Thread: Fuel TV - Comcast?

Fuel TV - Comcast?

UFC fights will now start to error on Fuel TV (fox channel), but it does not appear that Comcast has Fuel TV. Anyone that has Comcast found this channel because I can't find it? Wrote Comcast and am waiting for a response and if they don't plan to get it soon I will be forced to switch to Directv who has it.

Already on Saturday the UFC Pre-Fights will air on Fuel TV (along with Facebook), Main fight Cain vs Dos Santos airs on Fox for the first time!

I know people on here work for Comcast, so any word on getting this channel?

PLEASE SEND REQUESTS FOR FUEL TV TO http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Nov 14th, 2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Re: Fuel TV - Comcast?

I look about once a year to see if they get it, but they don't. I have no idea why. pisses me off

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

And to be honest, I don't think the prelim fights are even going to be on Fuel TV.... From what I'm reading, they'll be carrying a "pre-fight special", which to me sounds more like a hype show, to get people to tune into Fox when the title fight starts. The actual prelim fights (so far as these articles will have me believe), will be broadcast on Fox Deportes (and the internet via stream as well).

And despite my undying dislike of them, DirecTV does carry both networks.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    And to be honest, I don't think the prelim fights are even going to be on Fuel TV.... From what I'm reading, they'll be carrying a "pre-fight special", which to me sounds more like a hype show, to get people to tune into Fox when the title fight starts. The actual prelim fights (so far as these articles will have me believe), will be broadcast on Fox Deportes (and the internet via stream as well).

And despite my undying dislike of them, DirecTV does carry both networks.
    Yeah I think you may be right, but couldn't understand if they meant three of the fights will air on Fuel between; especially contenders Clay Guida and Ben Henderson

From the link you sent me yesterday:
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Network-Reveals-Programming-Lineup-Around-UFC-on-Fox-1-36923
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/25949/fox-family-unveils-ambitious-programming-lineup-for-ufc-on-fox-1-on-nov-12.mma

FOX-owned FUEL TV, FOX Deportes and FOX Sports Radio also plan event-related programming.

FOX and the UFC kick off its landmark partnership in 2012. But next week's teaser event gives a glimpse of what's to come.

FOX airs just the night's championship main event while the full undercard streams on FOX.com and Facebook. (As a quirk of the programming lineup, those undercard fights will be countered by pre-event coverage on Fuel TV and FOX Sports Radio.) FOX Deportes, meanwhile, airs three fights live, including the highly anticipated lightweight bout between contenders Clay Guida and Ben Henderson.

Either way Fuel is most likely going to become the new Spike TV for UFC and I bet that means the Ultimate Fighter will be on Fuel next season.

PLEASE WRITE COMCAST HERE AND REQUEST FUEL TV!!!!!

http://www.comcastsupport.com/redire...470DBC91776CD2

Donno if this is true, I saw it on the "Demand fuel tv on comcast" facebook page

"Now Direct Tv will be dropping Fuel TV also . YIKES"

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Donno if this is true, I saw it on the "Demand fuel tv on comcast" facebook page

"Now Direct Tv will be dropping Fuel TV also . YIKES"
    Found it
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Demand...46017752104384

Wow, does say DirecTV is going to drop Fuel TV. Can't these people see what UFC did for Spike TV! Spike was about to go under until UFC signed with them!

Ignore the DirecTV comment, that was posted before the negotiations between DirecTV and Fox were completed. Directv stood to lose all Fox except locals and Fox News on Nov 1st but an agreement was reached. Comcast needs to get their act together on carrying Fuel, I suspect that when their contract comes up with Fox networks Fuel will become part of the 'package'

DirecTV won't be dropping Fuel anytime soon, I don't think. DTV just sorted out that whole FOX contract fiasco a few days back, and Fuel TV is owned by FOX, so....

Anyhow, I just don't see it happening anytime soon because of that.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Ninja'd....
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Just to ensure I understand this, my assumption was the event would be on "Fox" as in the cable channel. It's going to be held on a subsidiary channel that we Comcast users don't get? What the hell was the UFC thinking on that deal? They don't go for full market saturation, but instead go with a channel that has less access than Spike? Wow..
    C. Smith

FOX is broadcast over the air. It's like CBS, NBC, etc.... They won't be carrying the whole fight card, but the title fight will be on.

31-1 for you rabbit-ears types, in HD.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by csmith View Post
    Just to ensure I understand this, my assumption was the event would be on "Fox" as in the cable channel. It's going to be held on a subsidiary channel that we Comcast users don't get? What the hell was the UFC thinking on that deal? They don't go for full market saturation, but instead go with a channel that has less access than Spike? Wow..
    From what I have read, Spike TV was trying to charge the UFC more money and UFC didn't go for it and said they would move channels or created their own. Then FX wanted control over what UFC aireed, but Fuel basically gave them authority to play what they wanted. Just like so many deals, you try to mess with Zuffa (UFC) they show you who is boss.

Spike TV was just about to go under and the show "The Ultimate Fighter" came in and became their highest rating show by far and saved the channel. They will do the same with Fuel now especially sine UFC has more fans now than ever!

You watch Comcast will have to cave in and I bet pay more for Fuel now than if they would have just went with it years back. Just like myself there are many people who will ditch Comcast if they do not pull in this channel soon.

The free UFC events will show the main fight only on Fox! PPV events will stay the same. Considering there are only three fights lined up for the first year on Fox it will not be that big of a deal for Fox, but for us who like to watch the pre-lim fights and The Ultimate Fighter we will be screwed without Fuel!

Comcast asked me to send the request here: http://www.comcast.com/customers/feedback/default.cspx

even if we complain about it though, will it even do anything? I'm assuming they don't have it because of contract nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    even if we complain about it though, will it even do anything? I'm assuming they don't have it because of contract nonsense
    Hopefully if they see how many people will switch from Comcast over this it may push them to settle the issue. UFC has a lot of fans and think this may do it for them.

Worth a shot at least!