Thread: Rossi preps like a man

Rossi preps like a man

He built a course for flat tracking in his yard to prep for next season. Inadvertently admits American racers are gangster

stolen from another forum
    http://2wheeltuesday.com/2011/12/mot...r-2012-season/

Re: Rossi preps like a man

Awesome.... In all honesty, Rossi could use the practice. Dont get me wrong, he's an amazingly talented rider, but he doesnt appear to have the control over the bike of other riders, Casey Stoner for instance. Stoner man-handles that thing around the track, and is an absolute blast to watch ride, even if he rides for a team im not all that fond of. And, moreso, his style and abilities obviously work, given the simple fact most of his wins were acheived seconds ahead of second place. Is it time for the '11 season yet? dammit!?
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

YOURE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

I just wanna see more spies, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand View Post
    I just wanna see more spies, really.
    YESSS!!
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by FZjake719 View Post
    Awesome.... In all honesty, Rossi could use the practice. Dont get me wrong, he's an amazingly talented rider, but he doesnt appear to have the control over the bike of other riders, Casey Stoner for instance. Stoner man-handles that thing around the track, and is an absolute blast to watch ride, even if he rides for a team im not all that fond of. And, moreso, his style and abilities obviously work, given the simple fact most of his wins were acheived seconds ahead of second place. Is it time for the '11 season yet? dammit!?
    Couple things:
    1. The Ducati, in present form, sucks.
    2. Casey has always been good at riding the traction control systems, and the Ducati, when he won on it, had the best in addition to the most power by far. Now, the Honda is the best, as evidenced by all the top runners riding the Honda. Take away the TC as Rossi advocated, and Stoner would be right back where he was in the early years. Granted, he's definately gotten better, but on anything near equal machinery, Rossi would smoke him like an OWS protester on a blunt.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Couple things:
    2. Casey has always been good at riding the traction control systems, and the Ducati, when he won on it, had the best in addition to the most power by far. Now, the Honda is the best, as evidenced by all the top runners riding the Honda. Take away the TC as Rossi advocated, and Stoner would be right back where he was in the early years. Granted, he's definately gotten better, but on anything near equal machinery, Rossi would smoke him like an OWS protester on a blunt.
    Very, very true.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Couple things:
    I agree, Rossi is an amazing rider, but the ability to adapt to your bike and it's characeteristics also define a great rider, IMHO. Casey can do that.

Im a Rossi fan, through and through, I simply think he's not vibing with the Duc like he did on the Honda and Yamaha in the past. He was nowhere near as close to the front of the pack as i thought he'd be, which was dissapointing to me.
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

I agree, Rossi is an amazing rider, but the ability to adapt to your bike and it's characeteristics also define a great rider, IMHO. Casey can do that.

Im a Rossi fan, through and through, I simply think he's not vibing with the Duc like he did on the Honda and Yamaha in the past. He was nowhere near as close to the front of the pack as i thought he'd be, which was dissapointing to me.
    To put things in perspective:
    Rossi:
    1 125cc title
    1 250cc title
    1 500cc title
    1 1000cc MotoGP title
    3 800cc MotoGP titles

Titles riding for: Aprilia, Honda, Yamaha

Now, who's the most versatile rider again?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I know his GP track record man. You're not comprehending what im saying lol
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675

I know his GP track record man. You're not comprehending what im saying lol
    Guess my point was that Rossi "adapted" to far more different bikes (both in 2-stroke and 4-stroke in 4 different engine sizes), and won championships on them than Casey has, or likely ever will, so I guess I didn't understand how you could claim otherwise. Casey has only won 2, in 800cc 4-stroke only, and both times on the best bike. Am I missing something?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Bold section refers to his dirt track style technique, his seemingly effortless control over the bike, and quite literally how fun he is to watch ride.

And as i've said, time and time again, Im not saying Stoner is a better rider than Rossi, simply saying he sure as hell seems a LOT more at home on and used to the Honda, something time and practice will hopefully bring Rossi on the Duc.
    '02 Yamaha FZ1(SOLD)
    '06 Triumph Daytona 675