CSC forum gods and trolls:

So my little sister is stuck in a situation that really sucks. Her downstairs neighbor constantly calls the cops on her for her dog, for her walking across her condo, for her doing anything he deems unreasonable. She does have hardwood floors, and she works strange hours because she's a nurse. But she doesn't clomp around (I'm not sure she even owns heels), and tries to be respectful as much as she possibly can. One actually wonders if this guy has EVER lived in a condo, or with an upstairs neighbor.

She has already been to court for her dog barking, though the evidence he provided I don't believe was her dog, but another neighbor that is gone now. The point was, he has "evidence" (his word written down on when her dog was barking), and she was convicted of a barking dog ticket that she had to pay a fine for.

The cops have come over to her place numerous times, have told her stories like they won't come over unless he and another person calls about her dog, etc. He has turned down mediation at least 3 times. He called once when she was asleep at 5am, the cops wouldn't ring/knock cause all her lights were out, and then when they left he pounded on the door till she woke up and answered. Of course her dog was barking at someone pounding on the door. He yelled at her when she answered her door.

Now here's the question: How can you prove something like this, without having "proof"? Or is that all that matters? Video, sound recordings, written accounts by her, what can she do to get any kind of recourse? She doesn't want to move. This is starting to escalate, this morning she woke up to a broken windshield. Looks to me like someone put a hammer through it, big 2" hole in it, rest is spiderweb shattered. It was definitely not a random rock kicking up from a tire. Of course she has no proof that it was him, but no other cars were touched. Is there anything she can do? Or should I buy a video system and set it up to record everything from now on out?

Thanks in advance