Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket on I-25 HOV - Advise please

Re: Ticket on I-25 HOV - Advise please

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    You did tell the cop that you had to deficate sooo bad or you were gonna crap your pants, right?
    I actually used that back in Ocala Florida on a back road....was doing high 90's down the road, got pulled over. Luckily, I just had surgery recently and still had stitches showing in my abdomen, played it off that I seriously was about to unload....if needed on the side of the road.

Cop let me go with a warning, I stopped at the next gas station and used their bathroom, came walking out and noticed the cop was there in the parking lot.

Ahh yes, the bubble gut defense!

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    You did tell the cop that you had to deficate sooo bad or you were gonna crap your pants, right?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

I've been there before. You know you really have to go when you seriously consider dropping a deuce on the side of the road and using a pine cone to wipe.

Lesson learned, throw a little travel pack of Kleenex in your bag because you never know when bubble gut will strike, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    I actually used that back in Ocala Florida on a back road....was doing high 90's down the road, got pulled over. Luckily, I just had surgery recently and still had stitches showing in my abdomen, played it off that I seriously was about to unload....if needed on the side of the road.

Cop let me go with a warning, I stopped at the next gas station and used their bathroom, came walking out and noticed the cop was there in the parking lot.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Had a 32 point ticket dropped to 4 points with a lawyer and I had a less then great driving record was in a car though, from what I remember the cop can not camp to close to an accidents

But in any case its just 3 months of no driving or 6 on a red, if its your first time going over points
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

you are lucky he didn't arrest you. Anything 25 and over they can arrest you on the spot. But, I'd spend a little dough on a lawyer. He may not be able to make it dissappear, but he will most likely get it reduced. Good luck. It's hard for me to keep it under triple digits myself. I see an open lane and my throttle opens automatically. I think it's a factory issue....

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I looked into a lawyer, $1500 flat fee. He said after things are said and done probably about 500 in fines but he can't promise anything. he said he has had clients doing 130+ and they kept their license.

Everything is colorado tags and license. I just am wondering do i go and try at it myself and use the 1500 towards the penalties, fines, etc. or pay the man and hope he works wonders. either way being first offense, no priors on any account. i mean it's not like was driving drunk or killed someone or even doing both.

I typically commute on the bike as it's much cheaper to park, maintenance, etc.

Needless to say i haven't been on the bike since, that and it's been cold out.

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    Not correct. The court will not accept just a card. You must have a printed letter from your insurance agent saying you had insurance on "xxx day" when it occured.
    Yeah, it's a municipal thing. Aurora made me have my agent fax over a letter stating that insurance was in effect at the time I was stopped. Then they collected a $31 "administrative fee" when the charges were dropped. So, even though I WAS NOT CONVICTED of any offense or infraction, I was effectively fined $31 for not having a current POI in my possession.

I just am wondering do i go and try at it myself and use the 1500 towards the penalties, fines, etc. or pay the man and hope he works wonders. either way being first offense, no priors on any account. i mean it's not like was driving drunk or killed someone or even doing both.
    Don't go in on your own. The system is WAY geared against you, and you WILL come out worse for wear. Why are lawyers expensive? Because they are worth it.
    Last edited by TFOGGuys; Tue Jan 10th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

They will plea bargain it down without a lawyer, but a lawyer is more than likely going to get it reduced more than you will. It is the system, you are greasing the wheels when you pay a lawyer. Remember the judge is more than likely a lawyer too, they speak the same language. That is why you always hire a local attorney when you need one out in the sticks.

I've just been wanting to use that smiley.

Anyway I empathize. This type ticket as always scared me. Everything that has been said is true in one way or another. Just get a lawyer and take your poison.
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by InSuPress View Post
    Being i'm from maryland
    Then you should know better

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

You should have waved at him when you passed him that always helps.

I've heard from a friend, it's not uncommon to accelerate to higher speeds when someone opens the throttle on a fast bike.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    You should have waved at him when you passed him that always helps.
    Like this?

http://youtu.be/oB5CXR6tD6s
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    When did this change? I have had a couple no insurance charges dropped with just a card, however it was some time ago.
    Been that way since I started driving like 11 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by InSuPress View Post
    or killed someone or even doing both.

Not yet atleast.. Hence why he pulled you over and ticketed you. He just might have saved your life or someone else. Im not one to preach because i have been known to open mine up. I recall a time coming down from Mt Evans doing about 80 in a 40 or whatever. Cop saw me, flashed his lights warning me to slow down... I did. Maybe a mile up the road some idiot pulled out infront of me from the side of the road. I was doing 45 and had to lock them up to not hit him. Imagine if i was still doing 80+ as i was a mile back. I might not have made it.

Quote Originally Posted by highpsi03 View Post
    Been that way since I started driving like 11 years ago.
    I didn't have my proof of insurance when I was pulled over one time, showed them my card (has beginning/end of coverage dates on it) and had no problem getting it dropped.

Careless is a lesser included offense of Reckless, so that is a throwaway. So too is the insurance. The speed if confirmed by reliable means will stick. Even the Reckless if only speed, and no reckless disregard of road conditions and other traffic may not stick.

Be advised that speed at that level and Reckless are both HTO offenses, if you get 3 in 5 years you could face felony charges.

My guess is that you are looking at about 10 to 20 days in jail, probably an offer to PG to Reckless, and a fine.

Good luck.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

You can always hear the plea bargain before hiring the lawyer, then request continuance to hire/consult him if it sucks. Of course it means at least one extra trip to court and all the fun that that is. You never know, sometimes you get a DA who's in a good mood.
    -Ryan

2008 KTM Super Duke 990

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I didn't have my proof of insurance when I was pulled over one time, showed them my card (has beginning/end of coverage dates on it) and had no problem getting it dropped.
    You got lucky or things are different in the springs? I know for a fact that wont work here in aurora/denver/centennial area. You must provide a letter from the insurance company. It's to easy for Jose Hernandez to make a fake card/print one and bring it into court saying he has insurance when he doesn't.

Get an attorney, and get some cash, your gonna need both.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    Actually I have a video of me waving at a police officer as I passed by him and shortly thereafter was pulled over by him for making an illegal pass!

I had the exact same scenario, speed and charges minus the insurance charge, in denver back in 2006. I hired a lawyer, family friend, for $500. I got off with only 6 points and a $300 fine. Definitely don't do it alone.

Just run like Luna...
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

whats does losing license has to do with kepping your job?