Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL-1

Re: 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL-1

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    I drove the 11 CTS-V 2 door, and I'd take that car over anything priced near it.
    That was my goal, a 2 or 4 door, however, even used, it's a bit out of my price range. However in another year or two.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    That was my goal, a 2 or 4 door, however, even used, it's a bit out of my price range. However in another year or two.....
    Used GT-Rs are now in the high 50s/low 60s, I think if things ever worked out, I'd go find a nice clean one and make it...dirty.

While some are undoubtedly thrashed and ragged to shit, with that price tag new there's quite a few "older gentlemen" who buy them to putter around in and pretend their penis still works.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Used GT-Rs are now in the high 50s/low 60s, I think if things ever worked out, I'd go find a nice clean one and make it...dirty.

While some are undoubtedly thrashed and ragged to shit, with that price tag new there's quite a few "older gentlemen" who buy them to putter around in and pretend their penis still works.
    GT-Rs cost a fortune in maintenance to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    GT-Rs cost a fortune in maintenance to keep.
    Unfortunately I can't afford the brake job on that car....so it's no where near my list of cars to own.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Unfortunately I can't afford the brake job on that car....so it's no where near my list of cars to own.
    Yeah, that is pricey. Though I doubt the CTS-V is much cheaper, I know my STI isn't wallet-friendly in that regard. When I was a service writer it always amused and saddened me when these kids would come in with STIs or used M3s and get the price tag for new brakes...

Still, IF I had the money, it's too awesome a car to not try to own at least once...BUT, luckily, I don't have the money, so I don't have to worry about it.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yeah, that is pricey. Though I doubt the CTS-V is much cheaper, I know my STI isn't wallet-friendly in that regard. When I was a service writer it always amused and saddened me when these kids would come in with STIs or used M3s and get the price tag for new brakes...

Still, IF I had the money, it's too awesome a car to not try to own at least once...BUT, luckily, I don't have the money, so I don't have to worry about it.

Just looked it up, brake pads for the CTS-V will run you 120 a set......

One of the reasons I bought the mustang over the Evo was the cost of things. American cars are just cheap to own, even performance ones. Japanese and Euro performance cars cost a fortune to own.
    Last edited by laspariahs; Tue Dec 20th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Funny people comparing CTS-V to a Viper and what have you...two different animals. Also funny people comparing WRX's to the Camero.
    They are all about fun!! Compare away! Plus, the Viper and CTSV I drove were virtually the same price and the buyer was shopping both, so he was definitely comparing.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000