Thread: Battle field 3

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Battle field 3

For you hardcore gamers out there,

I picked up Battle field 3 yesterday...Amazing, the sound quality and graphics are just insane!!! The maps are freaking awesome as well. I picked up some turtle beach DX 11's as well which improve the gaming experience to a whole new level.

Is there anyone who has played that has any tips and tricks to the game. I discovered sniping is nothing like MW3 or Black ops and you have to account for gravity. Anyone know how much higher you need to aim based on distance of the target? I am a big fan of sniping but i couldn't quite get the shot lined up right for the really long distance shots.

Other than that i like it much better than MW3 its more realistic and the maps are much better.

Re: Battle field 3

repost

i just like to fly helicopters through the tunnel and other places they shouldn't go

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    repost
    You lie... there is no Battle field 3 thread (at least i didnt find one) there is a MW3 thread.

i just like to fly helicopters through the tunnel and other places they shouldn't go
    I couldn't figure out how the fuck to fly the damn helicopter. I crashed it within seconds of taking off.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    You lie... there is no Battle field 3 thread (at least i didnt find one) there is a MW3 thread.
    you need moar search

I couldn't figure out how the fuck to fly the damn helicopter. I crashed it within seconds of taking off.
    you need moar practice

I haz a youtube vid of me taking it through the tunnel. My record is only having to land it once. Need to get it through without touching anything

you need moar search

you need moar practice

I haz a youtube vid of me taking it through the tunnel. My record is only having to land it once. Need to get it through without touching anything
    linky?

New task: Do it with a jet
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

There's no jets on herpderp tunnel map unfortunately.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

fuck. I'll find something cool with the jets, don't worry.

What rank do you have to be to unlock the C4 i wanna sneak up on some tanks n blow em up

fuck. I'll find something cool with the jets, don't worry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQNzyYsgQbw
    Awesome but...
    Nope, not me.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

What rank do you have to be to unlock the C4 i wanna sneak up on some tanks n blow em up
    Iono but that's what I want, I saw someone throw it in the chopper, jump out and blow it up on someone

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQNzyYsgQbw
    Awesome but...
    Nope, not me.
    no youtube at work, i'll have to see later

Iono but that's what I want, I saw someone throw it in the chopper, jump out and blow it up on someone

no youtube at work, i'll have to see later
    HAHAHAH thats awesome!!

I just got it yesterday in the mail for PS3, so hard to aim with Controllers vs a mouse. Still the graphics are nuts...very good indeed.

I assume most you talking about online play, I have not tried that yet...been playing the missions first to learn the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I just got it yesterday in the mail for PS3, so hard to aim with Controllers vs a mouse. Still the graphics are nuts...very good indeed.

I assume most you talking about online play, I have not tried that yet...been playing the missions first to learn the controls.
    Yea i jumped right into Multiplayer i plan to do some Campaign tonight though.

Are you playing on a PS3 Grim? If so I am always down to trade up games after I play them if you are interested.

Offer goes out to pretty much anyone that seems responsible or has been on the board for a while; just to make sure they trade back or don't jack up the disk.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Are you playing on a PS3 Grim? If so I am always down to trade up games after I play them if you are interested.

Offer goes out to pretty much anyone that seems responsible or has been on the board for a while; just to make sure they trade back or don't jack up the disk.
    Sounds like he's on PC or Xbox as the TB DX11 only lists PC and Xbox as compatible.
    Last edited by Ghost; Wed Nov 30th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I discovered sniping is nothing like MW3 or Black ops and you have to account for gravity. Anyone know how much higher you need to aim based on distance of the target? I am a big fan of sniping but i couldn't quite get the shot lined up right for the really long distance shots.

Other than that i like it much better than MW3 its more realistic and the maps are much better.
    Depends on the rifle in question, as the more powerful the round the less it drops at range. But, on the mil-dot sight and with the M110 I'm nearly one full dot higher than my target's head to get the shot at max range (like sniping from the island on the Metro Rush map into their spawn area).

Really, the key to sniping is to watch your shots--pay attention to where they're dropping and adjust for it. Between BF:BC2 and BF3 there's not any difference I can notice, and sniping becomes just a matter of "feel" and after a while you just "know" where to aim to hit.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Too bad the update totally fucked it up on ps3, all the guns are even now, and the realism is gone. No more oh shit moments when you get hit with a rocket while flying. IR sight is now useless as well. Hopefully that update doesn't hit the PC.

In regards to figuring out bullet drop on the sniper rifles, best way to learn is to get on a big map like Caspian border. You can get into an open area and watch how the tracer drops at given distances and adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Too bad the update totally fucked it up on ps3, all the guns are even now, and the realism is gone. No more oh shit moments when you get hit with a rocket while flying. IR sight is now useless as well. Hopefully that update doesn't hit the PC.

In regards to figuring out bullet drop on the sniper rifles, best way to learn is to get on a big map like Caspian border. You can get into an open area and watch how the tracer drops at given distances and adjust accordingly.
    Explain....what happened with the update?

Explain....what happened with the update?
    They further decreased bullet damage over distance with the sniper rifles, which was practically perfect where it was. The minimum distance was bumped up so no more hip firing, you pretty much have to be sighted up to hit the broad side of a barn with a sniper rifle now.

SMG's and shotguns now do way more damage than they should and have way more range. More or less assault rifles and SMG's are exactly the same, no more benefit of higher caliber et cetera.

The IR sight only illuminates and displays objects/threats within about 15 feet, otherwise everything is dark and looks like you're in a white out blizzard. Can't make out buildings or anything unless they're right in front of you.

You know when you're flying a chopper, and somebody pegs the tail rotor with a rocket? Pretty damn hard to recover, until now. Now when you get hit all you get is a warning light and the screen shakes a little bit.

MG's are fucking useless now unless you're burst firing it. A guy can be 10 feet in front of you, and if you're full auto dead centered on em nothing registers. It's like you're firing blanks.

I'll grab the change log from EA in a few minutes, which goes over what all changed. They more or less took a nearly perfect game, and homogenized it for all the whiny twelve year olds that bitched about the game being too hard to get used to. I'm going to start fucking around with my buddies server and see if we can change those settings, that way if they do patch it and fuck everything up we can try to fix everything back as best as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    They further decreased bullet damage over distance with the sniper rifles, which was practically perfect where it was. The minimum distance was bumped up so no more hip firing, you pretty much have to be sighted up to hit the broad side of a barn with a sniper rifle now.

SMG's and shotguns now do way more damage than they should and have way more range. More or less assault rifles and SMG's are exactly the same, no more benefit of higher caliber et cetera.

The IR sight only illuminates and displays objects/threats within about 15 feet, otherwise everything is dark and looks like you're in a white out blizzard. Can't make out buildings or anything unless they're right in front of you.

You know when you're flying a chopper, and somebody pegs the tail rotor with a rocket? Pretty damn hard to recover, until now. Now when you get hit all you get is a warning light and the screen shakes a little bit.

MG's are fucking useless now unless you're burst firing it. A guy can be 10 feet in front of you, and if you're full auto dead centered on em nothing registers. It's like you're firing blanks.

I'll grab the change log from EA in a few minutes, which goes over what all changed. They more or less took a nearly perfect game, and homogenized it for all the whiny twelve year olds that bitched about the game being too hard to get used to. I'm going to start fucking around with my buddies server and see if we can change those settings, that way if they do patch it and fuck everything up we can try to fix everything back as best as possible.
    I'm on PS3, and I'm hating the changes. Playing Metro last night put nearly a full belt from the 249 into someone from prone, with the bipod out, and he ran through it and shot me with his SMG, his health was like 85%...

The game was nearly-perfect in balance the way it was, now it's complete bullshit, feels like COD...

Awesome. Thanks EA...

BTW: PSN/Xbox ID thread:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=43694
    Last edited by Ghost; Fri Dec 2nd, 2011 at 01:13 PM.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson