Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Re: Occupy Wall Street list of demands - are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Mojo did this last week too:
    http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/10/...et-eric-cantor
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

I'm hoping for riots, I need to find me some cheap items on craigslist.

In all seriousness they have the RIGHT to protest, even if that protest is stupid, that is their RIGHT to assembly. Its been peaceful except for the cops egging them on.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I'm hoping for riots, I need to find me some cheap items on craigslist.

In all seriousness they have the RIGHT to protest, even if that protest is stupid, that is their RIGHT to assembly. Its been peaceful except for the cops egging them on.
    ....and the fact that they've been camping ILLEGALLY since they started (the 2nd I think). Plus, I'm sure they've left a big mess behind. So, our tax dollars are going for the police overtime to roust these idiots, and then city workers to clean up after them? Squatters is all they are.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Our tax dollars went to a whole bunch of corrupt bank employee bonuses, but the camping illegally and cleanup cost for the protest of which it incited is just ridiculous!
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

That's awesome.

More on Occupy Wall Street's effects

http://news.yahoo.com/occupy-protest...062600703.html
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    ....and the fact that they've been camping ILLEGALLY since they started (the 2nd I think). Plus, I'm sure they've left a big mess behind. So, our tax dollars are going for the police overtime to roust these idiots, and then city workers to clean up after them? Squatters is all they are.
    You know sometimes Frank revolutions are just damn inconvenient. Something tells me you would have been the first to complain about the rise in tea prices in 1773.
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Oct 17th, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    You know sometimes Frank revolutions are just damn inconvenient. Something tells me you would have been the first to complain about the rise in tea prices in 1773.
    Hell, my party was the one dumping the tea overboard while you guys were sitting with the British having crumpets but no tea.....

I'm all for peaceful protests but they should clean up afterthemselves, and not cost us money because they refuse to obey the law when it was finally demanded that they leave. Unless you don't pay taxes, this is your $$ as well.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Hell, my party was the one dumping the tea overboard while you guys were sitting with the British having crumpets but no tea.....

I'm all for peaceful protests but they should clean up afterthemselves, and not cost us money because they refuse to obey the law when it was finally demanded that they leave. Unless you don't pay taxes, this is your $$ as well.
    See, now who do you think would have had to clean up after your mess. Freedom of speech is always mess in all respects, but I have no problem with my tax money cleaning up after these people, or anyone else, including those Baptists morons picking military funerals.

MRA Racer No.427

See, now who do you think would have had to clean up after your mess. Freedom of speech is always mess in all respects, but I have no problem with my tax money cleaning up after these people, or anyone else, including those Baptists morons picking military funerals.
    I'd imagine it wasn't an issue back in the day.

I actually do. We The People shouldn't have to clean up after idiots of any political flavor. They should be made to clean up after themselves.....or fined.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

The Occupy Wall Street Facebook Link

Paul Krugman winner of a Nobel Prize in Economics and this to say on the situation. Losing Their Immunity

"people in the financial industry are saying privately about the protests. My favorite quote came from an unnamed money manager who declared, “Financial services are one of the last things we do in this country and do it well. Let’s embrace it.”

This is deeply unfair to American workers, who are good at lots of things, and could be even better if we made adequate investments in education and infrastructure. But to the extent that America has lagged in everything except financial services, shouldn’t the question be why, and whether it’s a trend we want to continue?"
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Oct 17th, 2011 at 02:15 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

cuz the Nobel Prize has sooooo much credibility these days
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Stand by my comment that these protests are simply "useful idiots" who will be co-opted by far more organized and insidious groups...

Enter the communists:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...ll-street-mov/

Enter the Nazis:
    http://whitehonor.com/white-power/th...reet-movement/

Since they have no unified vision for this country or even a coherent message short of the chant of "revolution", one has to question what is the purpose of these gatherings. Some want to literally "bring the system down", but if that is the case what are you going to replace it with? In the interim what are you going to do for all those people (that you say you are marching for) that are dependent on the system?

As is typically the case with these sort of emotion driven, unfocused, chaos-fests, no one can answer questions as to the purpose, motivation or goals of the crowd. We are told to be part of this "growing", "powerful", "grass-roots" movement for the "future". Sorry but six people on the corner of Tejon and Bijou chanting "power to the people" is hardly "powerful" nor are PAID protestors "grass-roots". These dumbasses are being used by people that want power nothing more.

http://news.yahoo.com/occupy-wall-st...114000623.html
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    cuz the Nobel Prize has sooooo much credibility these days
    Yea, until the Nobel committee stops snubbing Dirk, like the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame stops snubbing Rush, I‘m not holding anything any organized entity has to say as the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    Stand by my comment that these protests are simply "useful idiots" who will be co-opted by far more organized and insidious groups...

Enter the communists:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...ll-street-mov/

Enter the Nazis:
    http://whitehonor.com/white-power/th...reet-movement/
    And don't forget The Tea Party...

Enter Sarah Pailn:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin
    Last edited by Snowman; Mon Oct 17th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

AMEN Shea

(this will spark controversy) I flipped past O'Reily some time in the last two weeks and he read a letter from some kid saying, "you can't blame us if we don't want to flip burgers with a college education". Bill said, "STFU and get a job, I drove a cab with a college degree".

OK, it wasn't a quote but he did say get a job, no matter what it is, and that he did drive a cab after obtaining a degree.

There are jobs out there if we'd stop paying people to sit on the couch. We teach kids to sing and paint in school but not how to build, weld, fix, sew, or even cook any longer.

"Invest in Education" you say? People are protesting there are no jobs for white collar youths so what should we be teaching them? Government doesn't support business and people keep wanting shit for free.

Look at the "paid sick leave" movement. Maybe guaranteed sick leave without fear of loosing your job. But paid? You're already paid every day you show up. save your money and STFU
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

^^

You think our public education system still has art and music programs?!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

they do in my neighborhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpNgONH2ncI
    Last edited by TinkerinWstuff; Mon Oct 17th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

1999 DR650SE

Somebody has to flip burgers and clean up the motels on colfax.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

This movement is still organizing so you might want to agree their real demands, instead of the made up ones in the first post..

http://occupywallst.org/forum/propos...editadd-so-th/

MRA Racer No.427

This movement is still organizing so you might want to agree their real demands, instead of the made up ones in the first post..

http://occupywallst.org/forum/propos...editadd-so-th/
    And the rally squirrel has a twitter page

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    AMEN Shea

(this will spark controversy) I flipped past O'Reily some time in the last two weeks and he read a letter from some kid saying, "you can't blame us if we don't want to flip burgers with a college education". Bill said, "STFU and get a job, I drove a cab with a college degree".
    AWESOME! The kids today have this entitlement attitude, due to their being spoon-feed their entire friggin' lives. Perfect example: When I worked fast food as a kid, when I wasn't "flipping burgers" (actually cooking fries) and keeping my area clean, my ass was out there mopping floors and keeping the restrooms clean. Today, walk into any fast food and typically, the floors and tables are filthy, the restrooms are a wreck (complete with barely-functioning faucetts and broken toilet seats), while these lazy punks can be seen in the back texting, on their i-whatevers, ad gossiping. Basically, doing nothing. Pathetic. I'd fire all of them if they worked for me. That crap would not have flown when I worked those jobs. But then, my parents, grandparents, and employers instilled in me a REAL work ethic, lacking in these entitled punks. So, seeing these clowns "protest", makes me laugh. Go out and get a job......punk.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

So these guys think that the same politicians who either undid strict laws, or ignored existing ones, all while benefiting from perks such as "sweetheart loans" from the likes of BoA are going to do anything? Meanwhile the same politicians were running Fannie and Freddie and backing every mortgage they could find which later turns out to be toxic. Then bailed out the banks and investment firms. Including individuals who received millions in bonuses for doing such a good job and being "top talent".

The same politicians who receive millions + for campaigns from these banks and corps. They want to talk about GE paying no taxes? The CEO is now the head of Obama's "Jobs Council" while GE is shipping production to China.

Did they mention new energy? Like the $500 million plus that Solyndra pissed away? Only to be replaced by an new loan for another solar company in Nevada (Harry Reid's turf) and a company that Nancy Pelosi's brother is an executive for.

It's like sheep asking wolves what's for dinner.

These politicians want to get their 5 years (for endless congressional perks) and then get a "consulting" job with the companies they helped.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I really do sense something different about these protests. I hope Shea is wrong and that the movement is not co-opted by the dumbasses. I am heartened that I see signs and hear people talking intelligently about what the big banks and financial firms, in cahoots with politicians on both sides of the aisle, have done to the working class and students in this nation and others. The fact that student loans can't be discharged in a bankruptcy is absolute lunacy and has led to the insane increase in tuition costs. I am hoping that these issues will be seriously considered in the mainstream media rather than just blathering on about the idiots on the fringes. But we as citizens need to also avoid the bandwagon jumping that the politicians wants us to do so that they can avoid having us realize the bullshit that has gone on. There is still time to fix things, but not much. If we do not, then I see no alternative to revolution and that is a perilous path.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Dirk - you must be watching a different channel than I am.

however, I do believe there are people there with the ability to form ideas of their own. Just not the ones there to create anarchy at 11pm

1999 DR650SE