Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting range?

shooting range?

I live in Springs and I have been trying to find a shooting range for handguns that I can goto without having to pay a rediculous yearly fee. I am not military.

Does anyone know of a range I can pay a daily fee in Springs or even in Denver?
    -Travis-

Re: shooting range?

Dragon mans. $10 a day.

It's out off 94 towards Schriever AFB. OUtdoor range

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

it also has to be safe, i don't want to shoot in someone's back yard. I'll look into Dragonman's thank you. Anyone have a review on this place?
    -Travis-

+1 on Dragonmans: http://www.dragonmans.com/
    But they do strictly enforce proper handling and conduct. Got in trouble for not waiting to shoot before EVEYONE was done selecting targets. Even the person on the other end... .
    Otherwise, go into the mountains by woodland park. Forgot the area. Just follow the shooting noise!

Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    it also has to be safe, i don't want to shoot in someone's back yard. I'll look into Dragonman's thank you. Anyone have a review on this place?
    What's wrong with the backyard? LOL

. It's outdoors and they have a range control officer. They use pallets for target backing. Nothing fancy. Just staple your target and prop it up. It's always been a safe experience for me.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Thanks guys/girls i appretiate it. i'll definetly check it out.
    -Travis-

In Denver I like Cherry Creek State Park--it's relatively cheap and it's outdoors (which is just my personal preference).
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

For "uncontrolled" shooting, Rampart Range Rd. I had the pleasure to shoot a friend's machine gun at all the crap that was up there and it was fun.
    I did way better with the machine gun than the .45cal. And did I mention it was fun?

There is a lot of weirdos up there. Be safe.

yea, i've heard of that place enough to know i'll probably avoid it haha. Thanks for the other good suggestion though cheers
    -Travis-

What? You don't like uncontrolled machine guns firing at ya? Cheers.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In Denver I like Cherry Creek State Park--it's relatively cheap and it's outdoors (which is just my personal preference).
    Went there a few months ago they were selling Osama bin Laden target pictures to shoot at...good times were had

Indoor range in Lakewood: http://blucoreshootingcenter.com/

In what used to be Foothills Shooting center, but completely remodeled. 5 100 yard indoor rifle lanes, 12 pistol lanes, excellent lighting and ventilation, excellent reviews. Free lane rentals and discounted ammo with yearly membership($300).
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Indoor range in Lakewood: http://blucoreshootingcenter.com/

In what used to be Foothills Shooting center, but completely remodeled. 5 100 yard indoor rifle lanes, 12 pistol lanes, excellent lighting and ventilation, excellent reviews. Free lane rentals and discounted ammo with yearly membership($300).
    This is where I go. $17 per hour non military, no membership. And it's prorated so if you are only there for 30 min, you only pay 8.50.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    This is where I go. $17 per hour non military, no membership. And it's prorated so if you are only there for 30 min, you only pay 8.50.
    Wow, $17/hour??? That's what I'm used to paying for a whole day.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

I'm pretty sure the Forest Service closed Rampart Range a few years back. Dragon's is a good place, near town. You can rent machineguns from him also.

Other than him, I'm pretty sure they are all member only ranges.

Whistling Pines was a nice place, and your membership is transferrable. The monthly dues weren't too much, and it is a higher class of people generally who shoot there. They also sponsor competitions. They were in the process of opening a 360 degree range in there for IPSC type stuff. Don't know if they ever did. Selling my membership there was one of the hardest choices I made, but since I no longer live in the Springs, it was a good choice.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    I live in Springs and I have been trying to find a shooting range for handguns that I can goto without having to pay a rediculous yearly fee. I am not military.

Does anyone know of a range I can pay a daily fee in Springs or even in Denver?
    are you an NRA member? If so there is Frontier sportsman club. $75 a year and open every day. 7.5, 10, 15, 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 1000yd ranges. covered. A plus is that the people that go there are all trained so you dont have idiots doing stupid crap.
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    Wow, $17/hour??? That's what I'm used to paying for a whole day.
    It's a matter of convenience for me. I can shoot at bluecore and be home before I would have even gotten to anywhere else. And no cherry creek range nazis.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    It's a matter of convenience for me. I can shoot at bluecore and be home before I would have even gotten to anywhere else. And no cherry creek range nazis.
    Yea they get mad at you if you fire too quickly

Just heard of this place out by Byers (close to HPR) called Lead Valley. Membership is $150 per year. http://www.leadvalleyrange.com/
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Acacia Park, downtown Colorado Springs. Aim for the hippies

http://ppfc.org/ranges.htm

Rampart was closed in 2009 following a (accidental?) shooting.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

I heard about the accident. I assumed it is back open because I hear gun fire every time I hike the incline. Where is the sound coming from?

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Acacia Park, downtown Colorado Springs. Aim for the hippies

http://ppfc.org/ranges.htm

Rampart was closed in 2009 following a (accidental?) shooting.
    Why the hate for the hippies? They are the mellow people, just getting thier smoke on. I would aim for the meth heads myself, they seem to behave way more erratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2 View Post
    I heard about the accident. I assumed it is back open because I hear gun fire every time I hike the incline. Where is the sound coming from?
    RR Shooting Range is closed for good due to the "accident". People still go up there and shoot even though it is well posted not to. There is suppose to be a no shooting region from basically Garden of the Gods all the way up RRR till the Rampart Res. Also in the National Forests there is a rule of no shooting within close proximity of roads, campgrounds, and trails, I dont know the exact measurement. I reallly don't know where the firing is if you are on the incline, RR is clear on the other side of Manitou heading north, whereas the incline is heading west up Pikes Peak. Perhaps some persons near the trails going up the Peak.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Yea they get mad at you if you fire too quickly
    I think they've become very strict with everything and anything done at the range due to the "incident" a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Went there a few months ago they were selling Osama bin Laden target pictures to shoot at...good times were had
    Yeah, I saw those, and around Halloween when I went they had Zombie targets, so you can prepare for the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

For the $15 or $18 per day, no time limit, outdoor range, I think it's worth some strictness, and if it keeps some idiot from waving his gun across the firing line, I'm OK with that too.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson