Thread: Car Audio Fiberglass Work

Car Audio Fiberglass Work

Curious if anywhere here does or could give me an idea of how much would be charged to fiberglass in tweeter frames into an A arm and paint it to color match the existing interior panel color.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Re: Car Audio Fiberglass Work

where is around here? and have you checked cartoys? I did a full fiberglass enclosure in the trunk of my car for 2 12 inch subs with a custom dual amp rack it took a few days but turned out amazing.

The Cartoys at Park Meadows can do it but you will PAY for it... You ever worked with fiber glass? Its not to hard to do and make perfect it just takes time.

I wouldn't trust a wet paper towel to the people who work at the chain stores. I have no problem attempting to DIY this project, but would definitely feel a hell of a lot more comfortable if there was someone with experience who could supervise by drinking beer and saying, "Yep." every once in a while.

I was eying a new component setup since the coaxials I have had in for nearly 4 years now finally gave out due to my own lack of making considerations to sensitivity and frequency response, not to mention a lack of crossover filters. I'm too the point where I'm probably going to start piecing together a replacement system and doing a complete overhaul come spring.

While I'm at it, I really should plan on making some custom kickpanels to house the component speakers to create a proper sound stage, alas, its another case of me not being comfortable or familiar working with glass.
    Last edited by Zach929rr; Thu Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:40 PM.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

125 each pillar
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

well I am familiar with glass and like I said did a complete box myself however I used to work at cartoys so you probably wont trust me to supervise lol

I have had the guys at Cartoys Park Meadows do a few things for me over the years. They are good. Thats where all the guys went to work when the smaller shops all started shutting down.

I can do fiberglass but have almost no time. If you try yourself there is not much to mess up. A power sander (pneumatic is best), some templates for the speaker and where its mounting to and some time and you should be able to knock it out. Watch a few vid on youtube, im sure there are several for making this stuff now days.

I have some older MB Quartz tweeters that have crossovers for the tweeter (and mid?) that you can have if you want. They were almost $300

Never done anything with car audio, but I do a lot of glass work on jetski's. I didnt know crap when I started. Read some stuff on teh interwebz, and went to these guys. They are right off Santa-fe and Oxford. Really knowledgeable and very helpful. Try it your self.
    Danny