Thread: CSC Track School: Anybody want race tires for this?

CSC Track School: Anybody want race tires for this?

Anybody interested in getting race tires for the school?

I spoke to TK Motorsports, and they'd be willing to support us trackside for this.

They are the Bridgestone vendor for the area, but they can get pretty much any other brand of tire (DOT's only - no slicks):
    - Bridgestone BT-002 (these are what Hoopty & I race on & they're awesome )
    - Dunlop D208GPA
    - Metzeler Racetech (track-day tire)
    - Michelin Power Race
    - Pirelli Supercorsa Race

Prices vary, depending on brand & size, but for the most part, the range is $300 - $350 (the Pirelli's are a bit more expensive).

Some brands may be limited in their availability based on size and/or compound (soft/medium/hard), so please call Brian at TK (720-904-9040) with any questions or to confirm availability, and also to get a specific price.

All non-Bridgestone tire requests will have to confirmed by August 1st (to make sure he can get them in time for the school), and will require at least a deposit, if not payment in full by that date. For the Bridgestones, they have them in stock (120 fronts, and 190, 180, and some 170 rears) and will bring what they have. If you need a different size Bridgestone, check with Brian by August 1st for availability.

TK will mount the tires for free if your wheels are off the bike. If you don't have the means to take your wheels off, they will have stands & tools there to assist (for a small fee). Most, if not all, of us racers will be willing to help in that area as well.

If you want, TK will remount your street tires at the end of the day (for a small fee, plus possibly another small fee if they have to take the wheels off).

If you're interested in getting some tires, post up here with your preference.

Remember, even if you decide now that you don't want to try race tires, you'll be able to get some Bridgestones at the track if you change your mind mid-day.

I might be interested. I was planning on hitting them up for a fresh set of BT002s before that date anyways. Depending on what I still have left on my race tires.

Unfortunately I won't know for sure until closer to that date.
    Track fiend.

Not yet fast enough to race.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    hmmm, so I am running older Bridgestone street tires, and have been quite happy with them....for track day, I was evaulating Michelins and Bridgestones....are they pretty comparable? I know this is a HIGHLY charged debate! Also, are most people running full track tires for this day, or just a set of good street tires? I gotta know this!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Re: CSC Track School: Anybody want race tires for this?

Unless you plan on a few track days I would just get streets, but a new set would be good if your present tires are close to worn out. I just ran my Metz. M1's yesterday at SCR on my Buell and they did just fine, granted I wasn't able to go full bore on them but I still had plenty of fun. I will more than likely ride the Buell on this day also and I will probably still be running streets. Just get a hold of TK and have them get your favorite street tires.

For those that are doing their first track days I wouldn't recommend going all out anyways. Get a good street tire like Mich. Pilot Power (not the Pilot Power Race) and go for it...within reason of course.
    Track fiend.

Yes, the idea behind this was for people who are planning to do more track days.
    Quote Originally Posted by purpgixxerchic";p="214979
    hmmm, so I am running older Bridgestone street tires, and have been quite happy with them....for track day, I was evaulating Michelins and Bridgestones....are they pretty comparable? I know this is a HIGHLY charged debate! Also, are most people running full track tires for this day, or just a set of good street tires? I gotta know this!
    RoadRacing world recently publushed a blind test of race tires & street/track-day tires. For the race tires, Bridgestone (BT-002's) actually came out on top. In the street/track-day category, Dunlop won, but their entry was the D208GP, which is (or at least was) a DOT race tire (kind of an unfair comparison, IMHO). Michelin (Pilot Power) was second, and Bridgestone (BT014) was a close third. Hope this helps.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    It does help much, still need to debate a lil more on what to do.

BTW, love the new sig line
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Bump!

I'll probably pick up a set of race tires the day of the event We'll see when I actually end up back in Colorado...
    Jon

Bump

It's too late to order anything specific, but you can still get Bridgestones (as well as tire changing services if you already have a set of tires you want to use) and VP race fuel.

At this point I think I'm getting a new Metzler thrown on tomorrow
    Jon

Re: CSC Track School: Anybody want race tires for this?

So TK will be there for sure then? I wll probably want a fresh set of tires on close to the clsoe of the day. That would be convenient if they were there with BTs.
    Track fiend.

I was at TK yesterday and Brian was planning to be there...