Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $85 CSC concealed carry class Dec 17th in Greenwood Villiage

Re: CSC concealed carry class?

I'm in for the class, will probably bring the girlfriend and brother.

Can't do the 3rd though, 17th would probably be the best.

Recent military retiree here. I'm interested, and I have no life at the moment, so any day is good for me.

Might be interested as well, depending on date/time. The 3rd or 17th would probably work for me.

09 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 Yamaha XT250

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stitch View Post
    I am teaching a basic handgun class December 10th and 11th that will include live fire if anyone is interested. CSC price is $100. This class would also provide you with what you would need to apply for CCW in Colorado but includes begining handgun. Class is in Parker and live fire will be at Shootist in Greenwood Village.
    That is a smoking deal for a true CCW w/ live-fire course. I'm contemplating taking you up on that, for only $15 more and you get range time (the time alone costs $15-20 at most places).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I am teaching a basic handgun class December 10th and 11th that will include live fire if anyone is interested. CSC price is $100. This class would also provide you with what you would need to apply for CCW in Colorado but includes begining handgun. Class is in Parker and live fire will be at Shootist in Greenwood Village.
    Just to clear this up.... is this $100 for both the class and the handgun training? Or would it be $185 for the class and the handgun training? Also, will the gun be provided at the live fire? Thanks.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Just to clear this up.... is this $100 for both the class and the handgun training? Or would it be $185 for the class and the handgun training? Also, will the gun be provided at the live fire? Thanks.
    The CCW class has no live fire it is $85 for a 3.5 hour class. It will be held on the 17th of Dec from 1pm - 4:30pm. It only covers the requirements for the Colorado Concealed Handgun permit.

I am teaching a separate NRA basic handgun class on Dec 10th and 11th which does require live fire. It is an 8 hour class on basic handgun broken up over two days. You'll learn;
    · Pistol knowlege and safe gun handling
    · Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of pistol shooting
    · How to properly shoot (Stance, aiming, etc)
    · Scoring targets and selecting and maintaining your pistol

There is a live fire component to this class. In order to pass the class you must fire a minimum of 20 shots. If need be I can provide a firearm.

This is a basic beginners class which is aimed at brand new shooters who might have never handled a gun before. Cost to CSC members is $100. Space is limited on this one as I have to order some training material for everyone who attends. It takes about a month for the material to arrive so I would need to know ASAP if you want to attend that class. I can take maybe 15 people for this class and I am at 11 right now. Saturday will be a 4 hour classroom session. Sunday will be another 4 hour session and then 2 hours on the range.

Both classes qualify for the Colorado Concealed Carry Permit.
    2002 Yellow and black ZX6
    2003 Gray Honda Shadow 750

Re: $85 CSC concealed carry class Dec 17th in Greenwood Villiage

I'll need everyone who wants to attend to send me a PM with their real name, email and phone number. I will email you more information about the class and what the requirements are later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    That is a smoking deal for a true CCW w/ live-fire course. I'm contemplating taking you up on that, for only $15 more and you get range time (the time alone costs $15-20 at most places).
    Yep I reserve the whole range for the class. After we finish the required class I usually let everyone free fire in what ever time remains. I can then help students one on one with any issues. I've only got the range for 2 hours that day though.

I would but I just did one up in Denver on the 4th for $50 with the money going towards the Libertarian party. Guy was pretty nice too, gave us his email and will give people free hands on experience too just because he loves to shoot that much (he teaches cops).

Now i got to go see the Sheriff and pay $$$ for the permit.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Yep I reserve the whole range for the class. After we finish the required class I usually let everyone free fire in what ever time remains. I can then help students one on one with any issues. I've only got the range for 2 hours that day though.
    Oh ok, so this doesn't sound like it's maybe as appropriate for someone like me with gun experience. Maybe I will just do the classroom one then, though I thought a CCW required some demonstration of range skill? Maybe not.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Oh ok, so this doesn't sound like it's maybe as appropriate for someone like me with gun experience. Maybe I will just do the classroom one then, though I thought a CCW required some demonstration of range skill? Maybe not.
    Not in CO, all you need is classroom lecture, go over the laws and that is about it. Too bad range time is not REQUIRED, would make sense to me.

Everyone in the class that I took, pretty much does not own a gun, in fact I only shoot guns I don't even own a handgun, I do own a 1928 shotgun I inherited.

It is on the list to get...but no big hurry. I was surprised at the amount of women in the class. Still worth reading over the laws and what have you and ask questions, we had a lawyer there and he told us some things...which was handy to know how things really work if and when you need to shoot someone.

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

No Disrespect to this class or to Stitch. But... The problem with a Rubber stamp CCW class with out some real fire arms training and instruction is you are steaking your life and the life of your loves ones on what you are being trained to do. Taking a Class on Law and Theory is like taking a MSF class with out ever touching a motorcycle

You Miss out on alot of training that most normal gun shooters never even think about but is important in personal protection training.

Things most people dont practice that is important in Denfense shootings are things such as, Rapid Jam Clearing, Malfunction Driils, Off Hand Draw and shoot, One handed reload, Proper Draw from Conceled, Firing while verbally Identifying(legal Protection) and much more..

Now I'm Not a trainer nor am I the God of CCW by any means but I just thought I should post about how more training is important then just the classroom part. In my mind a class where you don't shoot at least 200-300 rounds of ammo in a structured format is seriously lacking.

PM sent
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolds View Post
    No Disrespect to this class or to Stitch. But... The problem with a Rubber stamp CCW class with out some real fire arms training and instruction is you are steaking your life and the life of your loves ones on what you are being trained to do. Taking a Class on Law and Theory is like taking a MSF class with out ever touching a motorcycle

You Miss out on alot of training that most normal gun shooters never even think about but is important in personal protection training.

Things most people dont practice that is important in Denfense shootings are things such as, Rapid Jam Clearing, Malfunction Driils, Off Hand Draw and shoot, One handed reload, Proper Draw from Conceled, Firing while verbally Identifying(legal Protection) and much more..

Now I'm Not a trainer nor am I the God of CCW by any means but I just thought I should post about how more training is important then just the classroom part. In my mind a class where you don't shoot at least 200-300 rounds of ammo in a structured format is seriously lacking.
    I do all that in basic and advanced handgun training and more. This isn't for that type of training. Nor is this a rubber stamp class. This is specific to the rules/laws of concealed carry. It covers the laws required to carry a firearm concealed. This is not a class to learn how to shoot a gun. Most who take this class already have most of those skills. You want to learn to how to shoot a gun then take the basic or advanced classes I offered and mentioned in a number of earlier posts.

Dissconected from this world

So call me a dick but 3.5 hrs? not a NRA class all basic pistol class' are 8 hrs. Also I would check the county that you live in because most want LIVE fire in the class. I would like to know if you are a LEO or have been, just wanting to know how you feel qualified to teach Your Own class and not stay with in the guidelines of the NRA Basic Pistol class outline. Also will you be giving out your certs or NRA certs, will your NRA Instructors Credentials be on the certs you hand out? Just a few questions....

Mazin,
    The CCW class is not a NRA class. The basic pistol class is. The NRA does not offer CCW classes. Nor are NRA instructors allowed to present CCW classes as NRA. However MOST states require instructors to be a certified instructor.

18-12-202.2 "CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR"
    MEANS AN INSTRUCTOR FOR A FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE

WHO IS CERTIFIED AS A FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR BY:
    (a) A COUNTY, MUNICIPAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY;
    (b) THE PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING BOARD CREATED IN SECTION 24-31-302, C.R.S.;
    (c) A FEDERAL MILITARY AGENCY; OR
    (d) A NATIONAL NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION THAT CERTIFIES FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS, OPERATES NATIONAL FIREARMS COMPETITIONS, AND PROVIDES TRAINING, INCLUDING COURSES IN PERSONAL PROTECTION, IN SMALL ARMS SAFETY, USE, AND MARKSMANSHIP.

I am a certified NRA instructor and former military. Yes my NRA instructors certification number will be on certificates. It's required by the state.

No county in Colorado requires live fire for a CCW class. CCW requirements are defined by the state not county.

I think I was clear when I posted the following Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 06:16 PM

This is class room only. We will not be using any real guns nor doing any shooting. This only covers the laws in Colorado and discussion around situations where CCW will be required. This is not a basic handgun course.

And again when I posted the following on Tue Nov 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM

The CCW class has no live fire it is $85 for a 3.5 hour class. It will be held on the 17th of Dec from 1pm - 4:30pm. It only covers the requirements for the Colorado Concealed Handgun permit.

I am teaching a separate NRA basic handgun class on Dec 10th and 11th which does require live fire. It is an 8 hour class on basic handgun broken up over two days. You'll learn;
    · Pistol knowlege and safe gun handling
    · Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of pistol shooting
    · How to properly shoot (Stance, aiming, etc)
    · Scoring targets and selecting and maintaining your pistol

There is a live fire component to this class. In order to pass the class you must fire a minimum of 20 shots. If need be I can provide a firearm.

This is a basic beginners class which is aimed at brand new shooters who might have never handled a gun before. Cost to CSC members is $100. Space is limited on this one as I have to order some training material for everyone who attends. It takes about a month for the material to arrive so I would need to know ASAP if you want to attend that class. I can take maybe 15 people for this class and I am at 11 right now. Saturday will be a 4 hour classroom session. Sunday will be another 4 hour session and then 2 hours on the range.

Both classes qualify for the Colorado Concealed Carry Permit.
    I suggest you go back and read this thread and you will find most of your questions were answered.

So this is not a NRA class but its "Covers" the states requirement to obtain a CCW. I appriciate you being ex military (thank you for your service) but since this will be a class about "CCW law" I just want to know if you are a lawer or play one on TV. Also to have a class advertising as a CCW class that just covers the law but no firearm applications is kind of ironic, you can take this class and get your CCW and know about the law but if you had to use a firearm in a defensive situation then that all instinct right?

I know about what the NRA offers and just didn't think a First Steps or a "CCW Law class", would meet anyones standards for obtaining a CCW since even the Basic Pistol is far from being a good insightful class for CCW.

Ok so Adams county Strongly reccomends Live fire, it is in the information packet at this link http://apps.adcogov.org/sheriff/chp/CHP_info_packet.pdf
    its under training requirements and its #7. Also don't forget some countys require a copy of the Instructors creadentials in addition to the students class completion cert.

Anyone new to obtaining a CCW please please never stop getting good training! Just because you took a first steps, CCW Law or a Basic Pistol class don't think that will prepare you for a defensive situation.
    Last edited by MAZIN; Thu Nov 10th, 2011 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAZIN View Post
    So this is not a NRA class but its "Covers" the states requirement to obtain a CCW. I appriciate you being ex military (thank you for your service) but since this will be a class about "CCW law" I just want to know if you are a lawer or play one on TV. Also to have a class advertising as a CCW class that just covers the law but no firearm applications is kind of ironic, you can take this class and get your CCW and know about the law but if you had to use a firearm in a defensive situation then that all instinct right?

I know about what the NRA offers and just didn't think a First Steps or a "CCW Law class", would meet anyones standards for obtaining a CCW since even the Basic Pistol is far from being a good insightful class for CCW.

Ok so Adams county Strongly reccomends Live fire, it is in the information packet at this link http://apps.adcogov.org/sheriff/chp/CHP_info_packet.pdf
    its under training requirements and its #7. Also don't forget some countys require a copy of the Instructors creadentials in addition to the students class completion cert.

Anyone new to obtaining a CCW please please never stop getting good training! Just because you took a first steps, CCW Law or a Basic Pistol class don't think that will prepare you for a defensive situation.
    Mazin,
    I get that you are a fire arms instructor and that you enjoy "Pissing people off!" But look, my CCW class is the same class that everyone else in Colorado offers. It covers the same things that everyone else who teaches this class does and meets the requirements of the state for CCW permit training. It is not a NRA class nor is it a first steps class. The CCW class is for experianced shooters NOT begineer shooters. You obviously believe you have a extensive back ground in firearms. Would you want to take a basic fire arms class? While Adams county Strongly reccomends Live fire, the operative word is "RECOMMENDS". It is not "REQUIRED".

As I said in my last post

I am a certified NRA instructor and former military. Yes my NRA instructors certification number will be on certificates. It's required by the state.

So since you clearly didn't read my post, you must be trolling to "Piss People Off" just for the drama. So do me a favor, go contact some of the other providers of CCW classes and tell them what you told me and see how far that gets you. Then go read a dictionary for the definitions of "required" and "recommend". Then when you have done all that. Go back under your bridge. Or hey if you think you can do better then go host your own class.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Mazin,
    I get that you are a fire arms instructor and that you enjoy "Pissing people off!" But look, my CCW class is the same class that everyone else in Colorado offers. It covers the same things that everyone else who teaches this class does and meets the requirements of the state for CCW permit training. It is not a NRA class nor is it a first steps class. The CCW class is for experianced shooters NOT begineer shooters. You obviously believe you have a extensive back ground in firearms. Would you want to take a basic fire arms class? While Adams county Strongly reccomends Live fire, the operative word is "RECOMMENDS". It is not "REQUIRED".

[/SIZE][/FONT]

So since you clearly didn't read my post, you must be trolling to "Piss People Off" just for the drama. So do me a favor, go contact some of the other providers of CCW classes and tell them what you told me and see how far that gets you. Then go read a dictionary for the definitions of "required" and "recommend". Then when you have done all that. Go back under your bridge. Or hey if you think you can do better then go host your own class.
    I think i am going to like you as an instructor.

Enough of this know it all shit... Stitch is trying to do something that (apparently) a lot of people on here are interested in. When I took mine 3 years ago it was $125 and did not have live fire. For the people that dont shoot often its a really good idea to take a class that offers that. For people that have carried in other states, with the military or law enforcement in the past the class without live fire is great. CCW has nothing to do with NRA unless you are taking the class thats offered by them. This class is for information (that even seasoned gun owners/shooters can benefit from) and to fulfill the states requirements to CC. Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    Recent military retiree here. I'm interested, and I have no life at the moment, so any day is good for me.

Your good to go without any class just bring in your DD214 to your local sheriffs dept and apply for your ccw. Just wanted to let you know that incase you didn't know.

Talking Re: $85 CSC concealed carry class Dec 17th in Greenwood Villiage

Mazin,

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm done, have fun with your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Enough of this know it all shit... Stitch is trying to do something that (apparently) a lot of people on here are interested in. When I took mine 3 years ago it was $125 and did not have live fire. For the people that dont shoot often its a really good idea to take a class that offers that. For people that have carried in other states, with the military or law enforcement in the past the class without live fire is great. CCW has nothing to do with NRA unless you are taking the class thats offered by them. This class is for information (that even seasoned gun owners/shooters can benefit from) and to fulfill the states requirements to CC. Its that simple.

Problem is that some NRA INS use thier credentials to teach their own class outside any guidelines that the NRA provides. Whats the problem with this? Well NRA Instructors are only suppose to teach NRA Classes using thier creadentials. Just stating fact.

Also shouldn't this be in the Wheels and Deals thread.....But now I'm just trolling LOL

Wow, Mazin. You're just bound and determined to cause any trouble you can. I must have fucked your boyfriend or something.

Pretty impressive how quickly you managed to go from

To now saying

Your good to go without any class just bring in your DD214 to your local sheriffs dept and apply for your ccw. Just wanted to let you know that incase you didn't know.

It's been suggested by both Sarge and I already.

Sarge posted Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Active Duty Military, all I need is an ID card and my PCS orders to Colorado.

I posted Mon Nov 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
    Sarge is right. C.R.S 18-12-203
    A person, who is a member of the Armed Forces and is stationed pursuant to permanent duty station orders at a military installation in this state, and a member of the person’s immediate family living in Colorado, shall be deemed to be a legal resident of the State of Colorado.
    Demonstrates competence with a handgun by submitting:
    1. evidence of experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting
    competitions or current military service,

My first CCW I got by just submitting my DD214. Sarge can do the same thing.
    BUT.....
    That means he misses out on some very important training on the acceptable use of concealed carry in Colorado. Unless he comes to the class.

So really do I know you or something or did I just open your boyfriends ass too much so now you get no pleasure out of it?