Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercross live

Supercross live

Record TV deal for Supercross in 2012! 11 races will be shown LIVE on Speed, with the remaining 6 races being broadcast the next day on CBS.

The full story: http://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress...cross-1122117/

My only hope for the CBS races is that they realize most viewers want to see racing, not highlights of the heats with the remaining time filled with fluff

Re: Supercross live

I'll 2nd that!
    DW
    2001 GSX-R750 (Sold)
    2007 DRZ400E
    2009 Grizzly 700

Sweet! BTW, just read that Trey Canard broke his clavicle testing and had surgery. He's out for at least four weeks. Bummer on the heels of his femur problems.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

It's here! A1 is live tonight on Speed at 8 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Three races, three diff winners and Stewart is 19 points down. Canard gets hurt again (Ryan Morais was also hurt in the same crash), and CBS' coverage is lame.

Team Honda Muscle Milk rider Trey Canard was involved in a crash on the opening lap of last night’s Supercross event at Dodger Stadium. Canard injured his back in the incident, and an MRI this morning showed fractures the doctors are evaluating. Canard has 100-percent feeling in his legs, and is currently (Sunday) awaiting the decision by his doctors as to whether or not his injury requires surgery.

Star Valli Yamaha rider Ryan Morais was involved in a crash during the first lap of the main event at the Los Angeles round of the AMA/FIM Supercross Championship series Saturday night. The Rockstar Energy rider was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for a broken jaw, several fractured vertebrae and some broken ribs. There is no sign of spinal cord damage at this time and Morais is continuing to be evaluated.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Tue Jan 24th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I hate to say it but I have given up on Stewart. He is fast but just can't keep it on two wheels. We will see if little brother develops into anything but it is not looking like it.

Canard needs to get off the injury train he seems to be stuck on! Maybe drink cows milk instead of Muscle Milk to build up some bone strength???

I agree on the CBS coverage, however I do understand that they are trying to appeal to the mass market, not the hardcore race fan market

Stewart may be down now but I expect him to be a contender before it's all over.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Interesting change in CBS coverage, I was happy to see all of both heats. I wonder if it was because of how good the racing was or if they are starting to realize what people want to see?

What did I say about Stewart keeping it on two wheels???

Yes, CBS coverage did improve the last two weeks. Live Speed is back Feb 11.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

CBS coverage has improved but still mostly sux.

Great news that Speed is live on saturday night this week!

Tomac has been great on Lites but lucked out last week. Did not see him taking first/closing the gap - leader wreck saved him for sure.

Also great to see Chad Reed doing his own thing and being at the top! And cool to see KTM in the mix finally but Dungey has been faltering. When I was in Cali last week we went to all the factory tracks. Dungey was working hard with the mechanics to get things dialed back in.

John

Huge bummer for Reed. Looks like he blew out his knee. The series will be less interesting without him.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Are you just going by the video? Anything I can find online is inconclusive and Reed will be seeing his doctor in the morning. Hopefully ti will be like one time I crashed and thought I screwed up my ankle. Planned on seeing my doctor in the morning but when I got up I felt great.

If Reed is out it is still a good two man battle, I dont see Stewart catching up unless both Villopoto and Dungey screw up.

I will say the Lites east belong to Barcia unless he hurts himself, I remember his first year I had a gut feeling he was going to develop into a great rider.

sucks i missed the race but damn that wasnt a very soft landing either...
    http://youtu.be/m-LZlR9A9RU

From Rider X: After a big crash in Dallas, while running in second, Bel-Ray TwoTwo Motorsports Chad Reed just confirmed that he has two broken ribs, broken spinous T6, torn ACL and a fractured tib/fib.

Worse than I expected.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Sucks to hear. He was riding really well. Hope this doesn't lead to his retirement, even though, I expect that it will.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Sounds like he wants to come back and race.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...221-1tktp.html
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    Sounds like he wants to come back and race.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...221-1tktp.html
    Want and can are two vastly different realms.
    I really admire CR determination and fortitude the last couple seasons.
    Just the fact he is still riding competively at this stage in his career says alot. Hope he heals well and quickly, but I'm afraid this season is a wash for him.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Yeah, I doubt he'll make the outdoor series, and may very well retire to team owner.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

While I admire his determination I have to think he is done racing and will just run his team. I did notice the comment that he will reevaluate the return date after the surgery

One thing that shocked me in that Sydney article is that he is paid more than Casey Stoner! While I was quite aware they were paid very well I had always assumed off road riders got less than the on road riders

That is kinda surprising. Assuming he's invested his money wisely, he can do whatever he wants. Reed gets my vote for Rock Hard, Ride Hard Award!
    Last edited by FZRguy; Tue Feb 21st, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Very interesting telephone interview with Reed last night! In summary, while he is not going to let his career end on this note coming back this year is very doubtful. TwoTwo Motorsports is out of Supercross this year, they will probably hire a rider for outdoors and next year will be Reeds final year of racing. After that he will just run the team.

I hear Jason Lawrence is available.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

very disappointing to hear. its been a great year to watch supercross and the battles have been awesome!

Anybody catch MudFest 2012 from Saturday? Wasn't as bad as 2008, but it was fun to watch...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.