Thread: Valentino on Dirt

DW
    2001 GSX-R750 (Sold)
    2007 DRZ400E
    2009 Grizzly 700

Re: Valentino on Dirt

cause it worked out so well for Hayden!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Cool. I imagine dirt riding would help in paved circuit racing where traction becomes "iffy".
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

I know for a fact that by me crosstraining on dirt and pavement it has made me a better rider overall. I have always tried to keep a dirty in the stable.
    I am also a proponent of the more seat time the better.
    Even a slow cruise across town reveals tools to make myself either safer, more aware, and or better prepared to get the most out of this lifestyle.
    In the late seventies/early eighties I would jump on the ol' XS650 and spend all day in the canyons up north, as I lived from FT. Fun to Louisville just exploring all the roads. Bought it from Ricky Orlando at the MC shop over by Folsom and Canyon. Not really ripping it up or anything, but those years set me up for the better/faster bikes that came down the pike around the turn of the century. I remember a buddy buying the zx10 and me going north out of Louisville looking down and seeing 120, and thinking I still had 3 more gears to go. That was the ride that hooked me on sportbikes, as my XS would do 120 if it was pushed out of a plane. My girlfriends swore I was out whoring around being gone all day, and they were right in a sense. That old Yami was always ready to get ridden and never tired. I remember doing Boulder Canyon on a weekday and only seeing 10 vehicles all the way to Nederland. And two of those were bicycles. Great times for sure. Sorry for the nostalgia, back to your regular programming..................
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    cause it worked out so well for Hayden!

Hayden was a dirttracker before he road raced...

I also don't think this was Rossi's first time on an MX bike seeing as he owns a track.

Sorry... forgot the </sarcasm>...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.