Thread: Rossi Retirement Denied

Rossi Retirement Denied

It looks like Rossi isn't planning on retiring after the crash at Sepang.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...79N2X020111024
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Re: Rossi Retirement Denied

You know I had thought about this yesterday. With the dismal year he's had with Ducati and then to end the season like this. I wouldn't blame Rossi one bit if he just decided to call it quits. But knowing how much of a competitor he is, and even the old cliche of "well that person wouldn't want you to quit", makes me think he's going to give it another go for next year. If anything it may give him some big resolve to finish his career on a high note, rather than in this fashion. Who knows, time will tell and whatever Rossi or Edwards decides for that matter, I wouldn't blame them one bit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I think he'd have to do one more year, ending after a dismal year would be bad enough, ending with that tragedy would haunt you.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Earlier in the season he had talked about running gp for a couple more years and then possibly going to superbike. Obviously this may have changed his feelings, but I can't see him not racing.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I think Rossi will win more championships, but the time hasnt come yet , right?
    I'd like to see him back on honda or yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    time will tell and whatever Rossi or Edwards decides for that matter, I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Edwards has already said he will be riding next year on the new Suter/BMW GP bike.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    Edwards has already said he will be riding next year on the new Suter/BMW GP bike.

Yeah this I knew, but that was before all hell broke loose this past Sunday. If he did decide to change his mind, I can't say as I blame the guy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Such a loss. Similarities with Kato and Sete. Cant imagine how Rossi is feeling, although I bet its not to good. What a blow. With Rossi, I believe he'll dig deep
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah this I knew, but that was before all hell broke loose this past Sunday. If he did decide to change his mind, I can't say as I blame the guy.

Actually he said this just yesterday (maybe the day before). He said allthough saddened by the accident and lose he was mentally okay and would continue to race.

Last edited by Graphite675; Wed Oct 26th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
    // MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    Actually he said this just yesterday (maybe the day before). He said allthough saddened by the accident and lose he was mentally okay and would continue to race.

Oh I see, yeah I hadn't heard anything from Edwards after the race either. Rossi I think has only made that twitter post after the accident but nothing to official. I know a few weeks ago, Edwards had said he'd be racing a CRT bike. Well I think it's a testament to his perseverance and resolve. I like Edwards and would love to see him finally get his first GP win someday.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I think it would be a shame, and totally out of character for either of them to quit because of this, instead of dedicating the next race to Marco. I'm sure Marco would have wanted them to continue.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Racer's race, that is what they do. If they are not racing ,they are not truely happy. Every racer knows what the ultimate penaly of thier actions are. In the past 10 years or so, between the tracks, the bikes, and the gear racers wear, the sport has become tenfold safer. I'm not saying it is safe, but only safer than before. Deaths are very uncommon now, unlike in the past, where they wore leather helmets, brushing stone walls, on skinny bias-ply, trying to wrestle a hinged motorbike from pitching them into the next timezone. Therefore, when a racer dies doing what he chooses, it puts people in a state of shock. Not saying that in the past people were not moved by a racer passing, as the feeling is the same, just less repetitive. Most racer's, and also riders who have a great passion riding and racing motorbikes, would rather go out in a blaze of glory, as Simo did, than quietly in the night. So rather than quit and toss in the towel, they turn the throttle perhaps a bit more in anger, knowing that it might be your last day to ride the chariot under you. Rossi or any other racer, more so @ thier level, the best of the best, will continue to achive the most things possbile, every time they swing a leg over a bike. Those who say otherwise are only fooling themselves.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rossi rode his as$ off and at least got on the podium. The bike has been crap all year and I don't think he's done well historically at Valencia. But I think he rides with such passion, and with the emotions of the day, we might see him near the top.