Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: $85 CSC concealed carry class Dec 17th in Greenwood Villiage

$85 CSC concealed carry class Dec 17th in Greenwood Villiage

Among my many talents is I am a NRA instructor. I am thinking of putting together a concealed carry class for Dec. I was thinking $85 for a 3.5 hour class for CSC members. Gets you all you need for the concealed carry in Colorado. Any interest from the club? This will qualify you for not only the Colorado permit but also Florida and Wyoming.

The class will be held Saturday Dec 17th from 1pm -4:30pm at the Courtyard by Marriot 6565 South Boston Street Greenwood Village, CO 80111.

I'll need everyone who wants to attend to send me a PM with their real name, email and phone number. I will email you more information about the class and what the requirements are later this week.
    Last edited by stitch; Tue Nov 8th, 2011 at 11:14 AM.
    2002 Yellow and black ZX6
    2003 Gray Honda Shadow 750

Re: CSC concealed carry class?

I'd be up for that, may bring the wife too. What part of december are you thinkin
    A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel.
    A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.

Not sure. I could open it up to a poll. I am teaching a basic pistol course on the 10th and 11th. So either the 3rd, 17th or 31st.

Ok I'm in, unless I loose my job before then but I should know this week.
    A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel.

I'm exempt, but I wouldn't mind getting the wife in. Let me know if this goes through, I might just show up anyway.

*edit*

On that note, if this were to go down could I attend and just not receive a certificate or whatever? Since I'm Active Duty Military I don't need this class to get my permit, but I'd like to be there with my wife during the thing. We have several pistols we could bring along, and of course bring out own ammo.
    Last edited by Sarge; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by rfranks303 View Post
    Ok I'm in, unless I loose my job before then but I should know this week.
    Ouch! Hang in there man. I was just in those shoes.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I am in!!

I'd be interested. Where would this be held if you did put it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I'm exempt, but I wouldn't mind getting the wife in. Let me know if this goes through, I might just show up anyway.
    Exempt? What do you mean you are exempt?

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I'd be interested. Where would this be held if you did put it on?
    I'll have to figure out where sometime this week. Probably at a hotel conf room in Greenwood Village or something. That's where I did the last one. Depends on how many are interested in doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by stitch View Post
    Exempt? What do you mean you are exempt?
    Active Duty Military, all I need is an ID card and my PCS orders to Colorado.

I edited my original post with another question as well.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Ah. I remember those days. $40 for my fellow vets (Must provide proof of service). Would be free but I gotta cover my costs.

Q: What type of firearms training is required?
    ... All documentation must have been obtained within the 10 years preceding submittal of the application. It may be in the following forms:
    Current Military orders or proof of honorable discharge from a branch of the United States Armed Forces reflecting handgun qualifications.
    Source: http://shr.elpasoco.com/Support+Serv...gun+Permit.htm
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

You may want to verify that unless you are an active duty MP I don't think this is true. I was never told I was able to do so when I was active duty and there were classes you had to take to get a concealed weapons permit just for on base.

On that note, if this were to go down could I attend and just not receive a certificate or whatever? Since I'm Active Duty Military I don't need this class to get my permit, but I'd like to be there with my wife during the thing. We have several pistols we could bring along, and of course bring out own ammo.
    This is class room only. We will not be using any real guns nor doing any shooting. This only covers the laws in Colorado and discussion around situations where CCW will be required. This is not a basic handgun course.

I am teaching a basic handgun class December 10th and 11th that will include live fire if anyone is interested. CSC price is $100. This class would also provide you with what you would need to apply for CCW in Colorado but includes begining handgun. Class is in Parker and live fire will be at Shootist in Greenwood Village.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    You may want to verify that unless you are an active duty MP I don't think this is true. I was never told I was able to do so when I was active duty and there were classes you had to take to get a concealed weapons permit just for on base.
    See my post above, I provided a link to the El Paso County website with the details, and I've previously researched this and seen the exact same thing said at the State level. All you need is a DA Form 88 for the M9, but I have other Soldiers in my unit who have used the DA 3595-R and even the 5790-R without any issues.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

This is class room only. We will not be using any real guns nor doing any shooting. This only covers the laws in Colorado and discussion around situations where CCW will be required. This is not a basic handgun course.

I am teaching a basic handgun class December 10th and 11th that will include live fire if anyone is interested. CSC price is $100. This class would also provide you with what you would need to apply for CCW in Colorado but includes begining handgun. Class is in Parker and live fire will be at Shootist in Greenwood Village.
    Wait, will this $85, 3.5 hour course you're talking about qualify for a CCP? I'm trying to get the wife in so she can get hers, and this is considerably cheaper and shorter than most commercial offerings.

Also, in response to your Vet discount, I don't actually want to take the course, or receive a certificate or whatever, I would just like to attend (with your permission) along with my wife, but not actually participate in the class. My MSF instructor in the State of Nevada allowed something like this, basically the family member(s) just sat in the back and participated in some of the discussions, which is all I would like to do.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Sarge is right. C.R.S 18-12-203

A person, who is a member of the Armed Forces and is stationed pursuant to permanent duty station orders at a military installation in this state, and a member of the person’s immediate family living in Colorado, shall be deemed to be a legal resident of the State of Colorado.

Demonstrates competence with a handgun by submitting:
    1. evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting
    competitions or current military service,

My first CCW I got by just submitting my DD214. Sarge can do the same thing.

BUT.....

That means he misses out on some very important training on the acceptable use of concealed carry in Colorado. Unless he comes to the class.

Wait, will this $85, 3.5 hour course you're talking about qualify for a CCP? I'm trying to get the wife in so she can get hers, and this is considerably cheaper and shorter than most commercial offerings.

Also, in response to your Vet discount, I don't actually want to take the course, or receive a certificate or whatever, I would just like to attend (with your permission) along with my wife, but not actually participate in the class. My MSF instructor in the State of Nevada allowed something like this, basically the family member(s) just sat in the back and participated in some of the discussions, which is all I would like to do.
    Yes, this class meets the requirement for training to apply for Concealed Carry Handgun in Colorado. Either class will count. Colorado requires

"a training certificate from a “handgun training class” (see definitions) obtained within the ten years preceding submittal of the application. The applicant shall submit the original training certificate or a photocopy thereof that includes the original signature of the class instructor. In obtaining a training certificate from a handgun training class, the applicant shall have discretion in selecting which handgun training class to complete."

18-12-202.5 "HANDGUN TRAINING CLASS"
    MEANS:
    (a) A LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE;
    (b) A FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE OFFERED BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, AN INSTITUTION OR ORGANIZATION OR FIREARMS TRAINING SCHOOL, THAT IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND IS TAUGHT BY A CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR; OR
    (c) A FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE OR CLASS THAT IS OFFERED AND TAUGHT BY A CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR.

However the NRA does not allow me to teach CCW as part of the Basic Handgun class. I have to teach them seprate but both count for the permit.

You've got a PM though.

I'm in as well. Been meaning to get mine, and that's a really good price.

EDIT: I'm free the 31st, never have plans. If on the 3rd or the 17th I'll have to see based on the time. Gotta sleep sometime before I head to work at 11 PM.
    Last edited by Wrider; Tue Nov 8th, 2011 at 08:49 AM.

Ouch! Hang in there man. I was just in those shoes.
    I'll land on my feet, I always do. I'm known for my luck, sunny disposition and good looks. Ok maybe just luck.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I'd be up for that, as well as the GF. It'd be a good Christmas gift for the both of us. The 3rd could work, but we need to be up in Ft. Collins that evening, so as long as it's earlier, that'll work. The 17th as well, new years eve isn't a good time for us.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'm in on this as long as its on the 17th or 31st.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

In if I'm around. Could do the 3rd or 17th.