Thread: New PB on the GSXR 1000!!!!

New PB on the GSXR 1000!!!!

Well I took the bike up to bandi again last night for the last test and tune of the season and had a little improvement. First few runs I was still having issues getting the 60' times down and actually getting the bike to 100% throttle, but I'm starting to get that down now and was plesantly surprised with the results! Here is a break down of the best pass of the night:

60'----- 2.015
    330'--- 5.207
    1/8---- 7.561
    MPH- 106.43
    1/4---- 11.246
    MPH-- 143.40!!!!

There was a little bit of a tail wind and I think that prob helped MPH a little, but mostly I think it was getting the bike to full throttle much sooner and actually getting my shift points and gear shifts spot on for once. I had a guy up there help me set up the shift light on the bike and that in itself helped a ton as I was able to concentrate on the other things like shifting correctly a lot more. I'm still so impressed with this bike and what its been able to do being essentially bone stock. The only mod to the bike is a set of Jardine GP1 slip on pipes that go after the cat so really they are just saving a little weight and not much else. Still on completly stock suspension as well with no strap/lowering/strech at all. And running a Michelin Pilot Power 2CT street tire at 30psi. With a strap and gears on this bike I'm hoping that I can get it into the 10.5/10.6 range next spring! But for now I'm pretty happy with those times. Dont think I could squeeze much more out of it ET wise the way it sits and 2.0 60' times seem to be about the best anyone can do on stock suspension so I'm happy I could get it to do that as well!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Re: New PB on the GSXR 1000!!!!

Hey Congrats on your new PB, that is a great time. No doubt that with some very minor mods you will be in the 10's no problem. Awesome run, I remember it as I think I ran up against you when you got it.
    In Memory of my Pal Ike. Riding in the wind will never be the same without you!
    Chunky Beast Racing
    01 Turbo Busa#B813 8.6 @170.98 mph Bandimere
    Semi finalist Street Bike ET 2017 Bandimere
    1st Place Coys Street Machine ShowDown 2015
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2013 Julesburg, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2012 Julesburg, COl
    1st Place Friday Night Drags 2011 Pueblo, CO
    1st Place Dragster Challenge 2011 Pueblo, CO
    2017 SPONSORS
    A.P.E American Performance Engineering
    Diversity Cycles