Thread: Thoughts on my day at CDR

Thoughts on my day at CDR

Since my bike wasn't ready, I played cornerworker/flagger for the whole day. Very different perspective. Some views (I was stationed under the bridge):

- being on the edge of the track is the best way to observe the game without being on a bike
    - it's amazing how squirrelly bikes get on a bumpy track
    - Corbin Swan's fall was gnarly, Moriah Waterland's was awful
    - cornerworkers truly rock, they bust ass out there all day long for what - free cheeseburgers and change?
    - I'd rather race...

Don't get me wrong, I was fascinated out there today. I will be a cornerworker any time I can't race. And if I get too caught up in the racing and forget to say it, Thank You cornerworker guys and girls for standing out there in the sun (or rain) so we racers can be stupid...
    Joe
    MRA #59

Joe,
    You did great out there today. It is always cool to get people out there that work off the hours, they tend to give us an "in cab" perspective on what we can only see from the sidelines. Having the riders experience in the corners help to anticipate falls. (You called Corbins fall a lap ahead of time!) Thanks again for your help and for doing an awsome job on such a busy day!!!

Props to Bueller too! He only dates ugly chicks!! jk!

conerwork on conerworkas

Sol Performance/ Preilli Race tires ...........Buy and sell take offs!!
    solperformance@gmail.com .............. www.2ndroll.com
    233. S. Madsion Ave. Loveland, CO 80537
    970.SOL.TIRE

nice work today Joe. i agree it's cool to get a racers perspective.

and oscar... "cornerwork on cornerworkas"??? what the hell is that?? it should be work on workas... your way is too wordy. but you are the expert i spose.

correct on correctas
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Re: Thoughts on my day at CDR

It as a good time getting my last hours done Sat. with Scer and having King poopiepants across the track to make fun of. I am glad I got out of there before it got really warm . With my weekend I probably should have just CW'ed the entire weekend
    But definate big thanks to you all for being there and picking me up in 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Black";p="215269
    and oscar... "cornerwork on cornerworkas"??? what the hell is that?? it should be work on workas... your way is too wordy. but you are the expert i spose.

correct on correctas
    I will try to keep it simple, just for you Jeff!!!

pretension on pretensionas --better?

970.SOL.TIRE

What happened with Moriah and Corbin??? I'm hoping neither of them were injured.

Were those the only crashes of mention for the day?
    The rolling chicane formerly known as RockyR6

There was a hella crash a couple of laps into Novice fast practice in 5 #176 Corey Smith got hurt and ended up in the hospital, sounds like nothing broken just got his bell rung pretty good. His wife has posted it on the mra forum. Didn't look good, he was definatly out for awhile.

Hey Joe- hit me up at any race and we'll get your novice card taken care of. Thanks for all your help out there.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by NineTwoFour";p="215299
    What happened with Moriah and Corbin??? I'm hoping neither of them were injured.

Were those the only crashes of mention for the day?
    Those were the 2 in turn 3 on Sunday. Turn 3 collected a few this weekend and almost collected about 20 others.

Corbin's bike hit hte bridge in 3 ( I saw him walking around in the afternoon, he did not look hurt), not too sure what happened to Waterland, I think they red flagged the race for her, so must have been something .
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="215402
    Corbin's bike hit hte bridge in 3 ( I saw him walking around in the afternoon, he did not look hurt), not too sure what happened to Waterland, I think they red flagged the race for her, so must have been something .
    Moriah (waterland) also crashed under the bridge, nasty crash, not sure what happend but she her bike hit the barrier on the left and I saw her running backwards and then walking behind the barrier after so I think shes alright...

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44";p="215406
    Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="215402
    Moriah (waterland) also crashed under the bridge, nasty crash, not sure what happend but she her bike hit the barrier on the left and I saw her running backwards and then walking behind the barrier after so I think shes alright...
    Ahh chicks on race bikes... mmmmm mmmmm sexy!
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Moriah's OK, kind of a shoulder separation, general bumps and bruises, I just talked to Scott at TFOG. It looked like she really got slapped when she hit, it happened like 10 feet in front of me. I had pointed out to Oscar that some of the bikes were getting way out of shape going into the bridge "tunnel" and then sometimes the exit was just as squirrelly. Kevin McGuire,the BMW rider, #205, caught the end of the curb on the inside entrance under the bridge and was thrown clear out of the seat, the bike off the ground, and held on and pulled out one helluva save. Another twin rider (can't remember who) started to highside on the exit, somehow held on, the bike skipped to highside 2 or 3 more times, he did a spectacular save, Oscar and I were already turned to run.
    Joe
    MRA #59

too bad I couldn't have been there to work with you guys this weekend. Hope you guys had fun and everyone who crashed heals quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by green12";p="215640
    Moriah's OK, kind of a shoulder separation, general bumps and bruises, I just talked to Scott at TFOG. It looked like she really got slapped when she hit, it happened like 10 feet in front of me. I had pointed out to Oscar that some of the bikes were getting way out of shape going into the bridge "tunnel" and then sometimes the exit was just as squirrelly. Kevin McGuire,the BMW rider, #205, caught the end of the curb on the inside entrance under the bridge and was thrown clear out of the seat, the bike off the ground, and held on and pulled out one helluva save. Another twin rider (can't remember who) started to highside on the exit, somehow held on, the bike skipped to highside 2 or 3 more times, he did a spectacular save, Oscar and I were already turned to run.
    That would be good ol Mikey #25. Who also put his vote in for that being the save of the day. I second that motion with #205 being a close 2nd.

Doug was a bad ass flagger and I didn't have to worry about him being on key. There you happy now Doug, Morbo, Kingnothing, ,notto or who ever you are today. ha ha

work on workas!!!

970.SOL.TIRE

Doug was a bad, ass flogger

Oh sorry I guess I read it wrong