Thread: Software Support Engineer - Denver Tech. Center

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Software Support Engineer - Denver Tech. Center

Refreshed as of 3/25/2014...

My job will soon be hiring yet another new Support Engineer, based out of our DTC office, which is located at I25 and I225. If you have an advanced ability to learn and troubleshoot a highly technical software suite, across multiple operating systems, and as-deployed across multiple network infrastructures and telephony platforms, please let me know as soon as possible, and include a resume.

While the learning curve is admittedly steep and ramp-up is unavoidable, advanced level knowledge in any of the following, would be highly desirable:
    - Windows server
    - All flavors of UX
    - HP NonStop/Tandem <---- this one would be huge.
    - Cisco UC
    - Avaya telephony
    - SQL Server

Salary would be dependent on the skills you could legitimately bring to the table running, but the company is generally competitive and generous to their loyal employees. We're based out of Australia, so the US benefits match what is provided to that office. Some of the nicer perks include:
    - Good amount of PTO, public holidays, and floating days. (Sick time is separate)
    - Top-flight medical/dental/vision and secondary insurances
    - 401k contribution from the company, even if the employee does not (vested immediately)
    - Performance bonuses paid out quarterly, based on KPIs
    - Compensation for any on-call performed. (Minimal time on)
    - Twice-monthly pay periods
    - More...

So yeah... that's about it in a nutshell. The corporate culture around this place is great; to say we're a work-hard/play-hard kind of place would be understating it.

Anyhow.... if this sounds like your kinda place just send me your resume at: itsbarn<at>hotmail.com
    I'll talk to you and get a feel for how you might fit and hopefully get your resume in front of my Director!
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Mar 25th, 2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: We've moved from UHC to Cigna for med-bennies.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: Software Support Engineer - Denver Tech. Center

TTT.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

If we didn't have prior experience would we still be considered
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Looks like we're expanding the team again. Please see Post #1 for details.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    If we didn't have prior experience would we still be considered
    Eric, to answer your question it's hard to say. Think of it less as the experience that you don't have, but rather as the experiences that you do . You certainly don't need years and years of IT to be considered as an applicant, but you do have to show us that you're technically savvy to a particular degree.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Aug 21st, 2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Spelling mostly...
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Formerly known as "redrider" Monster's Avatar

This sounds cool. Do you want a resume PMed to you or do you just put us in touch with the hiring manager?

I couldn't help but notice the 2000 referral bonus
    Honda 95 f3-sold
    Honda 01 f4i-sold
    Honda 01-f4i-sold
    Suzuki-02 GSXR 1000 sold
    Kawasaki 08 zx6r Monster edition Sold
    VTX 1800
    05 CBR 600
    03 CBR 954
    05 ninja 636

Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    This sounds cool. Do you want a resume PMed to you or do you just put us in touch with the hiring manager?
    If you could please email it to me at the above mentioned address, that would be great.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    If you could please email it to me at the above mentioned address, that would be great.
    Barn's actual identity revealed!

Don't forget the cover sheet!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Sooo.....
    Peter.

What's happening...?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

^ Haha!

Yeahhhhhhhhh, we kind over need to play catchup over the weekend.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Interested in hiring another professional computer nerd to come learn, apply, troubleshoot and ultimately fix..... A candidate for world's most complicated software!

I don't think much has changed from what previously has been posted, but what I'm hoping to do with people who contact me [please PM if possible], is have a quick phone conversation first. As far as your experience goes, you need to at least have *something* that hints of "technical support" to probably [read: realistically] get a phone call with my boss. Once we talk though, I can see how deep in the technical troubleshooting pool you're willing to swim.

I have a PD available upon request.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the sooner the better! Our "Global" is in town, and he's a strike when the iron is hot kinda guy!
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Mar 25th, 2014 at 02:49 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson