but when I got up the next morning I was fine. I still saw the doctor but everything checked out

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post

Feather that front break a little more and you would have rolled out a perfect stoppie! Everyone would have shit their pants to watch someone avoid an accident like that
    On a funny note I did that once! Merging on to I25 the car ahead of me was accelerating to merge and I looked over my shoulder to find my space. When I looked ahead again the car had decided to stop at the end of the ramp. Hit the brakes and stopped with no problem, I didn't get that high so I didn't even realize what I was doing until I let off the brakes and the rear wheel came back down