Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride: Sunday 1/15/12 - Pueblo to Salida

Ride: Sunday 1/15/12 - Pueblo to Salida

Hi CSC,

I know a lot of you are getting cabin fever!

Sunday is supposed to be decent. Sunny skies and highs of 51 to 59 degrees.

I'll be doing a easy paced ride from Pueblo West to Salida. The highlight of the route begins a few miles outside of Canon City and goes on for about 40 miles to Salida. This section of Highway 50 is full of nice wide sweeping turns.

Meet: Loaf 'N Jug located at 14 W Spaulding Ave, Pueblo West, CO 81007

When: Sunday January 15th 2012 - meet at 12:00pm - KSU at 12:10pm

Route:

http://mapq.st/zUdQxB

Gear: That's up you. I'll be in my full leathers.

Questions? Running late? Call/Text me @ 719-201-9383

-Clovis
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Re: Ride: Sunday 1/15/12 - Pueblo to Salida

I'll be there

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

I'll meet you in Canon City around 1ish. I really have no desire to travel to Pueblo, for any reason. I'll be on the Adventure Strom @ the fuel station on the way out of town. I have a taste for Amica's pizza.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

The station right off Hwy 50 that has the diner inside of it?

Yea, its most of the way through town on the left. It has alot of pumps.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Damn...if I didn't already have plans today I'd totally be in for this :-(
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I would have been tempted if not for work. You kids have fun
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

We'll see you there Mikey.

Aaron, Bashed and myself showed up for a nice easy pace ride through Highway 50 to Salida. A bit cold in some parts but nothing too bad with layers (or better, heated gear).

Roads on Hwy 115 and Hwy 50 are clear and in good condition. The sand was well off to the shoulder areas and did not present any problems. Some cool mini-glaciers in the river!!

229.9 miles per the gps.- not bad for January at all!

Did you ride alone... I didn't see your post in time to get to you in COS... I hope it went well...
    'You Never Learn Less'

Bike: 2011 Yamaha R6 SE
    Cage: 2004 MBZ CLK55 AMG

3 of us - Aaron, myself and Mr. Bash on his adventure rider

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

awwwww. I'm glad you guys had a good time!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Nice to get out and get to do a real ride, not just some around town stuff.
    I met Aaron and Justin in C City. It was about 55 or so, and after a minor gear adjustment, we headed up the Bighorn Canyon to Salida. I was comfortable in my heated liner and grips, but as we hit the higher altitudes coming into Salida, I could tell Aaron was hurtin a little. A perf leather jacket is not good in 40-45 degree weather. After 30 minutes of trying to get himself warmed up, we headed back down to better climates. Not alot of snow up in the colligate valley, there seemed more in the lower elevations coming up. Thanks for letting the old guy tag along guys.
    Till the next one..............

I definitely do want to get a heated jacket liner to go with my heated gloves now. Being warm and comfortable greatly reduces rider fatigue.

Great ride all though the wind before C City was getting old =P

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I definitely do want to get a heated jacket liner to go with my heated gloves now. Being warm and comfortable greatly reduces rider fatigue.

Great ride all though the wind before C City was getting old =P
    Heated gloves..lol
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Do you like riding with cold hands?

I don't know about you but if I'm cold on a bike, I'm miserable. Heated gear largely solves that problem.

Do you like riding with cold hands?

I don't know about you but if I'm cold on a bike, I'm miserable. Heated gear largely solves that problem.
    I can't afford heated yuppie gloves...yet alone a liter bike. Plus CBR1k is all the heat I need!
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Quote Originally Posted by thankgod View Post
    I can't afford heated yuppie gloves...yet alone a liter bike. Plus CBR1k is all the heat I need!
    yeah I lol's my quote...^^ Put the rubber on the bands and the stacks in the glocks. lol see you on the grey soon.

They're not that expensive. I got a deal on my gloves for $120 or so (normally $150 I think).

The jacket liner is $160 and the mounted troller is $65 or so.

$345ish total for being comfortable on colder weather which also means being able to ride further and longer for the cost of a set of tires.

They're not that expensive. I got a deal on my gloves for $120 or so (normally $150 I think).

The jacket liner is $160 and the mounted troller is $65 or so.

$345ish total for being comfortable on colder weather which also means being able to ride further and longer for the cost of a set of tires.
    See i just pull over and hug me exhuast for a few minutes... Hence lack of brain cells and posting on the CSC...lol I almost got into a fight with a Fluff RiDER Prez the other day....he's a puss, just thought I'd share...and threadjack somewhat...

If I could... I'd have heated jockies...or fruits of da whomb...

I'll join the next ride.

Fluff RiDER Prez
    who or what is that?

Firstgear makes heated pant liners and heated socks but I don't think my FZ has the excess current to power all 4 of those and I generally don't get cold on my legs/feet. I usually wear a pair of sweat pants under my leathers unless it's summer.

One day I'd like to do some serious long distance riding so maybe I'll get those with a FJR.