Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In case you can't wait until tomorrow...(Prometheus)

Senior Member Moderator

Re: In case you can't wait until tomorrow...(Prometheus)

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Sweet, another movie Mrs. Clovis won't go to see with me

She doesn't like scary movies.
    My wife and I will go with you. I love the Alien franchise (except for Alien 3, and Resurrection) and my wife loves scary movies!

Resurrection
    that one is whack....and is a favorite.

Sweet, another movie Mrs. Clovis won't go to see with me

She doesn't like scary movies.
    Go with Grim, you can hold hands and share a soda.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Just as long as we can get two straws. I don't want to share spit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Go with Grim, you can hold hands and share a soda.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Just as long as we can get two straws. I don't want to share spit!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

For you Alien fans that are looking forward to Prometheus - http://blog.ted.com/ted2023/
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    For you Alien fans that are looking forward to Prometheus - http://blog.ted.com/ted2023/
    That's awesome.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

very cool...

I didn't know this, but when I was watching the video, it reminded me of the "1984 Apple ad". Turns out, there's a reason for that... It was directed by Ridley Scott.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Sounds killer, can't wait to watch the trailer after work.

- Yes, the Hobbit is in two parts. I think part-1 is this December, part-2 a year after? IT WILL BE EPIC! I read that Jackson tried to make the story center more on Smaug (the red dragon) as the main character. Everything else revolves around him. If you read the book, you know "The Ring" is even of secondary importance (before LoTR). This should make it very interesting, instead of the usual obvious Disney/Hollywood crap.

*LoTR fan and Tolken worshipper since the 80's*

- The third StarWars prequel was the only one worth a shit, because it was actually kinda dark, and a little less Disney-ish. The others were ok if you got super-stoned enough (for the space/action/fighting scenes), AND could somehow bear the torturous retarded JarJar Binks parts.

The haters can hate, understandable. BUT, as Lucas has explained many times, these movies were not made just for us, they were made to appeal to ALL ages, including little kids. So of course it's not gonna be a sweet rated-R coolfest like Aliens and BladeRunner, which were made for adults, not kiddies. I'm sure Spielberg had a part in making them too kiddyish, ugh. Just like he fucked up the second half of "A.I.". Normally Kubric is super-dark, but he died halfway through the making of A.I., sadly.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Fuck Lucas. Everything great in Star Wars was from collaborating with someone else, once he was free to do whatever he wanted he crapped out 3.5 of the shittiest movies known to mankind.

Watch the Pinket reviews at Red Letter Media for a great dissection of just how rotten the bloated corpse of Star Wars is.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

What's the other crappy half-movie?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    What's the other crappy half-movie?
    ROTJ. Ewoks + recycled Death Star = crap.

While I didn't include it, there's also Howard The Duck to add to the list of utter shit movies involving George.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Of course WE hate Ewoks, they're ridiculous cutesie muppets. Like I said, that aspect was for kids. I'm not a parent, but if I was one, I think I'd appreciate RotJ more. I wouldn't take my kiddies to go see Aliens or BladeRunner obviously, lol.

Of course WE hate Ewoks, they're ridiculous cutesie muppets. Like I said, that aspect was for kids. I'm not a parent, but if I was one, I think I'd appreciate RotJ more. I wouldn't take my kiddies to go see Aliens or BladeRunner obviously, lol.
    Except I hated Ewoks as a kid.

I thought they were lame and even then I couldn't believe the badass Storm Troopers who annihilated the Rebels on Hoth could be defeated by midgets in fur suits.

As Pinket observed in his reviews, kids want to be heroes, and adults, they don't want to be teddy bears (except those few who become Furries as adults).

Meh.

As to Aliens & Blade Runner, I saw them and Predator and a slew of R-rated movies as a kid. Wasn't a big deal then, and not convinced it's one now.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Furries & plushies, hahaa. The world is definitely a strange place.

Maybe I'm just thinking about younger "kiddies" than you are, not pre-teens. Not all kiddies are "billy badasses" already, and might actually get a kick out of Ewoks.

Furries & plushies, hahaa. The world is definitely a strange place.

Maybe I'm just thinking about younger "kiddies" than you are, not pre-teens. Not all kiddies are "billy badasses" already, and might actually get a kick out of Ewoks.
    I think they'd enjoy Ewoks more if all their furry little chests burst open and little Aliens shot out at the audience in 3D.

When Lucas finally tweaks the movies to that point then I'll gladly go watch.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Man, I so want this to be *good*.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Next trailer's also up:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9jRaa4Wkbk

Problem with any prequel, and with these trailers, is that the "this could be the end of the world" hype always falls flat--you know from the current movies/canon that nothing on LV426 makes it back to earth...so that kinda deflates all the tension.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Another one--seems their really pushing out trailers to build the hype.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq7Z3pqJ4dY
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I cant wait to see this. I finally watch all the others around 6 months ago, I cant believe I was missing out on this series :P
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    I cant wait to see this. I finally watch all the others around 6 months ago, I cant believe I was missing out on this series :P
    Better late than never I suppose--and at least you did it before seeing Prometheus. From the previews, it seems like it's heavily entrenched in the canon of the series, not knowing it would make it just another space/monster/save-the-earth flick.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Last night, I just watched the big HD trailer streamed from Youtube onto my big screen. SICK SICK SICK. That Prometheus ship is badass. Glad it's mainly unknown actors too (except Charlize?), much cooler.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Last night, I just watched the big HD trailer streamed from Youtube onto my big screen. SICK SICK SICK. That Prometheus ship is badass. Glad it's mainly unknown actors too (except Charlize?), much cooler.
    I would disagree with unknown actors...

Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class, Inglorious Basterds, 300, and my personal favorite - Centurion (can't recommend that movie enough!!!)

Noomi Raplace - THE ORIGINAL version of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (in native tongue).

Guy Pearce - The King's Speech, The Hurt Locker, The Time Machine, Memento, L.A. Confidential, Mildred Pierce

Patrick Wilson - Watchmen, A-Team, Phantom of the Opera...

So it's not like it's packed with "draw" names like a George Clooney or a Kate Beckinsale... but it has some serious up and coming / well rounded talent.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3