Well today I learned a hard lesson. Don't underestimate the power of your front break and just when you think you know what a car is going to do your wrong.

I was heading down 25 around 4:25 was in the far left lane on the right side of the lane about to change lanes so checked behind me all clear check my right side and there was a car in the right lane but had plenty of room for me to get over. begin to change lanes when the car in the lane I was going over too for whatever reason slams on his break and starts moving into my lane the car directly in front of me panics and slams his breaks leaving me trapped. I didn't have enough time or space between me and the car in front of me to lean to the left into the shoulder and no room to lane split so I grabbed the front brake. Giving the distance I had between me and the car I grabbed the brake too hard and too quick in a panic. End result the bike shot the rear end all the way up and shot me foreword onto the street I landed face first and the bike followed landing directly on my back. I looked up only to see the two cars take off which means there was no traffic jam that forced them to hit their brakes. With the bike lying on top of me I did a pushup to roll it off of my back and pushed it onto my leg. the people behind me stopped without hitting me thankfully and very kindly came over and removed the bike from my leg. As soon as it was off my leg I jumped up and pushed my bike onto the shoulder. Inspected my body and the bike the bike started right up and looked like all of the damage was cosmetic with the exception of my right foot peg was broken off. Everyone asked me if I was ok I said yes and they all got in their cars and drove off. Nobody called 911 or anything so I took a few deep breaths and rode home.

Upon getting closer to home is when the adrenaline wore off and when the pain set in. Left wrist is definitely sprained and my tailbone is bruised pretty good but that's it.

Motorcycle damage: broken mirror, both foot pegs broken, front fairing busted up pretty good, and tail fairing has a minor crack.

My helmet didnt get a single scratch on it jacket very minor damage, gloves took a huge impact and saved my hands, and knees had very minor scratches wore jeans I'm sure pants would have been much better.

All in all I got pretty lucky i know the outcome would have been much worst if I had hit either one of the cars. I'm not sure if I would have had enough room to stop if I hadn't grabbed the brake so hard but it was a split second thing and my reaction was to grab the brake quickly and get the bike to stop.

Sucks it happened but I know what I did wrong and I will learn from this incident. Going to take it easy get the bike fixed and will be back on two soon. I'm just glad I had gear and that the people behind me were being good drivers.