Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

O.k. so I just got back into gaming(tonight actually). And damn I've got to say, I'm impressed with how technology has advance. I've now joined the ranks of Call of Duty fanatics. After seeing it at a friends house, I was intrigued about gaming again. Actually I saw the then new COD: Black Ops game and was hooked since then. Well the bug went away and after seeing the new Modern Warfare 3, I had to scratch this itch.

Now I am by far from anywhere remotely good at this game yet. Having only played it a handful of times at my friends house and for about an hour tonight. LOL took my 30 minutes to clear level one on campaign on recruit setting!! Yeah I died about 6 times HAHA!

Anyways, I was always a bit of a gamer in school. Had a original Nintendo when it came out. Then upgraded to a Sega Genesis(Sonic 2 will always = WIN!!! in my eyes). And then ended up with a Sega Saturn. Haven't touched a game or system since probably 1999 or 2000(I know I wasn't much past 20 when I last played a game).

But I'm glad I got a PS3, and this Modern Warfare shit is awesome!! Don't know how hardcore I'll get into it. But this is going to make Winter a hell of a lot easier. Plus I got one because I found I can link up with my friends and we can play on Playstations network and have some fun.

Not really a point to this thread other than to say, I finally know realize what you guys have been crazed about when these games come out. I've seen them in the past in commercials and so forth. But never really paid much attention. Well I will now...

to modern gaming..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Pong still rules...

MRA Racer No.427

It's a fun game. I recommend getting 1 and 2 as its a continuous story and 3 doesn't make much sense without playing the second. Otherwise you are probably wondering why the Ruskies are in New York Harbor.

Graphic wise I found 3 disappointing. I couldn't tell any difference over MW2 which was only a slight improvement over MW1.

I haven't played BF3 in weeks.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I'm stuck on Forza 4 now

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I'm stuck on Forza 4 now
    I've been playing that the most out of anything too, which still isn't a lot.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

I picked up the BF3. So tired of getting games that cost 60 bux and last a couple days through campaign. Online isn't appealing to me. I suck. i don't want to get my ass handed to me by an 8 year old. Is it that hard to make a game that you can spend more than 8 hours on?

Anyone played this in 3d yet (or any 3D game)? Thinking of getting a 3d tv, but have not heard how the PS3 3d games look.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I picked up the BF3. So tired of getting games that cost 60 bux and last a couple days through campaign. Online isn't appealing to me. I suck. i don't want to get my ass handed to me by an 8 year old. Is it that hard to make a game that you can spend more than 8 hours on?
    I'm kind of over the FPS genre as well.. I'm right there with you regarding online play. I'm not paying to listen to some foul mouthed spoiled brat talk smack.

Anyways, I just picked up the new Need for Speed (first time I've turned on the 360 in almost a year). The amount of career and challenge modes have been very entertaining. You can turn it on, play for a while, and turn it off... Definitely more than grenade chucking.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Online is the best part, the problem (for PC at least) is that it's full of people using hacks (ie aim bot).

$20 and you can download "skills" too. Heck, you can arrange in the hack's settings to automatically spin and shoot for you.

i bought 40k Warhammer Space Marines. That game is grt. Should hold me til SSX Deadly Decent comes out in February.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

I combat the issue of having to listen to kids and trolls by muting. Before every match, the people in the game lobby using a mic will have a speaker icon next to their name. I go thru and mute them before the game begins. FPS games now are much more than simple point-and-shoot. You have to give yourself time to get familiar with the maps, learn the spawn points, tailor your loadouts, etc. Its more strategic than most beginners realize. But after awhile it gets easier to plan your attacks. And thats a great reason why a new release is a good time to get into online play, because even the veterans have to relearn the maps and figure out their own tactics. It evens the playing field quite a bit for the first 4-6 weeks or so. Besides, I find getting owned by a computer-controlled opponent in campaign mode is much more aggravating than getting owned by some kid in multiplayer. At least in multiplayer you can blame lag or hacks or god knows what.

Also, +1 to Clovis' point about getting CoD4 and MW2, the storyline is continuous and it kinda sucks you in like a TV series, when a character dies, you kinda get pissed and feel like you weant to avenge the death lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    Also, +1 to Clovis' point about getting CoD4 and MW2, the storyline is continuous and it kinda sucks you in like a TV series, when a character dies, you kinda get pissed and feel like you weant to avenge the death lol!
    The last games I actually played through were Halo Reach and Portal 2. You spent the entire campaign in Halo watching your entire team get killed off one by one.

In Portal 2 - everyone's already dead... problem solved.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    I combat the issue of having to listen to kids and trolls by muting. Before every match, the people in the game lobby using a mic will have a speaker icon next to their name. I go thru and mute them before the game begins. FPS games now are much more than simple point-and-shoot. You have to give yourself time to get familiar with the maps, learn the spawn points, tailor your loadouts, etc. Its more strategic than most beginners realize. But after awhile it gets easier to plan your attacks. And thats a great reason why a new release is a good time to get into online play, because even the veterans have to relearn the maps and figure out their own tactics. It evens the playing field quite a bit for the first 4-6 weeks or so. Besides, I find getting owned by a computer-controlled opponent in campaign mode is much more aggravating than getting owned by some kid in multiplayer. At least in multiplayer you can blame lag or hacks or god knows what.

Have to agree with this. When watching my friend play on-line, he does the same thing. Goes through and mutes everyone, so you don't have to listen to all the BS from the kids.

I haven't played on-line yet with Modern Warfare 3, but I did play a little bit on Black Ops, and have to agree as well. It's much more entertaining chasing around other actual players and trying to light them up in capture the flag. Especially when you keep getting smoked by the same guy, you just zero in on him and return the favor(especially if they are camping out).

But yeah I did get my ass handed to me alot with on-line play. I wasn't the greatest and I'm still getting used to having to control a toggle with my right thumb, left hand is no problem. Although, after about an hour of playing campaign last night, I started to get the hang of things and was doing better.

I plan on getting COD MW2 and Black Ops as well. Black Ops was cool as it was the first I played, plus I get a real kick out of Nuketown map.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I enjoy MW3 but i have to admit im not digging the maps so much.

I am picking up Battlefield 3 on my way home tonight i have watched a few videos about it and read some reviews. Looks like the the graphics and sounds are a lot better and the maps are insanely huge with jets, tanks and what not. Looks like fun to me!!!

I've played MW3 a bit, but on the PC mostly. On the consoles, the graphics chips are so maxed out, there's only so much they can do to improve texture quality. I'm sure it's just another adventure... something they could have called an add-on to MW2.

Just finished Saint's Row III, and while it was buggy as fuck, it was a fun ass game. Next is Assassin's Creed Revelations!
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

im with you on mw3 maps, i think they blow hard. mw2 maps were so much better IMO. unfortunately cod turns me into a monster online when i cant keep 2.0 kdr.

and you could probably spend more than 8 hrs playing skyrim... i had hundreds into morrowind and oblivion but the days of living at home in school with no job are over so i wont be picking it up

Mrs. Clovis bought the new Assassian's Creed game. Came in the mail today. I'll give that a whirl.

MW1 had my favorite maps, I wish you could still play them on MW3.
    I put about 9 or 10 hours into skyrim the first 24 hours I had it, and then decided I shouldn't play anymore...too busy with other things
    '07 Monster 695

I will say this much, I'm getting my world rocked in Domination.... Talk about getting schooled by everyone in the map. I've had a few good kills. Gotta say, I hate campers...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

smoke grenades are your friend. i feel like they are so underutilized in domination

I agree with getting COD4(MW1) and MW2 if you're going to play the campaigns... which I really enjoy. The complete story is epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Graphic wise I found 3 disappointing. I couldn't tell any difference over MW2 which was only a slight improvement over MW1.
    +1

With all the improvements BF3 made over BF:BC2, I have to wonder wth happened to MW3. They farmed Black Ops out to Treyarch so they'd have more time for MW3's development--yet it looks and plays 99% like MW1/MW2...and imho the SP sucked.

Guess when you're the biggest dog on the block and you'll sell regardless you don't have to actually bother wasting time to make your game better...

But, overall, yes, for consoles, we've come quite a ways since Atari's "Battlefield" game--Combat:

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    im with you on mw3 maps, i think they blow hard. mw2 maps were so much better IMO. unfortunately cod turns me into a monster online when i cant keep 2.0 kdr.

and you could probably spend more than 8 hrs playing skyrim... i had hundreds into morrowind and oblivion but the days of living at home in school with no job are over so i wont be picking it up
    Yep, rather play the MW1 maps (the one in the rain was my favorite of all time for MW). BF3 maps shit all over MW3, you can go nearly anywhere, they're way larger, more fun, more destruction and you can actually drive the vehicles instead of just walking by their useless hulks or calling them in for support...

I've got 109hrs into Skyrim, and still only in Act 1 (though I am on the last Main Quest).

Black Knight--you should check out our list of CSC PSN IDs thread, and add people playing MW3 so you can join them...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson