http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-offi...ory?hpt=ju_bn4

GRAHAM, N.C. (WGHP)—
A Graham police officer realized during a traffic stop Monday night that the suspect was hauling his stolen motorcycle.

Officer Robert Lovett heard a traffic stop in Haw River on his radio and went to back up Haw River Officer DJ Cummings.

When Lovett arrived at the scene, Cummings told him the vehicle had driven north on Highway 49 about 40 minutes earlier and came back south with motorcycles on a trailer.

"It was odd to be traveling that time of night with motorcycles, and they were small motorcycles," Lovett said.

Lovett keyed on a certain bike and noticed it was way too familiar.

"It had the same scratches and same marks that my bike had, and I was like, 'Man, (I'm) 100 percent positive this has got to be my bike,'" Lovett said.

Lovett had dropped off a motorcycle he had bought for his son at a shop on Highway 49 called Total Control Suspensions. Lovett then questioned the vehicle's driver, Cody Becker, 19, who had no idea what he was about to hear.

"The one good thing I enjoyed is when I said, 'You know, where did you get this bike?' (He said,) 'He's like a friend.' I was like, 'That's funny, because it's my bike.' He had just the most dumbfounded look on his face," Lovett said.

Becker, Wallace Reed, 19, and Billy Staley, 25, face charges in connection with the break-in and theft of three motorcycles and a safe from Total Control Suspensions.

Investigators said the trailer used to steal the bikes was stolen as well.