Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

There was a small group of protesters, maybe a dozen or so, protesting outside the Plaza of the Rockies in downtown Colorado Springs. Most of the Wall Street firms in Colorado Springs have offices in this building or the immediate area.

Have you guys seen their "list of demands"? The demands are so bat shit crazy and over the top, my first reaction is it's someone having a little fun at their expense. But apparently...no... they're totally super serious, guys.

http://occupywallst.org/forum/propos...all-st-moveme/

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

Lloyd J Hart 508-687-9153

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

What the eff? Someone's been hitting the "medicinal herbs" a bit hard, I see.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

I agree with the ERA, but even I'm not bat shit crazy enough for all of these...
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

I can see PARTS of demands 1, 5, 6, 7, 10, and 13.
    8 has already gone overboard in my honest opinion. At this point "minority equality" is more like "minority more-than-equality". (And for what it's worth, I qualify as a minority, but choose not to "take advantage" of it.)

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

So stop all fossil fuel operations, and decom all nuclear power plants? What are you fucking stupid? Bring the alternative energy up to energy demand? These people obviously have no fucking idea what these two things entail and the actual reality of us needing them for a properly functioning economy is. The first person to say wind energy is the answer can give me their address so I can punch them in the face because it is not. A whole wind farm doesn't even produce a quarter of what a coal burning power station can!

I thought the whole minimum wage is $20 an hour and guaranteed income regardless of employment was particularly funny. Want to create a bunch of jobs? Don't force every small business on the planet to fire 3/4 of their low wage employees just because some stock room clerk needs to make 4x what he does now.

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

If you want a more in depth view of the individuals http://latf99p.com/

(soon to be dismissed due to the colorful commentary )

Boo hoo. I ran up $20k in debt to be a liberal arts major and work at Starbucks, but I want the Doctors who ran up $300k and more years to treat me for free.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

I think #4 and #11 are really on to something!

Fail...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

all debt forgiveness!? are you f'in kidding me...and I am someone with a decent amount of student loans...

what kind of message about responsibility and living within your means will this send?

these people are nuts

I want some government CHEESE

It's not just that. These people associate as debt holders as big evil corporations and banks.

But, consider this.

Chances are that your grand parents and parents are debt holders and rely on the interest paid from those debts for a substantial part of their income.

I'm talking of course about bonds and CDs.

What builds schools, hospitals, roads, utilities, water treatment, ect? That's right, bonds.

The demands are so bat shit stupid it almost hurts.

A living wage regardless of employment? So if you make the same (or close to it) not working compared to working... why work?

Free college... again, if you make the same by not working, why go to college?

$20 minimum wage? Oh please, can we has inflation?? PLEASE?? IT HAS TO BE FAIR!! Do they really think a loaf of bread that cost $2 now would still cost $2 when the lowest wages are suddenly tripled?

These people have no utter idea how ignorant they are.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    all debt forgiveness!? are you f'in kidding me...and I am someone with a decent amount of student loans...

what kind of message about responsibility and living within your means will this send?

these people are nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Free college... again, if you make the same by not working, why go to college?
    Education is a public good, every time someone is educated, it benefits us all. College IS NOT to make more money, people who think that shouldn't be in college, period. Educating everyone to their ability is worthwhile, China gets that.

Now I don't think everyone should go to college, but thinking that others being educated and making educated decisions every day, especially in a economy like ours, well why did it collapse in the first place? Oh that's right people making UNEDUCATED decisions about their housing loans, loans in general, and wall street trying to bank off those mistakes.
    Last edited by laspariahs; Tue Oct 4th, 2011 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    Education is a public good, every time someone is educated, it benefits us all. College IS NOT to make more money, people who think that shouldn't be in college, period. Educating everyone to their ability is worthwhile, China gets that.

Now I don't think everyone should go to college, but thinking that others being educated and making educated decisions every day, especially in a economy like ours, well why did it collapse in the first place? Oh that's right people making UNEDUCATED decisions about their housing loans, loans in general, and wall street trying to bank off those mistakes.
    Just because you're educated, doesn't mean you're smart. And I disagree, the point of higher education in general is to set yourself apart from someone else and gain skills to be more successful, ergo make more money. Forgive me if I don't see China as a beacon of societal balance either; regardless of their recent success gained by whoring their people out as the lowest bidder, they are a blatant example of the kind of oppressive shit this country was established to escape in the first place.

than sincere ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Just because you're educated, doesn't mean you're smart. And I disagree, the point of higher education in general is to set yourself apart from someone else and gain skills to be more successful, ergo make more money. Forgive me if I don't see China as a beacon of societal balance either; regardless of their recent success gained by whoring their people out as the lowest bidder, they are a blatant example of the kind of oppressive shit this country was established to escape in the first place.
    I used China, because we are the falling hegemony, and they are the rising hegemony, aka, our competition. Not because I wish to live there, quite the contrary, I like it here, and everything I said is directed to help the country I live in.

I don't think you need to go to college to be smart, I don't even think you need to go to college to be educated, note the difference, but I do think that going to college never hurt anyone, and I would be more than happy to have a VAT tax to send people who earned it, to go to college.

I would like to point out that we got here by being the lowest bidder and being the worlds producer as well, especially during WWII. We moved past it, and with the rising middle class in China, they will as well.

How do colleges rationalize their high tuition cost? "You'll make more money!"

And that's usually true, unless your degree is in something unmarketable such as theater.

Money may not be the sole reason to go to college but I can assure you, money is at the root of all the reasons.

The most obvious is a higher earning potential. Having a degree in a desirable field increases your marketability.

Less obvious are the soft benefits such as the people you meet in college. Think of all of the people that get a job because they knew so and so, or maybe you get a job because the person hiring went to the same school.

College serves as a great networking platform.

Regarding housing loans and loans in general. The amount of education needed to understand the terms of a loan can be taught at the high school level. The idea that people were taken advantage of is for the most part bull shit. It's easier to claim to be a victim then it is to own up.

How often have you heard of "gravel" on the road??

What do you want?

"We're not sure"

When do you want it?

"We want it now!"
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

This list of demands typifies the disconnect that has happened with people concerning cause and effect. These idiots have been free from the consequences of their own actions for their entire lives, and therefore fail to see that ANY ONE of their demands, if realized, would have absolutely disastrous end results. Police should not be arresting these douchebags on the Brooklyn Bridge, they should be tossing them over the side. At least then they'd be useful as fish food.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    This list of demands typifies the disconnect that has happened with people concerning cause and effect. These idiots have been free from the consequences of their own actions for their entire lives, and therefore fail to see that ANY ONE of their demands, if realized, would have absolutely disastrous end results. Police should not be arresting these douchebags on the Brooklyn Bridge, they should be tossing them over the side. At least then they'd be useful as fish food.
    How dare you promote water pollution! You are so out of touch man.

Won't somebody please think of the fishies!

I couldn't agree more.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

College IS NOT to make more money, people who think that shouldn't be in college, period. Educating everyone to their ability is worthwhile, China gets that.
    So I was wrong to go to college with the goal of getting a better job which would pay me more money?
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    And that's usually true, unless your degree is in something unmarketable such as theater.
    Or music.

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    So I was wrong to go to college with the goal of getting a better job which would pay me more money?
    yes...you paid lots of money for the self gratification of educating yourself