Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

Re: Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by jbnwc View Post
    Which of these things is in the Constitution?

free education
    guaranteed wages
    guaranteed job
    free healthcare
    guaranteed job w/benefits
    raiding private businesses
    right to attack other citizens
    freedom to destroy property
    freedom to occupy public or private property
    blockading roads
    freedom to defecate wherever you want

VERY LITTLE of what they do or are demanding the rest of us pay for is anywhere in our Constitution. I think they are in the wrong country.
    I believe you missed the point...

They have the right to protest for everything on that list without being threatened. You want to talk down these people do it on their points, not their lives.

MRA Racer No.427

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post

They have the right to protest for everything on that list without being threatened. You want to talk down these people do it on their points, not their lives.
    Im gonna occupy where you work so i can ride snowmobiles!!!

free education
    guaranteed wages
    guaranteed job
    free healthcare
    blockading roads

VERY LITTLE of what they do or are demanding the rest of us pay for is anywhere in our Constitution. I think they are in the wrong country.

"If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"
    -Samuel Adams

^^^^^ +1

The Occupy group is by far a group of takers that contributes nothing while demanding everything.

Their actions go way beyond Freedom of Speech.

For anyone that's lived in Colorado Springs since 2003, you may remember when the invasion of Iraq was building up, there was a large protest at Palmer Park.

They went from protesting to blockaiding Academy during rush hour. The police had to reroute traffic through the neighborhoods and eventually had to disperse the crowd in riot gear and pepper spray. One of the protesters had his child with him (I think around 5 years old) and complained that the kid got hit with some pepper spray. Geee, dad, maybe don't bring your kid to something like this and use him as a human shield?

Why is it that the left always resorts to douchebaggery whenever they don't get their way?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Im gonna occupy where you work so i can ride snowmobiles!!!
    That's right, they all run on JP5 and it's completely flat for 600 miles in any direction!

MRA Racer No.427

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

That's right, they all run on JP5 and it's completely flat for 600 miles in any direction!
    JP5 snowmobiles?? No shit?? That's pretty awesome considering they use JP5 in norfolk VA for the E-2's JP8 in Washington for the FA-18

You are using Jet fuel to power your snowmobile's so i have to ask...How fast do they go?

(obviously they dont go as fast as a jet)

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    JP5 snowmobiles?? No shit?? That's pretty awesome considering they use JP5 in norfolk VA for the E-2's JP8 in Washington for the FA-18

You are using Jet fuel to power your snowmobile's so i have to ask...How fast do they go?

(obviously they dont go as fast as a jet)
    We have to use JP5 for all fuel needs down here, even the power generators. We literary siphon the fuel off cargo planes when they land because you can't fly fuel as cargo. I don't think the run that much better but then again we are at 11,000 ft.

MRA Racer No.427

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

free education
    guaranteed wages
    guaranteed job
    free healthcare
    blockading roads
    None. But that has no bearing on " the right of the people peaceably to assemble , and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then." Thomas Jefferson

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." Thomas Jefferson

As I've said before, a lot of what protesters are blathering on about is nonsense, but they correctly realize that the American people have been robbed. Most of them don't understand how it happened yet, but they do realize that it has happened. The politicians are doing a good job of turning this into a left versus right thing and a lot of people are falling for it hook, line and sinker. I am still hopeful that the protests can be focused on the fact that financial firms and banks, with the complicity of the politicians (on both sides of the aisle), have systematically pilfered the wealth of the middle class in this country. With our zeal to "win the game" when it comes to our political ideologies, we have lost sight of the things that the Founding Fathers warned us about.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I was there; no one is threatening THEM, but they sure as heck are doing a lot more than making threats to other people/businesses. The point is, protesting is protesting, but this OWS has gone WAAAAY beyond that. Their protests at best serve only to make noise. At worst, they are violent and dangerous. They have no legitimate purpose or plan. Also, half of the stuff they want is in one way or another threatening to others.
    Last edited by jbnwc; Mon Dec 12th, 2011 at 03:58 PM.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    None. But that has no bearing on " the right of the people peaceably to assemble , and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
    The TEA party is the perfect example of how to peaceably assemble and petition the govt'.

OWS is the perfect example of a mob.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Protesting our government is a right very few other countries have. You may not agree with their arguments, but wishing them dead isn't what this country stands for...
    Well, it WOULD be the most productive thing they ever did.........

Dood, I'm KIDDING.....sheesh.........
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Most of the people I know who support OWS are not making any demands except one: LIMIT CORPORATE CAMPAIGN FINANCING AND LOBBYING ACTIVITIES TO GIVE "REGULAR" PEOPLE BACK THEIR VOICE IN GOVERNMENT!!!!!

I don't know where all this talk about free education and the right to shit on cars comes from. My guess would be Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh.

My Conservative friends ask me "How come those idiot OWS people are not marching on the capitol in Washington D.C. as part of their protests?"

My response: "Wall Street IS Washington D.C.! That's what the whole damn movement is about!"

Income inequality is not the problem. EXTREME income inequality is the problem. Bankers and CEOs are getting tens of millions of dollars for running their companies into bankruptcy - then holding their hands out and asking for taxpayer bailouts.

This guy explains how lopsided economies harm everyone - even the wealthy:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_wilkinson.html

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

Hey this is Frank we are talking about. If he found out his ex's were part of the protest, he would be chucking 4c into the crowd from the top of buildings, just to be sure...
    ....in that case, it'd me more like nuking them morbid. You know, just to be sure......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I was there; no one is threatening THEM, but they sure as heck are doing a lot more than making threats to other people/businesses. The point is, protesting is protesting, but this OWS has gone WAAAAY beyond that. Their protests at best serve only to make noise. At worst, they are violent and dangerous. They have no legitimate purpose or plan. Also, half of the stuff they want is in one way or another threatening to others.
    Exactly.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Nobody is threatening OWS protesters? Really?

Didn't you see the video of the UC Davis students getting pepper sprayed for absolutely no reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdDLhPwpp4

Didn't you read about the former Marine who got shot in the head with a tear gas canister?

http://www.infowars.com/denver-polic...on-protesters/

Did you hear about the Denver cops who exchanged e-mails that mention their deep hatred of protesters and their desire to hit them in the head with riot batons?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...center-yahoos/

You anti occupy people seriously need to educate yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post

Didn't you see the video of the UC Davis students getting pepper sprayed for absolutely no reason?

Didn't you read about the former Marine who got shot in the head with a tear gas canister?

http://www.infowars.com/denver-polic...on-protesters/

Did you hear about the Denver cops who exchanged e-mails that mention their deep hatred of protesters and their desire to hit them in the head with riot batons?

You anti occupy people seriously need to educate yourselves.
    Perhaps you should take your own advice...

The full video from UC Davis that shows the Occupy idiots surrounding and threatening the cops:

http://youtu.be/hhPdH3wE0_Y

not just the minute and 5 seconds all the media showed.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Have the Denver cops actually done it? I have no doubt there are some cops who feel less than enthusiastic about OWS; there are plenty of OWS fuckwits with a mutual feeling towards law enforcement. DPD has actually shown quite a bit of restraint compared to other cities IMO.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Perhaps you should take your own advice...

The full video from UC Davis that shows the Occupy idiots surrounding and threatening the cops:

http://youtu.be/hhPdH3wE0_Y

not just the minute and 5 seconds all the media showed.

Let me get this straight: If you are participating in a peaceful protest and a few people walk up and yell at the cops, then you are OK with them pepper spraying YOU?

The kids who got sprayed were sitting on the sidewalk with their arms interlocked. The cops had ZERO reason for using pepper spray on them - even if they think the kids are spoiled assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Have the Denver cops actually done it? I have no doubt there are some cops who feel less than enthusiastic about OWS; there are plenty of OWS fuckwits with a mutual feeling towards law enforcement. DPD has actually shown quite a bit of restraint compared to other cities IMO.
    We are talking about threats. If the police as an institution are frustrated with OWS protesters and are actually discussing their desire to use excessive force - then something is WRONG.

It is not the police's job to punish anyone for anything. That is the responsibility of the courts and the criminal justice system.

I agree that some of the OWS protesters are criminals - but that does not justify stereotyping all of them as criminals.

The costs of education have increased more than 900 percent over the past 10 years, and corporations and the wealthy have far too much influence and power in our government.

If people would stop labeling the protesters as "lazy Liberal hippies" they might realize that the OWS folks actually do have some good reasons to be pissed off.

Zanatos,

First of all, welcome to the fray.

Way more to that then the 5 seconds shown on the media networks.

Yes, Scott Olson. The former marine that was kicked out of the marines and founder of the website www.ihatethemarines.com - yes, THAT Scott Olson.

The costs of education have increased more than 900 percent over the past 10 years
    900% in 10 years, are you sure about that figure?

If people would stop labeling the protesters as "lazy Liberal hippies" they might realize that the OWS folks actually do have some good reasons to be pissed off.
    They are lazy liberal hippies. That's kind of the point.

Let me get this straight: If you are participating in a peaceful protest and a few people walk up and yell at the cops, then you are OK with them pepper spraying YOU?

The kids who got sprayed were sitting on the sidewalk with their arms interlocked. The cops had ZERO reason for using pepper spray on them - even if they think the kids are spoiled assholes.
    Wrong. The people who got sprayed were part of a circle of people that surrounded the police and declared "if you want to leave, you have to go through us". The police told them in no uncertain terms that if they did not move force would be used, and asked them individually if they understood. They replied that they understood but refused to move.

What pisses me off is that they act like victims but the truth is that what happened is exactly what they wanted to happen because they knew it would get attention.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

I dont understand all the trouble with the OWS people and the "force" the police have used. in ALL cases, the Police had given ample warnings, and made the reprocutions of ignoring them known. Yet, they (OWS) still refused to leave or do as asked, and whine and cry (even moreso than they already are) when the EXACT things they were warned would happen, happen.

In what world does that make sense??

I dont feel sorry for them at all, honestly. Humans have the ability to make choices, this group of individuals is making the choice to protest in what they believe in (more power to 'em), and at the same time making the choice to ignore Police requests.

What do you expect??

It's THESE exact events that lead to people assuming they're all uneducated, idiotic hippies (not certain on where the hippy part comes from in most cases, but the uneducated and idiotic part I definitely understand). Why else would you subject yourself to unpleasant events like getting smacked with teargas canisters, or pepperspray face baths??

get real...
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FZjake719 View Post
    Why else would you subject yourself to unpleasant events like getting smacked with teargas canisters, or pepperspray face baths??

get real...
    Because you believe in something.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

In spirit I am with the 99%. I don't think that any of them has a good idea of what they are after, and there are those among us who have consumed the capitalist kool-aid who do not realize yet how wealth and power have shifted away from the people to a cadre of wealthy and foreign interests.

If our system of allowing 1 in 7 to go hungry in this country, while continuing to give foreign aid to countries which could be used domestically, then I submit the system is broken.

Our liberties have been systematically sold over the last 50 years in the name of the "war on drugs" the "global war on terrorism" the "war against communism" etc. Now, truthfully, Americans reside in a police state, intimidated by those in power, brainwashed in the name of "education" and that is what it is.

So in general principle, I support those who decry such a system.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011