Thread: heated gear question?

heated gear question?

so i have my heated gloves that are bad ass. i was thinking of getting the wife some heated gloves for the toy run. i know i need the gloves and wiring harness for her but what heat controller do i get???? they have the dual controllers but they say thats for gloves and jacket or gloves and pants. could that also be used for two sets of gloves??? any help would be much appreciated below is the link im looking at and the list of heat controllers........
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...en=26626790893

Re: heated gear question?

So I'm guessing you've got the FirstGear gloves? Me too. I've got the jacket too and I use the remote dual controller.

You could use the one (dual) remote for two separate pairs of gloves. She'd need the "Y" harness of course, but that's it. You might hedge with a coax extension cable so you have plenty of lead. But yes, there's no reason it wouldn't work just great!

i do and they are awesome! ive had them set to the middle on my heat controller and have riden on the highway while it was 15 degrees and my hands were nice and toasty!

thank you very much! does your jacket have the same hook up connection as the gloves do? we were thinking it would work but on the websites it states every rider needs there own which is why we are confused. thanks for the suggestion on the extention cable! i wouldnt have thought about it.

The hookup is the same. My guess would be that the "every rider needs their own" is a liability sort of advice. There is no reason you couldn't run two different pairs of gloves on the same controller hooked to a bike, riding two-up. In a get-off, things might get slightly more complicated because of the unintentional unplugging of things, but that's no different than what would happen in a single get-off. Cords would get stretched to their limit and then the connection would disconnect.

Yeah, so I'd envision a setup like this: gloves for each, with the Y-cable, along with a coax extension (I see they have a 2-footer which would be more than adequate), controller in passenger's pocket.

**It wouldn't surprise me if the "one per rider" notice has as much to do with morons on different bikes plugging into the same controller as anything else. Standard "someone is eventually going to come along and do the stupidest thing we can't even think of" sort of disclaimer.

Make sure your bike has enough extra electrical output to run two pairs of gloves (usually about 30 watts a pair for a total of 60 watts). Also remember that most sportbikes do not even begin to charge the battery until 5000 rpm or so.
    www.chicanetrackdays.com

Father of MRA # 278. Yes, I am that old now.

It was a bitchin woman who got you those gloves..just sayin. I have heated grips I love!

07 GSXR 750
    07 GSXR 600 (RIP)