Thread: CSC Track School: Schedule

CSC Track School: Schedule

Here is the schedule I have come up with. Keep in mind that I'm trying to break things up in to sessions in which the 4 different groups will have the track to themselves or combined with the next faster group. This won't be set in stone as this is a "FUN" day and thats what I hope everyone has. I see this more as a guideling then a schedule. I figure if people want to ride in more then one group go for it. However just remember who is out there and be considerate of that group.

8:00-8:30 Sign in, final payments, get set up.
    8:30-9:00 Orienatation
    9:00-9:20 Fast track/Slow track Classroom for noobs.
    9:20-9:40 Racers
    9:40-10:00 Noobs
    10:00-10:20 Slow track
    10:20-10:40 Fast track
    10:40-11:00 Noobs
    11:00-11:20 Racers
    11:20-11:40 Noobs/Slow track
    11:40-12:00 Fast track/ Racers

12:00- 1:00 Lunch Open track with one on one instruction Classroom

1:00-1:20 Noobs
    1:20-1:40 Slow track
    1:40-2:00 Fast track
    2:00-2:20 Racers
    2:20-2:40 Noobs
    2:40-3:00 Slow track
    3:00-3:20 Fast track
    3.20-3:40 Noobs/Slow track
    3:40-4:00 Fast track/Racers
    4:00-5:00 Open track One on One instruction

So look it over and see if I made any huge errors and lets make the 1st Annual CSC Trackday a great time.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

Why not just have a slow, medium and fast group instead of seperating out the noobs and racers into thier own groups. That's how NESBA and other orgs do it, and it would allow a lot more on track time for everyone.

NESBA also has some good rules on passing...
    -slow group: passing only on straights, must be completed before first braking marker
    -medium: passing on straights and outside of corners only
    -fast: no passing restrictions
    MRA 36 & AMA 336

Re: CSC Track School: Participant Info

Lurch...I agree with the above said. Maybe just do 3 different sessions. Rookies will be big, we know this, followed by the group who has some experience on the track. Looking at the roster, if there was a race session would it be that big?
    Looks like this is going to be great!
    Anymore thoughts on food? Potluck type thing or ?? I might have some ideas for the main course and get back to you....stay tuned.
    P.S. Lurch thanks for getting a tentative schedule up

Re: CSC Track School: Schedule

The intent on the race sessions was for people looking to do a basic race type school. Though this won't be an MRA school it was going to give people a chance to see what one is like. Like I said this schedule is only a suggestion.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

I'm with Lurch on this one. I think that the 4 groups will get more then enough time on the track. Not to mention different people are looking for different skills from this class. Some people are looking for riding skills, while others are trying to dice it up.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="213191
    while others are trying to dice it up.
    Even though they may not know that they want to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="213196
    Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="213191
    while others are trying to dice it up.
    Even though they may not know that they want to yet.
    I bet they will, there were people passing on the parade lap at AMA Barber.
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

I think I like that scheduling. You're not restricting who can and can't be on the track...you're just setting guidelines (as mentioned) as to who you want to be on the track and at what times. It also tells the more experienced riders who will be on the track and to be considerate of the noobs and slower riders.
    Track fiend.

Not yet fast enough to race.

Here's my $0.02, after running a 3 day track event which literally involved riders of every skill level possible: Keep the noob session in the morning! They need some quality time free from the pressures of other riders trying to suck their paint off (some of them will be pretty scared for the first session or two). I would recommend that a *very carefully selected, invited, and small group* of racers be allowed out there with them to show them lines, and set a good/positive example. After lunch, I would go to a slow/med/fast group, with anyone not holding a race license being required to go in the slow group unless "approved" to be in a faster group by an instructor.

It will still be fun, but you need to realize that the med/fast groups WILL have racers riding at their pace, so you don't want street riders out there unless they can mentally handle being on the same course. We learned a lot about combining these two rider dynamics at R2SL, and I'd be happy to sit down with the instructors/organizers of this thing to discuss thoughts and stuff beforehand. You don't want to limit it too much, but you need some controls or else you are going to have serious pileups.

I am planning to be there before 7am to help with bike prep, etc. I'd suggest you guys also do a cursory tech inspection on all bikes, just to make sure everything gets bolted down and isn't going to come off at 100mph. We had a guy get through at R2SL who's gas tank wasn't even bolted down... I'm not suggesting that you require any alterations (though taping up lights would be very good, and I will be happy to help with this) but at least doing a once-over will help the overall safety for everyone involved.

Now ... please give me suggestions and ideas of things you'd like to see done at the "Skinny Motorsports Support Pit". So far, we have:
    - Light taping and pre-ride prep
    - Available for tech inspection
    - Any sort of light mechanical help (we won't be rebuilding your motor, but we can help with the small stuff).
    - We will NOT be busting tires! Hopefully another vendor could plan to be on-site for this, but that's someone else's baby to set up.
    - We'll get the grillage going on for lunch, someone just needs to supply me with the food and stuff. We will take care of the rest.
    - Donna will probably be there with me, I don't think her school will have started by then.

If you think of anything else, let me know.

I can also do the Pilot Power thing again, however this will require pre payment, assuming I can even get them. However they worked very well for those who used them at R2SL and I definitely recommend them for a track day like this. If you're interested I need to know now!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="216321
    - We will NOT be busting tires! Hopefully another vendor could plan to be on-site for this, but that's someone else's baby to set up.
    Already done:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ic.php?t=17459

Can I just say you guys Rock?!
    Dan, 02-R6 w/ Custom Scratches (Various Locations)

"You shouldn't suffer through life... You won't survive it."

"It's possible to be a christian and an idiot at the same time!"

"A religious zelot is the first sign of an uneducated mind!"

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    You can say that. :P
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

What about switching directions at some point during the day. Instead of going the normal clockwise route.
    I think it would be better for the newbies to get in a good amount of Left and Right cornering practice in. Also it will teach them how different the track feels just by changing directions.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Don't see why not. We could do CW before lunch and CCW after.

Lurch
    MRA #retired

This day will be here before we all know it. I love all the suggestions and all the support that has been planned. Thank you guys for stepping up and helping to make this day a great event.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
    2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)
    1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com