Took my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee into them after being told on a visit where my friend took his car to them that it would be just under $200 to change the Transmission Fluid, Front & Rear differential, and Transfer Case. (Friend was happy with his service, so I figured I would go there). Seeing as I live down in Springs but was going to be up there for the night on Tuesday I called them Monday to make sure I could drop it off and get an exact price as the Gentlemen before had advised me to do.

I call and after telling them what my vehicle is, what I want done they put me on hold to get a quote together. The man comes back and says Alignment, Trans, Front & rear Diffs plus Transfer case be $325 before tax...I questioned this only because not knowing what the Alignment cost (added to this vs. the first time I talked to them). I end up saying okay.

Tuesday I take the vehicle up to them at the agreed time. I tell them I am there for the fluids, they say; "For the Alignment?", I say yes but also for the trans, front & rear diffs and the transfer case...guy says "oh". He then goes on how they will write it up for the alignment $60.00 but will have to see what the cost will be for the other things. I question this as they already quoted me $325 before tax. He insisted they needed the vehicle for a firm quote. So what was that on the Phone a number pulled out of ones butt?

They knew it was a Hemi, they knew it needed the special additives because I been telling them that from the start and they assured me they knew that. But some strange reason they want the vehicle for the quote...hmmm I was not born last week I been to many mechanics so far in my life and they typically say okay it be this much...funny how other places can give you a firm quote but these jokers can not.

So I leave the vehicle there, takes them 2 hours to call me. In fact I even call them because I assumed maybe my cell missed the call or something. It's been a long time considering they acted like they have it RIGHT in. They tell me when I call that its in doing the alignment. Okay, so how much longer I asked and do you know the cost for the fluid changes yet? No sir, we need to move it to the next bay to get that information (huh, I never had that done before anywhere else). I do question that by saying, "so you can not tell me what the actual cost is going to be?" I'm just told they call me with a price. They do call me later, guys says with alignment it be $495...huh!!! You went up from $325 to $495!!!!

The sloppy excuse I got was, "well we had no idea on the amount of fluids needed before you got it in here. We needed to look it up by VIN (well why did you not ask me for that information!!!) Funny but I already knew it took 4 quarts between the front & Rear diffs, 2-3 quarts for the transfer case, and 2.5oz of additive in the front with 4oz in the rear, and 1 Gallon of transmission fluid (If that).

Needless to say I told Jake I be in to get the vehicle and pay for the alignment. I did mention if they honored the $325 they have my business but because they changed the quote around it was not cool and I just want to get the vehicle. He did not know how long it be till done...really even at the dealer it only takes 30 minutes to do an alignment if that. They do call 15 minutes later and say its done.

So I run up and get the vehicle. I pay for the alignment and make sure to use a coupon ($10 off), so it was $50. I make sure to ask Jake again WHY did he jack the quote around. He makes it sound like I FORCED him to give me a quote on the phone (hmmm was very willing to give me a quote), I tell him that is what I was TOLD to do by the last guy I talked to when I was there with my FRIEND. He then acts like they NEED the vehicle in a bay to know the fluids. Jake seems to want me out of there and does not seem apologetic...he does mention sorry for the mis-communication but addressed it like it was on my end. Dude, I work on my own vehicles I was being lazy I'm not sure how much more information I could give you (if you needed the VIN for a good quote why not ask me for it???).

After I left I decided to go to the dealer to check out fluids. Yep, Mopar fluids are expensive...but heck going to do it myself...why not do it right. Guy was so friendly att he dealer he told me I could save big $$$$ by getting the 4 quarts of 75-140 at an autoparts store which I did to save even more money. Good thing I went to the Jeep Dealer, guy inform me my transfer case DOES take a different type of fluid vs the transmission. I tell them Brakes Plus said it was the same, he said "it would be but your have the 245 and NEED this fluid which is NOT the same as the Transmission. He said if I had one of the other units then YES it be the same. So Brakes Plus was about to use the WRONG fluid for my transfer case....man did I avoid a bombshell.

They get two stars....because the alignment does seem done correctly so far. Otherwise its a One star place.

I would not recommend Brakes Plus (at least this location) to anyone, they do indeed seem to flip flop prices like others stated here. Oh, and I like how they quoted me $58.00 for the alignment but once in there they said $60.00, when I question it they said "we add $2" for supplies pointing to some huge sign they have.....huh!!! Must get that question a whole lot!!! Why did you just not quote me $60 then on the phone...makes me wonder what other hidden cost would of been on top of the $495. STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE, too many other places around to deal with Flip-Flopping idiots.