Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ticket on I-25 HOV - Advise please

Re: Ticket on I-25 HOV - Advise please

i had 26 pts dropped to 3 in court with a $700 lawyer. shop around.

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    i had 26 pts dropped to 3 in court with a $700 lawyer. shop around.
    What lawyer was that?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

That sucks dude..I would suggest a lawyer, wish I could offer advice from experience but the worst I have gotten since moving to Colorado was a 9 over on my bike(got pulled over by a bike cop doing 55 in a 45 and he dropped 1mph when he wrote it up) and got pulled over trying to get to work because I was being cussed out on speakerphone by my 1sg because of a dumbass that screwed up at MEPS when he was supposed to be shipping...either way I was doing 98 in a 45 that time in my car and the cop gave me a break and wrote me up for no seatbelt instead of speeding. So I have no experience other than knowing that I have worked with people trying to join the Army who had a lot of traffic tickets dismissed thanks to lawyers and most everyone I have encountered in the past year who have gotten no proof of insurance just take the card in showing that they were covered for those dates and get that dismissed...either way good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thaitanic View Post
    whats does losing license has to do with kepping your job?
    If you have to drive a company vehicle or travel and need a rental car as part of your job, you lose you license and lose your job.

Quote Originally Posted by thaitanic View Post
    whats does losing license has to do with kepping your job?
    There are quite a few jobs out there that require you to have a license. For example you can't have a job as a bus driver if you don't have a license to drive....there are a lot of jobs that require you to drive as part of your job responsibilities and if you don't have a license you can't drive, if you can't drive you can't preform your duties, can't preform your duties you can't keep the job...I know that in the town I come from in NC you have to have a license to work for a plumber because every plumbing company requires its plumbers to work alone and drive the company trucks, which again you can't do if you don't have a license...and if someone is pulled over and has no license or has a revoked license while driving the company car(who is an employee of the company and not some random crack head who stole the car) then the company is fined for allowing/making you drive without a license.

hehe i like to go fast too...

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Where did this happen?

Mine happed on I25 north bound in the hov lane. i now have a lawyer and because of no priors he is confident i shouldn't have too much trouble keeping my license and things getting worked out. I'll keep you posted on everything when it goes down.

Mike

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I will be fighting a ticket for an illegal pass next thursday I was pulled over and ticketed for this pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzriPeRSVMM

Was i Speeding? maybe but i am not presenting a video i am presenting 5 second increment pictures. the pass was legal, the sheriff never even saw me make the pass, and i gave a friendly wave to the sheriff that gave me the ticket. WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I will be fighting a ticket for an illegal pass next thursday I was pulled over and ticketed for this pass

Was i Speeding? maybe but i am not presenting a video i am presenting 5 second increment pictures. the pass was legal, the sheriff never even saw me make the pass, and i gave a friendly wave to the sheriff that gave me the ticket. WTF?????
    Seemed legal to me...although maybe speeding. Be careful I once tried to fight something like this and they just changed the ticket to "careless driving". Seems that is what they can use for just about anything.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InSuPress View Post
    Mine happed on I25 north bound in the hov lane. i now have a lawyer and because of no priors he is confident i shouldn't have too much trouble keeping my license and things getting worked out. I'll keep you posted on everything when it goes down.

Mike
    More specifically, what county were you in, do you know? If not, what courthouse are you required to appear at?

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Seemed legal to me...although maybe speeding. Be careful I once tried to fight something like this and they just changed the ticket to "careless driving". Seems that is what they can use for just about anything.
    Nothing reckless about the pass, there were absolutely no cars, no rain or ice, passed only one car, and in the images do not show how fast i was going.

Nothing reckless about the pass, there were absolutely no cars, no rain or ice, passed only one car, and in the images do not show how fast i was going.
    Ummm...not always the way cops see it or a judge. I got the careless and cop never saw me just heard me and said "sounded like you were speeding". I challenged it and got careless driving. I wish you luck brother and hope it works out, I just never have too much faith inthe system. Should help you have these pics. Such BS as I can see there was no way the cop could have saw you make that pass!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

It looked like a reasonable pass to me. One thing that may help for a visual presentation would be a time/date stamp in the image if you can do that. Good luck with it.
    1996 BMW R1100GS
    2002 Ducati Monster 750i.e.

that sucks man....and you even gave him a courtesy V sign....

To the OP, CO is hardcore about speeding and cops toss out the careless way too easy here. MI the cop just wrote "Actual speed 110" on my ticket and said not to fight it..wrote the ticket for only 10mph over...LOL Only time I been cuffed & stuffed.

I think the thing I had going for me besides lawyer here in CO was I being 32 instead of 25'ish when I bought the bike...and a clean record.

I deserved the ticket though, I saw 157 many times, I had lane shared at those speeds in traffic, I had run from cops in various states and always got away. I'm too old for that shit. It's why I went to Dual Sports....stay on dirt the most I can, and if I want to do 80mph over water bars there is no one else around and it feels like 200mph...LOL

Sorry for taking so long to update. I requested the lawyer suggest anything to get the points down. I have no priors.

i had to spend a weekend at level 3 driving/road rage class for 155.00
    Lawyer $250.00
    Court $252.00

All go dropped but 8 points which i had to eat.

All turned out well. Unfortunately this past november i have been troubleshooting issues with the bike. Narrowed it down to a bad coil pack. with holidays it's been on the back burner to get fixed. Hope all had a happy and safe holiday.

8 is better than losing your license, and looks like you didn't get raped too badly in fines, I won my little battle in court.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

InSuPress, glad to hear it wasn't too bad. You still have 4 pts, just protect them as if your life depended on it!

I was stopped last summer and didn't have my current insurance card on me, but the Sheriff just called it in and his dispatcher verified that the bike was mine and that I WAS insured at that time. After giving me the "DAD" lecture, he let me go, ticket free Not sure why they can't/won't do this for others?
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Not sure why they can't/won't do this for others?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Long story short, I raced an airplane once, the airplane was a State Trooper, a"few" troopers were waiting for me up the road. They let me go but I had the choice of paying the ticket in full or losing my license. I payed in full. Talk to the DA nicely and admit your wrong doing. Sincerness is key, and maybe they will help you out. Maybe write a hand written letter to the judge also. That helps a lot, as corny as it is.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

How the heck did you get a ticket for this?

Obviously you proved the cop was lying, was he reprimanded in any way for inventing a ticket?

Wondering if I need to go get a gopro just to protect myself from dishonest cops like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    Exactly
    I watched it happen! She was chasing some hot dude with long hair on Horsepower hill!